Last season for the Osbourne Lights

Per the Disney Parks Blog this season will be the last run for the Osbourne lights. 

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights-celebrate-a-delightful-holiday-tradition-one-more-time/

The holidays are fast approaching and we know that many of you are starting to make your plans. Two more options for holiday fun at Walt Disney World Resort will soon be available to book: the Merry & Bright Dessert Party (Nov. 6-Dec. 30) and the Merry & Bright Dinner Reception (Jan. 1- 3), both overlooking The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

With the dessert party, guests will enjoy holiday-themed desserts while surrounded by the amazing light display. New for 2015 is a dinner reception Jan. 1 – 3, featuring a selection of small bites including beef, shrimp and turkey, plus wine, beer and specialty beverages. You’ll be able to book these experiences beginning Sept. 16, so check back at DisneyWorld.com around that time for full details and to reserve your spot.

As you plan ahead, we also wanted you to know that this holiday season will mark the finale for The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. The display of lights has enjoyed a successful run at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, going all the way back to when it first appeared on Residential Street.

In order to prepare for some incredible experiences coming to the park, including the recently announced Toy Story Land and a Star Wars-themed land, we will not be able to present The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in the future. Our heartfelt thanks go out to the family of Jennings Osborne for letting us share their family tradition year after year. And thank you to all of you for being part of the spectacle with us. Here’s to making more memories in this, the 20th and final year.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Video posted online by Orlando Attractions Magazine of the final song and goodbye...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDeJ4d0E6S8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks. I didn't realize that the Streets of America are that long. So give me the entire area from Mouse gear to Canada to Mexico. I'll turn it into the biggest light show WDW has ever seen. Lol.

Ok, this is really late, and I apologize, but we found the cat up above the purple canopy that you can walk through on December 12:  

Wow.

They can't be any more clear than that. 

I am surprised they announced it. 

Boy, it will be crowded this year.

The TCD twins are going to be sad.  They both have said they'd be sad if this ends up being the last year for the Osborne Lights, and they don't get to see them since they're working in Disneyland.  I'm sad now too, because it means I might need to spring for a couple of flights from LA.

TCD

Wow.

They can't be any more clear than that. 

The TCD twins are going to be sad.  They both have said they'd be sad if this ends up being the last year for the Osborne Lights, and they don't get to see them since they're working in Disneyland.  I'm sad now too, because it means I might need to spring for a couple of flights from LA.

TCD

I would bet they announced it for two reasons. Bring in even more people and so no one can bitch at them for not telling them this was their last chance. 

Jason- Do you have the start and end date for the Osborne Lights this year?

The blog didn't state these.

TCD

The article mentions a new dessert and then dinner option with dates of Nov 6-Dec 30 and then Jan 1-3. I dont have anything else handy right now. 

Hey ... tried to respond to you on FB, but the post is gone??

Yeah, I had said "yay" because I saw the pic and thought you were just announcing dates for this year.  Now I see the real reason so... BOOOO!!!

I'm so glad we get a chance to see it this year; I'll make sure to take a video of the kids, so they can remember their trip :)

Yeah, I had said "yay" because I saw the pic and thought you were just announcing dates for this year.  Now I see the real reason so... BOOOO!!!

I'm so glad we get a chance to see it this year; I'll make sure to take a video of the kids, so they can remember their trip :)

My share didnt copy over correctly so I redid that. Sorry. 

The article mentions a new dessert and then dinner option with dates of Nov 6-Dec 30 and then Jan 1-3. I dont have anything else handy right now. 

Yeah, I saw that.  The January 3rd date surprised me, and got me to wondering how long they'll be around this season.

Maybe they'll keep them up longer than normal since it's the last year.

TCD

Yeah, I saw that.  The January 3rd date surprised me, and got me to wondering how long they'll be around this season.

Maybe they'll keep them up longer than normal since it's the last year.

TCD

In the past they have stayed up through Marathon weekend as they route runs through there. I wonder if the route is staying the same or if they have changed it. 

The official dates for this year's display are November 6 through January 3.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/15835-osborne-lights-2015/?hl=%2Bosborne+%2Blights

Ditto and yes it will.

I'm glad we're going to be there long enough to see them.

I would bet they announced it for two reasons. Bring in even more people and so no one can bitch at them for not telling them this was their last chance. 

Agreed.

The official dates for this year's display are November 6 through January 3.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/15835-osborne-lights-2015/?hl=%2Bosborne+%2Blights

Ditto and yes it will.

I'm glad we're going to be there long enough to see them.

Agreed.

Thanks Mo. I am already on the road and searching on the phone takes a while. 

I originally had this in my plans when we were going to be there for Halloween.

I am sad that I will never get to experience this, but then I am reminded what today is and suddenly I gain perspective. Many lost the chance to plan to go see this 14 years ago.