Last season for the Osbourne Lights

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Video posted online by Orlando Attractions Magazine of the final song and goodbye...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDeJ4d0E6S8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks. I didn't realize that the Streets of America are that long. So give me the entire area from Mouse gear to Canada to Mexico. I'll turn it into the biggest light show WDW has ever seen. Lol.

Ok, this is really late, and I apologize, but we found the cat up above the purple canopy that you can walk through on December 12:  

Not Osborne Lights related but Christmas decorations in general.

When do the parks and resorts take down the decorations.

We were at EPCOT and Shades of Green yesterday 1/10, and both places were still decorated.

We didn't make it any further than those 2 sites, but the previous weekend the MK, HS, Contemporary and Grand Floridian were still decorated.

The GF gingerbread house shop was shut down, but the Contemporary one was still selling items.

Not Osborne Lights related but Christmas decorations in general.

When do the parks and resorts take down the decorations.

We were at EPCOT and Shades of Green yesterday 1/10, and both places were still decorated.

We didn't make it any further than those 2 sites, but the previous weekend the MK, HS, Contemporary and Grand Floridian were still decorated.

The GF gingerbread house shop was shut down, but the Contemporary one was still selling items.

It seems to vary from year to year.

I popped in to Animal Kingdom on Friday, January 8, and the Christmas Tree and decorations were all still up there.

But, all of the Fort's decorations were gone when I visited there Friday night.

I understand that the last night for the Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle will be tomorrow night, the 12th.

TCD

It seems to vary from year to year.

I popped in to Animal Kingdom on Friday, January 8, and the Christmas Tree and decorations were all still up there.

But, all of the Fort's decorations were gone when I visited there Friday night.

I understand that the last night for the Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle will be tomorrow night, the 12th.

TCD

Thanks.

Didn't even think about the Castle.

We left Shades around 7:30 and headed right out since we drove over there.

Another question, non Osborne related.

They had the big torches lit around the lake at EPCOT yesterday during and after the marathon.

I've really never paid attention to them previously.

When are they usually lit?

I have a few last Osborne Lights photos to share.

These are from December 29.

My oldest DD spotted the cat first on this trip- you can see it in this photo if you look carefully.  Do you see it?:

12%2029%2015%20150_zpszygq3oll.jpg

It's up on the blue wall in the far back of the photo:

12%2029%2015%20155_zpsdcw6pebw.jpg

That was a pretty cool location, because if you knew where to look, you could see it from the end of the street.  If you look carefully, you can see it just beneath the two's R's in Merry Christmas in this photo:

12%2029%2015%20163_zps9emga0yy.jpg

We were back there for the final night, and the cat wasn't moved.  So, that's the last hiding place for the cat.

TCD

Early one evening we walked down the Avenue and looked for the "Singing in the Rain" light pole...no Singer.  A CM was there and told us that area was closed and we would have to go back our the way we went in...by the Writers Shop, or whatever it's called.  By the time we got back there they had roadblocks up and were not letting anyone else in.  I guess we were among the last paying customers to see the Lights, although they were not lit at the time.  It was kinda eerie to be there with almost no one else in sight.  The night we saw the Lights lit  the crowds were so thick it was hard to stop and view anything...more of a mass crowd movement.  Here's hoping they find a way to display the Lights again.