• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking about this article tonight. When I came back from EPCOT I couldn't get into my room, when I tried scanning my magic band nothing happened. No lights at all came on the reader, so I had

I know.   You could build a meth lab in the time it takes to read through this thread.   Wait, I meant to say atom bomb.   TCD

Hard to know only having one side of the story.

Whateve the facts, I think this guy miscalculated by taking this to the media so soon.  If it was truly just a dumbass move, I think he should have thrown himself on the "mercy of the court" and waited for the reply on his appeal first.

If he thinks he can force Disney's hand by making them sound bad in public (regardless of the facts), that may be the 2nd dumbest thought he's had recently.

I agree one sided but why would Disney react that way? Sure meth lab was a dumb thing to say but for Disney to call the cops? You would think there would need to be some evidence to warrant a midnight raid. I feel like there is more to this story.

I could bake a cake, knit a sweater, build a house, fly around the world...... There are so many things that pop into my head and build a meth lab is not one of them.

How long does it take to build a meth lab, does he have experience? Very odd choice of words.

Also wondering what else was said to the cast member, maybe something threatening? I feel like there is definitely something missing. I can understand Disney calling the cops, but if nothing was found and nothing else was going on or had in the past I dont see why they would ban him. I would think they would be apologizing their buts of and comping lots of stuff.

I also agree with Mo he jump the gun on going to the news. Disney likely to make a example out of him now.

Sure meth lab was a dumb thing to say but for Disney to call the cops?

IMO, calling the cops is the only logical response. I wouldn't want Disney's Mall Cops looking into this one. The guy made a stupid statement, but I think its prudent for Disney to follow it up appropriately and calling the professionals in is the right thing.

Who knows why the police felt a midnight raid was appropriate- but my guess is that building meth labs in hotel rooms is not out of the bounds of what they've seen.

I don't see the issue here.

I agree that they needed to check it out.  Because if it was a meth lab there are some hazmat and explosive items to consider.  But something has to be said about whatever indecent that started the whole mess in the first place.  And it is truly a strange thing to have pop in your head.  

And it seems like this fella being grumpy by his own admission doesn't make the best choices.  Atomic bomb???  He missed the whole filter between thoughts and mouth speech.

IF that's the whole story, Disney is being ridiculous.  If the want to check his room or search his person fine (I guess) but after finding nothing they should have dropped it. I see far worse behavior every time I go Disney and they don't even speak to the offenders let alone ban them for life.  I do agree he should have waited for his appeal to be denied before going public.  Everybody make bonehead decisions from time to time.  He should have given Disney time to rethink theirs.    

I guess I'm one of the few, that was not bothered by his comment.  My guess is this guy has a very dry sense of humor.  My dad has that...he'll say these off the wall things that make my mom go, "oh Bob...no one else thinks that funny", so maybe I'm use to it?  Or maybe, after many years of dealing with the public, I've just heard so much that what he says doesn't seem all that offense to me. 

I don't know... I just don't think it was that big of deal.  Disney could have been responsive and had the police check his room, if really concerned, but leave it at that.

I do think Mo was correct; he might have been better served not going to media and (rather) going up the chain at Disney and asking for mercy.

Not knowing the whole story I tend to believe Disney over reacted if it was strictly the meth lab comment. It is very hard to hide a meth lab as they have very strong odors due to the chemicals used. With housekeeping going into the room and all of the passersby someone would have been sure to notice the smell long before the incident. As far as the police raid I understand why they did it in the middle of the night but I think they could have positively determined that there really was something going on before raiding the room. I'm wondering if there was some other implied threat that made Disney think there was the risk of violence with a firearm which would explain the actions taken.

It is truly sad what passes as journalism these days.

I'd love to see the actual police report, which the station could have easily accessed.

As everyone else has already said, there obviously is a lot more to this story.

One thing I did find interesting is that it looks like the Sheriff's office has a rubber stamp that they use to issue Trespass Warnings for Disney:

635780251399382333-disney1.JPG

They must issue a lot of Trespass Warnings.

TCD

It is truly sad what passes as journalism these days.

I'd love to see the actual police report, which the station could have easily accessed.

As everyone else has already said, there obviously is a lot more to this story.

One thing I did find interesting is that it looks like the Sheriff's office has a rubber stamp that they use to issue Trespass Warnings for Disney:

635780251399382333-disney1.JPG

They must issue a lot of Trespass Warnings.

TCD

They're going to have to get a new stamp saying Disney Springs and dropping Pleasure Island!

I'm sure the old ones will show up on eBay for a ton of $$$.

Not knowing the whole story I tend to believe Disney over reacted if it was strictly the meth lab comment. It is very hard to hide a meth lab as they have very strong odors due to the chemicals used. With housekeeping going into the room and all of the passersby someone would have been sure to notice the smell long before the incident. As far as the police raid I understand why they did it in the middle of the night but I think they could have positively determined that there really was something going on before raiding the room. I'm wondering if there was some other implied threat that made Disney think there was the risk of violence with a firearm which would explain the actions taken.

I'm assuming that since WDW is a prime target a) any threat, real or implied, has to be investigated, and B) someone overreacted. I'm sure they are under greater scrutiny from Homeland Security and other agencies because of the size of the resort. I was surprised only because it was Pop Century and not one of the all star resorts, lol.

Who knows why the police felt a midnight raid was appropriate- but my guess is that building meth labs in hotel rooms is not out of the bounds of what they've .

It doesn't say what time he made the statement, just that he was trying to stay an extra day. He could have made the statement at 1130pm. I know there have been times I've called late at night to see if I could extend my stay.

Some people misunderstand that the right of Freedom of Speech does not protect you from the negative reactions to what you said.  Any company or individual has the right to refuse service to anyone on their property so long as they demonstrate that denial of service was not a result of a persons race, religion, sexual orientation or any of the other protect classes.  Sounds like the guy was just a jerk.  He needs to own his jerkness and move on.