Since most of the people in real meth labs and drug dealers are heavily armed it is safer for the police to break in while they are sleeping and catching them off guard. This is why the majority of raids are at night. If he implied some threat like going postal I could see where waiting until night would be safer too. With it being a hotel it would also be safer for guests as most will be in their rooms sleeping. I get the impression the guy is a bit of a hot head so who knows what else he said. Of course the CM just might not have liked his attitude and decided to get even. You never know.

Bingo.......I think you've got it. :bellringer:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking about this article tonight. When I came back from EPCOT I couldn't get into my room, when I tried scanning my magic band nothing happened. No lights at all came on the reader, so I had

I know.   You could build a meth lab in the time it takes to read through this thread.   Wait, I meant to say atom bomb.   TCD

This guy really needs to consider checking into a facility equipped to handle his problem. Not only does he keep digging deeper to try and make the story more in his favor but he really seems to have unresolved issues with his disability and a feeling of being persecuted for everything he does. I mean common going from "I could build a meth lab in the time it took you to respond" to "I had thought about the smell being methane and confused it with other thoughts about Breaking Bad." I hope Disney never changes their mind and keeps this guy out for life.

so were 4 pages in and no one has even commented on this guys name?!?!?!?!?!

David Swindler

Swindler!

verb (used with object)swindled, swindling.

to cheat (a person, business, etc.) out of money or other assets.
to obtain by fraud or deceit.
verb (used without object)swindled, swindling.
to put forward plausible schemes or use unscrupulous trickery todefraud others; cheat.
noun
an act of swindling or a fraudulent transaction or scheme.
anything deceptive; a fraud:

So... he's lost over 300 lbs.  One of the things I learned by listening to the two new videos. Comments on the 2nd video say that Disney has a 6" thick file on him, that he recorded the encounter but won't show it, and that he's threatened a cast member before. I don't think he's going to "let it go" even though the ones being harmed by his attitude are his family, who he claims want him to keep fighting.  The more he talks the deeper the hole he's digging for himself.

I hope Disney never changes their mind and keeps this guy out for life.

It seems likely that will be the case, especially since by his own admission, he has yet to do the one thing Disney said would make them consider his case, and has no plans to.

Comments on the 2nd video say that Disney has a 6" thick file on him, that he recorded the encounter but won't show it, and that he's threatened a cast member before.

As the song says...

MI0001609497.jpg

So does that mean that everyone on this site that has posted something unflattering about Big Brother Disney has a magical file?

I surely have a magical file because I fell in the Magic Kingdom several years ago and required EMT services.  The question is what's been added to my file since then.  

so were 4 pages in and no one has even commented on this guys name?!?!?!?!?!

David Swindler

I was trying to be polite.

So... he's lost over 300 lbs.  One of the things I learned by listening to the two new videos. Comments on the 2nd video say that Disney has a 6" thick file on him, that he recorded the encounter but won't show it, and that he's threatened a cast member before. I don't think he's going to "let it go" even though the ones being harmed by his attitude are his family, who he claims want him to keep fighting.  The more he talks the deeper the hole he's digging for himself.

I didn't see the comment about the 6" file.  And the comments to the first two videos have been removed.

The second "David v. Goliath" video sheds a lot of light on this guy's past dealings with Disney and his combative attitude.  It's amazing to listen to his version of what happened in Hollywood Studios, and to hear him casually talk about being brought into some backstage security office not once, but twice, to address dangerous and prohibited behavior on his part.  Despite that, he goes and does what he wants, and then gets confrontational with some poor CM who is just doing his job.

The guy is an entitled jerk and bully, who now wants to drum up support by telling only part of the story.  As others have said, I feel sorry for his wife and children.  And for him, too.  He doesn't grasp that he's a jerk and a bully.

Using a David v. Goliath analogy for this situation is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.  And I've heard a lot of dumb things.

He needs to shut up and go away.

TCD

Comment from 2nd Goliath video (still there):

photo.jpg?sz=50

Trust me. The higher ups know exactly what is going on. Walt Disney World is a better place without hot heads like you. You said you have limited income so who pays for your annual passes for your family? Cell phones and tablets? All of these expensive things but you yourself say you have limited income. You are looking for a hand out. Those of us who know the truth know that this is not the first threat you have made towards Disney cast members. Disney has a file on you that is 6 inches thick. By the way...You recorded the whole thing. Publish the video since it shows you being done wrong. You will never publish it because it shows exactly why you were trespassed. Your last name fits you perfectly. If your child had fallen off of your shoulders you would have sued Disney and they know this. Keep talking sir. You are just digging yourself deeper.

-----------------------------------------

He just makes it harder for people to approach Disney with a legitimate problem.

I haven't seen the videos, but based on everyone's comments posted here, he does sound like he's living in the "Land of ME" where the entire universe revolves around him, and every/any one was placed on this Earth to cater to him.

And unfortunately, these types of people are becoming more common.

Comment from 2nd Goliath video (still there):

photo.jpg?sz=50

Trust me. The higher ups know exactly what is going on. Walt Disney World is a better place without hot heads like you. You said you have limited income so who pays for your annual passes for your family? Cell phones and tablets? All of these expensive things but you yourself say you have limited income. You are looking for a hand out. Those of us who know the truth know that this is not the first threat you have made towards Disney cast members. Disney has a file on you that is 6 inches thick. By the way...You recorded the whole thing. Publish the video since it shows you being done wrong. You will never publish it because it shows exactly why you were trespassed. Your last name fits you perfectly. If your child had fallen off of your shoulders you would have sued Disney and they know this. Keep talking sir. You are just digging yourself deeper.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks.  I skimmed that comment, and didn't see the part about the 6" file.  After hearing this guy rant on his videos, I believe it.

I'm on Disney's side here.  No business needs a customer like this.  I'm sure he never stopped to think how much time and attention his antics take for Disney CM's to address. 

It hasn't come up yet, but I'll bet that back in his daredevil wheelchair days he and his family were in the group that abused the Guest Assistance Cards, resulting in the limitations that Disney finally had to put in place.

TCD

...drum up support by telling only part of the story. 

According to his FB page, CBS's "The Talk" did a segment on him yesterday.  Of course they blasted Disney.

Of course they did, because they only picked up the first round of reports where he was only telling part of the story.

If they'd seen the last round of videos, my guess is they wouldn't have run the story at all.

IMO he only buries himself with the recent round of videos by admitting that he's challenged Disney CMs repeatedly in the past and refused to comply with other things he thinks are "unfair."

Life is unfair.  If you want to make the rules open your own theme park.

As it turns out, according to his wife's FB page, they've contacted Disney 4 times and all 4 times Disney's reply has simply been to write a letter to security and ask them to review your case.  He says he won't give them an apology, but it sounds like Disney has only asked him to tell his side of what happened. They've refused to do it.  Why?!

The comment above from the video makes a good point...

".You recorded the whole thing. Publish the video since it shows you being done wrong."

If the video really shows such terrible treatment by Disney, give it to the news outlets and let them run with it.  He admits he's been contacting local news, he's even upset some refused to run his story.  Give them video and I'd just about guarantee they'll run it. Then you actually might force Disney to do something if it shows what you say it does.  Or at least forward it to security to plead your case for being mistreated.  But no... that hasn't happened either. 

Maybe because just as his own videos keep revealing more to the store, there's more still that he's not telling?? If I was in his shoes and truly felt like I was treated wrongly and had that video in my possession, you better believe I'd use it.

All that aside, I'm still amazed that he thinks there will be some incredible public outcry against "Gestapo Mickey" (his words) to convince them THEY were wrong and they should humbly apologize and reinstate his access, with gifts and perks galore to make up for their grievous error.

And monkeys will fly out of my butt...

Been following this. Mr Swindler is 100% at fault is my observation. He got what he deserved and now wants a mulligan.

As an Asst Fire Chief I do not believe the police & security over reacted. Meth Labs are a huge issue nationwide and they have to check everything out. Just way too much liability.

One of our daughters is a former cast member and she has told us that management knows more than they will ever let on to. There are lots of cameras.

I also suspect that they were working on getting freebies.

He just makes it harder for people to approach Disney with a legitimate problem.

I haven't seen the videos, but based on everyone's comments posted here, he does sound like he's living in the "Land of ME" where the entire universe revolves around him, and every/any one was placed on this Earth to cater to him.

And unfortunately, these types of people are becoming more common.

Thank you - I love that - the "Land of Me"  - I'm going to use that - it seems that so many people now are living in the Land of Me - selfish, self-centred and egotistical as all get out.

Random opinion, but I think Disney gets a lot of folks who believe the hype about Disney's sole purpose being to make sure you have a Magical vacation, and take it to the extreme. 

While it is still true to some extent, I think some believe that means that Disney CMs should have to put up with all kinds of nonsense that people in the real world never would... just because it's Disney.  Some people definitely walk around in "The Land of Me" but I think even some folks that don't think that when they're at Disney, it suddenly becomes all about them - as if Disney CMs were happy little robots that will bend the rules and cater to your every whim, just because you ventured inside the Disney bubble.

Rules?? We don't need no stinkin' rules.  It's Disney!  The rules should be able to be bent (or flat out broken) if it means I get to have a Magical time.  Consequences be damned!  And yes, I promise I won't sue you if I do something completely stupid and someone in my family gets hurt. (wink wink nudge nudge)

Patience and courtesy?  Balderdash! I paid "good money" to come here (does anyone ever pay "bad money?") I should be able to get what I want, when I want it, as quickly as I want it, and even if you've already told me at least twice that it's not available. And if I can't, I'll throw a tantrum and you'll give it to me anyway, dammit.

One of our daughters is a former cast member and she has told us that management knows more than they will ever let on to. There are lots of cameras.

I also suspect that they were working on getting freebies.

I think you're spot on there.

By his own admission, this guy has video he took, and yet he won't publish it.  That says a lot.

He's back on a mad tear on his FB page posting all the "news" outlets that picked up his story.  Except it's mostly the same article that was just posted over and over and over a couple of weeks ago.  Failing to garner the public outcry and groundswell of support I think he figured he'd get, he's now yelling for Disney to tell their side over and over. But even his own friends aren't sharing his videos and posts so...

And why should/would Disney say anything?  He hasn't actually retained a lawyer and filed suit (as a few of his friends have suggested), and he apparently still hasn't even written to Disney security to tell his story and ask them to reconsider.  There's no reason for Disney to do anything but sit back and let this become old news.  In 2 years it'll probably be the stuff of urban legend...

"Hey remember that guy that tried to build a meth lab at the Grand Floridian and federal marshals repelled in by helicopter and tasered him and his whole family?"

"Yeah, whatever happened to that guy?  I heard from a boat captain that they put hoods on their heads and dragged him off in the middle of the night and dropped them off at Universal."

"Hey remember that guy that tried to build a meth lab at the Grand Floridian and federal marshals repelled in by helicopter and tasered him and his whole family?"

"Yeah, whatever happened to that guy?  I heard from a boat captain that they put hoods on their heads and dragged him off in the middle of the night and dropped them off at Universal."

Up arrow (the closest "Like" button we currently have).