• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking about this article tonight. When I came back from EPCOT I couldn't get into my room, when I tried scanning my magic band nothing happened. No lights at all came on the reader, so I had

I know.   You could build a meth lab in the time it takes to read through this thread.   Wait, I meant to say atom bomb.   TCD

Been following this. Mr Swindler is 100% at fault is my observation. He got what he deserved and now wants a mulligan.

As an Asst Fire Chief I do not believe the police & security over reacted. Meth Labs are a huge issue nationwide and they have to check everything out. Just way too much liability.

One of our daughters is a former cast member and she has told us that management knows more than they will ever let on to. There are lots of cameras.

I also suspect that they were working on getting freebies.

I don't doubt it is a freebie scam. This guy was on GoFundMe last December asking for money so he wouldn't lose his house. If I recall it was somewhere in the $4K range. I found it shortly after this incident showed up, complete with picture, and surprise this is what shows up today, "Campaign Not Found".

... I found it shortly after this incident showed up, complete with picture, and surprise this is what shows up today, "Campaign Not Found".

Interesting.  From some of the video comments, sounds like plenty of other folks found it too, and those comments were definitely NOT favorable.  I guess they realized that having that out there was hurting their cause.

Then again, I still think the 2nd round of videos hurt them the worst.  :wacko:

Interesting.  From some of the video comments, sounds like plenty of other folks found it too, and those comments were definitely NOT favorable.  I guess they realized that having that out there was hurting their cause.

They aren't very smart if they think that will work. This is the internet after all so nothing truly disappears. I know there is a cached copy somewhere out there if one wanted to make the effort to find it.

They aren't very smart if they think that will work. This is the internet after all so nothing truly disappears. I know there is a cached copy somewhere out there if one wanted to make the effort to find it.

IMO they haven't been very smart about this when it comes to how the internet works period.  As evidenced by their very few supporters are upset that this guy is being "judged by the masses." 

Um, if you put yourself out there where the masses can find you, especially on the internet, you takes your chances!

I was on hold for about 15 mins, transferred 3 times, got disconnected, called back, transferred again, profusely apologized to for getting disconnected, transfered put on hold for a few mins, then got the the great news we could stay an extra day at the Fort! (All while waiting for a very slow epcot bus)

Never once did I think about threatening, insulting or telling anyone I was going to build a meth lab at my site (or an atomic bomb.)

I patiently waited, was polite, friendly and understanding that sometimes calls get disconnected.

Been up waiting for cops to come raid the trailer but so far they havent. I must have done something wrong.

I don't doubt it is a freebie scam. This guy was on GoFundMe last December asking for money so he wouldn't lose his house. If I recall it was somewhere in the $4K range. I found it shortly after this incident showed up, complete with picture, and surprise this is what shows up today, "Campaign Not Found".

But the "Headlines" for the fund are still on Google... nothing leaves the world wide webz......:rofl2:

Help The Swindlers Save Their Home - GoFundMe
www.gofundme.com/j5pxqs
  •  
  •  
Dec 20, 2014 - Help The Swindlers Save Their Home by Shelley Skinner Swindler -Swindler Family Friends: This account has been set up to help David ...

Wow.  This guy's poor family.   :faceplant2:

Now here is what I can't get passed - There was a smell in his room bad enough to call the desk for help.  But, wait, it will be ok until morning.  And for the next few nights we want to extend our stay for.....      

Maybe the smell was so bad that it affected his memory about no vacancies.  

Or common sense.

But the "Headlines" for the fund are still on Google... nothing leaves the world wide webz...... :rofl2:

Help The Swindlers Save Their Home - GoFundMe
www.gofundme.com/j5pxqs

The full cached version of the page is very easy to find...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:p6a0CCTaJlIJ:www.gofundme.com/j5pxqs+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Internetz = the real life version of the fabled "Your Permanent Record"

Wow.  This guy's poor family.   :faceplant2:

Now here is what I can't get passed - There was a smell in his room bad enough to call the desk for help.  But, wait, it will be ok until morning.  And for the next few nights we want to extend our stay for.....      

Maybe the smell was so bad that it affected his memory about no vacancies.  

Or common sense.

A whole lot of stuff doesn't add up, not the least of which is that if there was really a "midnight raid" of their room - complete with a contingency of OSCO officers and a POP manager wielding a trespass order - on a weekend that was so jam packed that they were unable to find him a vacancy despite him asking 3 times, how come there hasn't been a single report from any other guest that saw/heard this go down??  This thing has garnered enough press that you'd have to think that if someone saw/heard something, it would be out there, and yet nothing, nadda, zip.

I've stayed at POP.  Those rooms are far from soundproof.  On the ground floor you can hear the most casual conversation of people walking by your door.  I'm betting if his kid really did say "childhood ruined" on her way out the door, someone would have heard it. Plus somehow I have a hard time believing this guy would react calmly and quietly to an incident like this as he's described it. 

So unless they were the only occupants of the new "methane gas themed wing," I go back to my initial gut instinct of shenanigans.

I've stayed at POP.  Those rooms are far from soundproof.  On the ground floor you can hear the most casual conversation of people walking by your door.  I'm betting if his kid really did say "childhood ruined" on her way out the door, someone would have heard it. Plus somehow I have a hard time believing this guy would react calmly and quietly to an incident like this as he's described it. 

I've stayed at POP once - never again.  I like the peaceful night time feeling of the fort too much - it's just as loud at 11pm as it is at 11am there....good value, but I'd rather stay in a tent at FW.....too many Swindlers elsewhere.

I was on hold for about 15 mins, transferred 3 times, got disconnected, called back, transferred again, profusely apologized to for getting disconnected, transfered put on hold for a few mins, then got the the great news we could stay an extra day at the Fort! (All while waiting for a very slow epcot bus)

Never once did I think about threatening, insulting or telling anyone I was going to build a meth lab at my site (or an atomic bomb.)

I patiently waited, was polite, friendly and understanding that sometimes calls get disconnected.

Been up waiting for cops to come raid the trailer but so far they havent. I must have done something wrong.

Clearly you'll never get yourself plastered all over the internet, and on tv, and possibly get FREE stuff.  Try harder to be rude, threatening and obnoxious next time.

I'm guessing the press just did a little digging and found out this guy isn't what he appeared to be.

All they had to do was look at that 2nd set of videos (yeesh).  But given how few people actually did, I kind of doubt anyone in the media did much digging. Most of them just picked up and repeated the same original couple of articles over and over and over. And since there wasn't any big public outcry to give the story any legs, it's just kind of pooped out.