Rumor: Adults Only Lounge Coming to Disney Springs?

Not sure how much solid info is behind this, but it is interesting...

Walt's and Neverland Tunnels Planned for Disney Springs
Written by Scott Joseph on
16 September 2015 .

I’ve learned of a couple of new venues that are planned for the (currently) very dusty Disney Springs project. One will be a restaurant called Walt’s — not sure where they came up with that name — and another will be a bar and lounge known as the Neverland Tunnels.

Details are still a little sketchy, but both will be located near the previously announce Edison, which will be set up as a speakeasy. Neverland Tunnels will make use of the space that once sat beneath the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island. The name is likely a reference to the underground home that Peter Pan and company lived in. Seeing as how it will be mainly a bar, you can expect a lot of Lost Boys to suddenly want to grow up when they get carded. And this is interesting: To get to the Neverland Tunnels you’ll have to first go through Edison and then Walt’s. 

Also, it’s looking more likely that the Rick Bayless helmed restaurant that I told you about 10 months ago will actually happen.

I’ll have more details soon.

http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/index.php/news/3120-walt-s-and-neverland-tunnels-planned-for-disney-springs

From TheDisneyBlog...

The “Walt’s” restaurant has been rumored ever since its logo appeared on some leaked slides from the presentation Disney made to pitch companies to open shop in Disney Springs. There is a Walt’s in Disneyland Paris and it’s often been hoped that the experience would be cloned for Orlando. That just may be coming true. We’ll see if Walt’s favorite chili recipe is on the menu.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/09/17/disney-springs-to-add-a-walts-restaurant-and-more-news/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tempting!  But given that Disney is cracking down more on the unauthorized use of their name, I might have to get a little creative. 

Maybe "DrinkingTheSprings.com"  :rofl2:

I like that - we could say "going drinking at DrinkingTheSprings"  -or "meet me at DrinkingTheSprings" -  it has a good lilt to it - and it sounds vaguely healthy, as opposed to not.