Hey everyone!  Long time lurker here but this is my first post.  We arrive at the Fort on October 24 and are scheduled to check out on the 31st.  We wanted to stay until Nov. 1 but couldn't get reservations for Halloween night.   :( I have two questions, first, do you think there is any chance we may find a cancellation for Halloween night if we ask at check in?  And if not (which I am expecting), what time is the golf cart parade on the 31st?

If we do have to check out, I am hoping we may be able to hang around the Fort and at least see the parade before heading back home.  Thanks!

I would just keep calling, checking the website, etc. Every day!! 45 days out is a big cancellation time for packages. 5 days out is a big cancellation time for Room only. So there is a chance.

Also, if you can't extend, you can get off your site on the 31st, park in overflow and stay as long as you wish, even through the golf cart parade, trick or treating. You are a resort guest till midnite of your last day.

We do this often. Check out, hang at the resort, park all day, then hop in the truck and drive an hour or so North, stop for the night and continue the drive the next day.

If you do need to check out the 31st, take your camper to the overflow lot early. 

If it is anything like last year when,  DH and I came out Halloween afternoon,  the lot was crammed full to overflowing.  Cars and campers were parked on the grass outside the lot even.  And we were instructed to park at Port Orleans.  Though DH 'found' a spot next to others parked on a piece of grass.

And welcome to fortfiends!!

Welcome!  

It's been my dream for years to stay at the fort over halloween.  We usually make it down every few years in mid-october for my Kid's fall break.  My youngest is now a Junior in HS and in two short years I will FINALLY get to stay at the Fort over Halloween - probably with no kids - now that I think about it, I guess that's a bit creepy...oh well.

Hoping you get you ressie!

... I will FINALLY get to stay at the Fort over Halloween - probably with no kids - now that I think about it, I guess that's a bit creepy...oh well.

Actually I think the list of Fiends for this year's GG is probably split about 50/50 kids/no kids so... welcome to the ranks of the creepy!!  :rofl2:

As a friend of mine with kids just starting college says, "Disney was a ton of fun with the kids, and it's even more fun without them."  8)