New Bear Proof trash cans at the Fort

Saw on FB a picture of new red trash cans at the campsites that look bear proof. 

They've been in the 2800 cabin loop for at least the last 2 years.

Bears ??

Yep!!

Would also keep other wildlife out. 

Which is a good thing.

Hopefully they will keep the possums and racoons out too.  They are really loud around 5 am each morning and they can actually get the top of the cans off.

My guess is that they're way more of a problem than the rare bear that makes an appearance.

The Squirrels as well. One day a lady screamed her head off, she went to put her trash in a can and a squirrel jumped out. I thought it was kind of funny at that moment.

The Squirrels as well. One day a lady screamed her head off, she went to put her trash in a can and a squirrel jumped out. I thought it was kind of funny at that moment.

Oh those little buggers did a good job of teaching DH not to leave anything on the outside kitchen when he watched them run off with half a bag of Doritos.  :rofl2:

I do actually like the soft-sided one. I'm not sure that one is bear-proof though. LOL! I might also like it more because I can use it myself AND we didn't pay for it.

that's all I have is the soft one. I didn't want to carry the hard one. Plus I like my cooler in the truck with me.

There have been bear sightings at the Fort.  My daughter lives in Celebration and she was running one morning and encountered a bear and her cubs (she heard a growl first). Made her run faster (after slowly walking away). :lol:

I bet!!

It seems the "look out for bears" notice gets handed out at the Fort at least once or twice a year.

The frantic uproar that follows on the interwebz usually lasts at least a week, often with not a single bear seen by a single live person partaking in the uproar.  8)

And then the discussion of snakes starts...

:rofl2: