Was doing some looping and saw that all the sites in the 300 loop 20150922_191752_zps5fu56ywr.jpg 20150922_191818_zpsfna5ldet.jpg

Don't know when they were done or if they have already discussed. Didn't see during our July trip.

I'm assuming they are a no parking past this point kinda thing, I like they idea and they seem to be working. Only saw one site with a car parked over the line, but it's not a weekend or holiday. We'll see what happens.

Love the idea, if it works. Don't care for the look. Maybe a horseshoe pattern or something for related.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no doubt some of them are.  However, there are many who do not work for Disney.  When the other resorts were not fenced in, and did not have the guard shacks at their entrances, a lot of people

Unfortunately that seems to be the way a lot of folks are today. The world was made for them and the rest of us are just window dressing. I'm generally an optimist and believe things will get better b

What is it about campgrounds that makes people crazy idiots?  I just don't understand how kids are allowed to drive golf carts period!  Drivers license needed to operate!  I just can't stand kids who

It's a good idea, but it's going to cause problems for a lot of folks who are used to camping on the 300 loop. That's a very tight loop, and it's common to see trucks parked off of the parking pads.  The Rangers used to let that go.  It looks like that leniency has ended.  Which means quite a few of the folks who used to cram into those preferred level sites are going to have to cough up more money and upgrade to premium.  I'm sure that's why the beancounters green-lighted to yellow paint expenditure.  Follow the money.

TCD

It's ugly, looks like you are camped at Walmart.

I agree very ugly and a major fail for Disney themeing you would think that they could have come up with a more Fort themed way of doing it. Lines of horseshoes, animal tracks, something. All it would take is a stencil and a sign at the beginning of each loop explaining what they are or or CM at check in explaining. I'm hoping if they add them to other loops they put some more thought into it.

I think it's frames for the kids chalk art ; 0) Yhanks for the pictures.

Oh I have no doubt that will happen.  Photos please!  :)

Oh darn, I must have missed the other posts about them.

Hey you were the first to post photos.

So good job!

TCD

What TCD said!!

Agreed that it is a bit jarring visually.  How about just a big ol' Mickey head - "please don't park on Mickey's face"  8)

Even a single line would have been less obtrusive, but I can see people parking stuff on either side of it or ignoring it altogether. 

Now I suppose we'll see if they actually enforce this.

We were in 300 over Thanksgiving last year, and have been a few times, and there were cars parked all over the place - in some cases 2 or 3 to a site. 

A lot of those sites could be lengthened where the big riggs could fit.  Can of paint is cheaper I guess.   

A decent number of the outside sites are already 50' counting the sand pad. Although compared to the premiums, it's not even so much the length as the width.  We've managed to fit a 9x12 dog pen, 33' camper, a Fort Excursion and a golf cart in several of those sites without hanging into/near the road. Oh and the picnic table and 2 lounge chairs.  8)

But we've also had to finagle getting into a few of them so that we had just enough clearance to open our slide. With the bushes, trees and old utility "stumps," it can get a little tricky sometimes. Unfortunately to widen out those sites you'd have to take a lot of trees and bushes out - including a fair number of Cypress trees.

From watching plenty of people try and get all kinds of RVs into 300,  it's usually not so much an issue of fitting in the site, as people trying to navigate their rigs into the sites - especially when there are cars/carts parked practically in the road.

I'd also have to say that a novice driver probably doesn't want to attempt getting into most of the sites in 300. Busy check-in days can be pretty entertaining. 8)

Our first (and only until Christmas!) time at Ft. Wilderness, we were in 300 loop and almost didn't make it into our spot (301 or 302) because there was a truck parked across from us.  If the yellow lines were there then, he would've been on them or on the road side of them.  I even knocked on his camper door but no one came.  Finally we got in but it was a huge pain.  We've been in a LOT of campgrounds since, and that ranks #2 in difficulty to get in.  

So, I'm not opposed to those if people abide by them.  

Simple solution. if you have a big rig, request a different loop

I wouldn't say it is simple.  In our case, we had never been there and had no idea it was a tight loop or the need to request a different one.  I entered our details online when making the res and told them on the phone that we had a 40ft.  The people working there should recognize it might be a problem since they are familiar with the campground.  

PS - we weren't the problem, it was the guy across from us with his truck in the road.  Once we got in, our MH and Jeep were completely in the spot.

almost didn't make it into our spot (301 or 302) because there was a truck parked across from us.  If the yellow lines were there then, he would've been on them or on the road side of them.  I even knocked on his camper door but no one came.  Finally we got in but it was a huge pain. 

That scene plays out a lot in the 300 loop. 

I bet Brown Painter Guy could come up with a more creative solution

I'm sure he could - but it would have taken a LOT longer.  :rofl2:

I wouldn't say it is simple.  In our case, we had never been there and had no idea it was a tight loop or the need to request a different one.  I entered our details online when making the res and told them on the phone that we had a 40ft.  The people working there should recognize it might be a problem since they are familiar with the campground.  

It's a problem that starts with the reservation system.  There's nothing in there that tells you you won't be able to fit into some Preferred sites - in part because you're not booking a particular site and there are sites in there that you'll fit into just fine, assuming you can actually get into them.

The rest of the problem seems to be those assigning sites.  I know they have the information on each site's specs in the supersecret binder, but I'm not sure if some of them just don't bother looking at it, or don't look at what info you enter on your reservation - assuming that info even gets passed along to them.

2 years ago we booked Preferred Pet (so 300) and even though we'd filled all the specs out on the reservation and sent a request in with a handful of sites we know we'll fit in, they assigned us to one of the inside sites we never could have fit into unless we parked our only vehicle out front.  Thankfully they were super nice about it, and because the 300 loop was super booked up they bumped us over to 500.

Of course fitting in a site in 300 and actually getting into it can be 2 different stories.  And I wouldn't expect the CMs to be able to help there.  For starters, they'd have to know how good you are at backing in.  B)

PS - we weren't the problem, it was the guy across from us with his truck in the road.  Once we got in, our MH and Jeep were completely in the spot.

It is my impression from what I have read here that this is not the case.

It is my impression from what I have read here that this is not the case.

That's been my experience.  I've had CMs at the front desk say things that make it pretty clear they've never seen a camping loop.

That's where that supersecret binder should come into play - it's got all the info they need if they just look.

But then given Disney's reservation system, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't pass all the RV info along with the reservation to the people assigning the sites.

Simple solution. if you have a big rig, request a different loop

Exactly. My first night at the fort was booked on a whim and I didn't know to request a level of site much less the differences between them. I called and asked for a site for my 42' camper.

I fit, but it was cozy and a little tricky parking due to the placement of the recycling bins.

I think some of the problem is also caused by Disney's unwillingness to spend the money to bring the Fort up to modern standards. When the Fort was built trailers were typically smaller along with their tow vehicles. What were reasonable sized campsites and roads then are tight and crowded today. The parking lines appear to be a half *ssed attempt to alleviate some of the problem but will never totally resolve it. The best way to do this would be to rebuild the loops to today's standards and adding more loops to compensate for sites lost to the upgrade. I'm not holding my breath though.