How is it that other campgrounds can enforce one car per site, but Disney can't?  But I've also seen the main parking lot full to the point of parking on grass.  Maybe Disney has to re-think the 10 per site.  That's just too many people.  Realistically the average family has to be 4-5 so why 10?  That's two families essentially.  So that's the reason you get too many cars. And put golf carts into the mix....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no doubt some of them are.  However, there are many who do not work for Disney.  When the other resorts were not fenced in, and did not have the guard shacks at their entrances, a lot of people

Unfortunately that seems to be the way a lot of folks are today. The world was made for them and the rest of us are just window dressing. I'm generally an optimist and believe things will get better b

What is it about campgrounds that makes people crazy idiots?  I just don't understand how kids are allowed to drive golf carts period!  Drivers license needed to operate!  I just can't stand kids who

26 minutes ago, Hammer bird said:

How is it that other campgrounds can enforce one car per site, but Disney can't?  But I've also seen the main parking lot full to the point of parking on grass.  Maybe Disney has to re-think the 10 per site.  That's just too many people.  Realistically the average family has to be 4-5 so why 10?  That's two families essentially.  So that's the reason you get too many cars. And put golf carts into the mix....

If you don't like it, there are plenty of big obnoxious groups from south Florida that will gladly rent your site.  What does Disney care about enforcing some stupid rules?  As long as you pay, you can do pretty much whatever you want.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If you don't like it, there are plenty of big obnoxious groups from south Florida that will gladly rent your site.  What does Disney care about enforcing some stupid rules?  As long as you pay, you can do pretty much whatever you want.

TCD

Except swing on the playground swing by Pioneer Hall, or see a covered wagon, or be safe from underage cart drivers...

5 hours ago, Hammer bird said:

I've been saying that same thing for awhile now. The 10 per site rule makes the Fort the best bargain on property *IF* you have 10 (or more) people to split the price.  No other CG allows that many on one site fee.

If they reduced that to a more reasonable number, then charged extra for more people or required getting another site, I believe you would see many of those groups moving to one of the value resorts instead.... AND you would mostly solve the Phantom Site problem too.

1 minute ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

I've been saying that same thing for awhile now. The 10 per site rule makes the Fort the best bargain on property *IF* you have 10 (or more) people to split the price.  No other CG allows that many on one site fee.

If they reduced that to a more reasonable number, then charged extra for more people or required getting another site, I believe you would see many of those groups moving to one of the value resorts instead.... AND you would mostly solve the Phantom Site problem too.

I agree with you.  Heck, it would help if they would at least enforce the 10 person per site rule, which they don't even do.

TCD

31 minutes ago, articfox676 said:

Help me understand if you have your RV, two golf carts why do you also need two trucks or cars also/

Agreed, especially with a cart, we park the truck up front. Don't want to see it, don't want to drive it. I know if everyone did that, overflow is not big enough, but geez.

Agreed, especially with a cart, we park the truck up front. Don't want to see it, don't want to drive it. I know if everyone did that, overflow is not big enough, but geez.

We do the same, if we do drive anywhere we take the cart and swap it out with the truck in overflow. If we have visitors we usually have them park up front and pick them up, other than my grandpa as he's in a electric wheelchair so I let him park at our site lol. (Because I've made that trip from overflow to the 500 loop in one and it was a long bumpy ride).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We do the same, if we do drive anywhere we take the cart and swap it out with the truck in overflow. If we have visitors we usually have them park up front and pick them up, other than my grandpa as he's in a electric wheelchair so I let him park at our site lol. (Because I've made that trip from overflow to the 500 loop in one and it was a long bumpy ride).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We also ride our ECV all over the Fort. It's pretty fast, but yes, some of the sidewalks are pretty bumpy :(

12 hours ago, articfox676 said:

Help me understand if you have your RV, two golf carts why do you also need two trucks or cars also/

When did campers (well younger campers) become so lazy they need a golf cart every where they go!!!!!! I can understand older folks and the disabled, but healthy young folks? A lot of them cannot back their camper up and they had to buy the biggest unit they don't need. I'm not to upset at 2 cars or 10 people on a site. But I am super upset at children being allow to drive golf carts. I've had my vehicle struck by a child on a golf cart and they ran leaving me to have to pay for the damages.    

6 hours ago, Campingdad said:

When did campers (well younger campers) become so lazy they need a golf cart every where they go!!!!!! I can understand older folks and the disabled, but healthy young folks? A lot of them cannot back their camper up and they had to buy the biggest unit they don't need. I'm not to upset at 2 cars or 10 people on a site. But I am super upset at children being allow to drive golf carts. I've had my vehicle struck by a child on a golf cart and they ran leaving me to have to pay for the damages.    

Welcome to the site.  You have hit on one of the top 10 peeves of fiends.

10 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Welcome to the site.  You have hit on one of the top 10 peeves of fiends.

If you look carefully, Campingdad actually hit several of them!

1. Lazy people.

2. People who can't back up.

3. People who buy crazy humongous oversize campers (and then can't back them up..).

4. Too many cars on one site.

5. Too many people on one site.

6. Children driving golf carts.

To be fair, he did say that too many cars and people didn't really bother him.

Welcome Campingdad!  You will fit right in here at FortFiends  (just work on getting more upset at the cars and people thing...)  :lol: