I just realized I never posted our pics from last month. We sat upstairs at "The Forbidden Sushi Lounge" i.e., where they make the actual sushi and raw bar items.  8)

23038971451_a44a404003_b.jpg

23027833685_3916279e40_b.jpg

22609500257_90025d5f0b_b.jpg

This is upstairs, which gives you a great view of the place overall.  And this place is something to see!

23014314302_fdef06373d_b.jpg

This was definitely some of the freshest, most delicious, beautifully crafted sushi we've had...

22406636093_55659be6d7_b.jpg

23014318302_d263da8ac3_b.jpg

23014318732_8b0b122943_b.jpg

23038982011_9c24c72f57_b.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We ate here a couple of weeks ago. I'm not generally a huge fan of asian food, but I am now a huge fan of Morimotos! Here are a couple of pics from our meal.   These ribs are fantastic! I ate some tha

Ed just posted this pic. I should have taken my sorry butt with him!  

That place looks a LOT better than PF Changs.     I love me some Peking Duck!  But I rarely get to enjoy it anymore.  I guess it's true what they say....you Dim Sum, you lose sum.  

• 2 weeks later...

I got myself a dinner reservation there for Feb 1st. I absolutely love sushi and it was high on my list of things to do while at Disney, get sushi!

mo can point you in the direction of all the best sushi places. I'm pretty sure her mercury levels are still recovering lol.

mo can point you in the direction of all the best sushi places. I'm pretty sure her mercury levels are still recovering lol.

Hah! You betcha.  :)

Aside from Morimoto, here are my 2 cents on where I rank other sushi on property...

Very best on property, possibly EVAH = California Grill (Contemporary)

I haven't posted my pics from November yet but it was amazing as usual and we went twice.  8)

One night we were able to get a walk-up at the sushi bar itself (we had an ADR for the other).

Consistently good with very few exceptions - although not a ton of variety = Kona Cafe (Poly)

This has become our traditional first night dinner and I think we ended up there 3 times this past trip. Bonus - the sushi bar area itself is first come, first served, no ADRs required.

Much better than expected but again, not a ton of variety = Teppan Edo (Epcot)

True sushi bar with pretty wide menu, cool atmosphere and solidly good = Kimonos (Swan)

We walked right in at 5pm one night.

We haven't been to Puck's at Disney Springs in quite a few years.  When we did go regularly the sushi was solidly good, but not too varied.  We stopped going when the service hit the wall.  I've heard better things in recent years but haven't been back yet.

We haven't tried "bowling sushi" at Splitsville (Disney Springs) yet.  8)

Morimoto is great. We ate there twice without reservations. For lunch we basically stayed with small plates and ordered off the menu. We had the Tuna Pizza, Kakuni Pork Bao, Spicy Salmon roll and vegetable roll. The dinner/late night meal we went to the Sushi Bar. I stuck mostly to my typical Sashimi and Nigiri Sushi. Rene stayed with her preferences for Maki and Nigiri Sushi. All of it was fresh and presented nicely. Surprisingly, to me anyway, were the prices weren't any different than what I pay around here for similar serving sizes. There was also a somewhat larger fish selection than what you see on the menu which I suspect this is more of a market availability thing.

One thing I will say about the Pork Bao is I prefer it much more than the Pork Belly Sushi at the California Grill. While the CG sushi is very good Morimoto  has a much better balance between meat and fat (CG being fattier). Even our server at the CG thought they would be better if they had a higher meat to fat ratio.  

Surprisingly, to me anyway, were the prices weren't any different than what I pay around here for similar serving sizes.

We said the same thing!

One thing I will say about the Pork Bao is I prefer it much more than the Pork Belly Sushi at the California Grill. While the CG sushi is very good Morimoto  has a much better balance between meat and fat (CG being fattier). Even our server at the CG thought they would be better if they had a higher meat to fat ratio.  

Good to know as we'll definitely be back to try more of the Morimoto menu next trip.  :)

Thanks for all the feedback! We are quite the pair of sushi snobs. ;)  We have to be quite picky around here since Wi is a land locked state but thankfully we are within 2 hours of Chicago so we get some decent seafood in depending on where you go. He used to live in Japan for awhile so he's very sensitive to the quality of fish and since dating him so have I. Most of the places locally I can only touch rolls now instead of nigiri. Teppan was completely booked up for reserved booking when I initially was looking for reservations. Didn't quite care where as long as sushi was on the itinerary.

This thread isn't helping my craving for Sushi. I'm getting so desperate, I was eyeing up sushi at the convenience store. Thankfully fear kicked in :)

Oh my! Don't touch that stuff! It's evil and usually quite gross!

Unless you're talking about a convenience store in Japan! I could live off of those! There was one around the corner from my grandmother's house (Family Mart) and my sister and I would go up there every morning after we woke up!

• 4 weeks later...

In case any of you lucky ducks (pun totally intended) will be in the area on Monday...

A reminder from Iron Chef Morimoto to come by and celebrate Chinese New Year this coming Monday. We are featuring a four course dinner. Menu is posted below.

Call today for reservations 407-939-6686.

12662619_823504037775663_367773071216521

https://www.facebook.com/morimotoasia/photos/pcb.823505717775495/823504037775663/?type=3&theater

• 3 months later...

From WDWMagic...

Morimoto Street Food reopens this weekend with new menu

51 minutes ago in "Morimoto Street Food"

Morimoto Street Food overview

The Town Center will officially open on Sunday May 15, and Morimoto Street Food will reopen with a new menu.

The quick service side of Morimoto Asia had originally opened late last year for the holidays, but then closed due to construction work in the surrounding area.

With construction now wrapping up, and nearly all construction walls down, the waterside quick service will be back open for business.

The walk-up window will serve sushi, donburi rice bowls and bao tacos, plus snacks: such as takoyaki (octopus, nori, okomiyaki sauce), Morimoto sticky ribs, curry rice croquettes, pork egg rolls and taiyaki (snapper-shaped pancake filled with sweet adzuki red been paste). Popping boba tea and an assortment of Asian-influenced beers and beverages complete the line-up.

Covered outdoor seating will be available, complete with views out onto the water of The Springs and the Town Center.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/morimoto-street-food/news/10may2016-morimoto-street-food-reopens-this-weekend-with-new-menu.htm