• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We ate here a couple of weeks ago. I'm not generally a huge fan of asian food, but I am now a huge fan of Morimotos! Here are a couple of pics from our meal.   These ribs are fantastic! I ate some tha

Ed just posted this pic. I should have taken my sorry butt with him!  

That place looks a LOT better than PF Changs.     I love me some Peking Duck!  But I rarely get to enjoy it anymore.  I guess it's true what they say....you Dim Sum, you lose sum.  

Disney Food Blog has now posted their full review - same photos, more info...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/10/05/full-review-dinner-at-morimoto-asia-in-disney-worlds-disney-springs/

A good bit of info...

Morimoto Asia will accept the Disney Dining Plan (participating as a Signature Restaurant requiring 2 Table Service credits), but participating guests should note that this will not begin until November. Morimoto Asia does accept Tables in Wonderland. Guests currently interested in booking a reservation for dinner may do so through OpenTable.com. After November 1st, the standard Disney booking options will be available through the Disney World website or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.

Disney Food Blog has now posted their full review - same photos, more info...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/10/05/full-review-dinner-at-morimoto-asia-in-disney-worlds-disney-springs/

A good bit of info...

It's interesting that reservations are available on Open Table.  It will be even more interesting if, after the restaurant transitions to the Disney Dining reservation site on Nov 1, reservations remain available through Open Table.  This wouldn't be the first Disney Springs restaurant like this.  And what most people don't realize is that there are no cancellation or no show penalties when reserving through Open Table, plus you can accumulate frequent dining points by using them.  

I'm a bit surprised Disney hasn't negotiated exclusivity for their reservation system when contracting with these restaurants.  But perhaps they don't care.  

What is Open Table?  Is it free to use?  How do you accumulate points, and what can they be used for?

What other restaurants located on WDW property use it?

I took a look at the website, but I'm more interested in any information from anyone who has used Open Table.

TCD

I use it quite a bit. It's free to make reservations and use. I haven't used any points but here is a link to the Points FAQ.

https://community.opentable.com/t5/Points/ct-p/Points

Review from WDW News Today...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/10/review-does-morimoto-asia-add-another-great-restaurant-to-the-disney-springs-lineup/

Excerpts...

IMG_6934.jpg?resize=600%2C450

For appetizers, I ordered the spare ribs which were cooked to perfection. The meat fell right off the bone and the sticky sauce had a great flavor to it.

IMG_6939.jpg?resize=600%2C450

The five-spice chicken wings were cooked nicely, but really didn’t deliver much flavor despite the name

IMG_6933.jpg?resize=600%2C450

We also have 5 different “dim sum” dishes, all of which were spectacular. You really can’t go wrong with anything in the “dim sum” portion of the menu.

IMG_6936.jpg?resize=600%2C450

IMG_6940.jpg?resize=450%2C600

For my entree, I had the Peking Duck. This was by far my favorite duck dish I have ever ordered.

IMG_6943.jpg?resize=1200%2C900

It had great a great flavor, but was especially good with the included sweet chili sauce

IMG_6947.jpg?resize=1200%2C900

The “buri-bop” is a unique dish prepared table-side in a bowl heated to a very high temperature. The yellowtail tasted great and mixed well with everything in the dish.

IMG_6948.jpg?resize=1200%2C900

The chicken pad thai is a large portion for $16 and very tasty. From the lowest priced entrees to the highest, there really wasn’t anything we regretted ordering.

IMG_6949.jpg?resize=1200%2C900

The orange chicken had a strong orange taste (probably what is should taste like at more Asian restaurants), but was still very good. Again, just cooked perfectly.

IMG_6952.jpg?resize=450%2C600

If there was one problem we encountered, it was the speed and quality of the sushi kitchen. Our tempura shrimp roll was not served in a timely manner and was not at the temperature it should have been served at. I would go back to try another sushi dish, but I’m not sure this is the restaurant’s strong suit.

Lots more photos and a review here...

http://blogmickey.com/2015/10/morimoto-asia-review/

Some excerpts...

Crab Rangoon ($10) – crab and cream cheese spring roll, apricot sweet chili sauceDisneySprings_09302015-12.jpg
Kakuni Pork Bao ($8) – steamed buns, braised pork belly, lettuce, spicy mayoDisneySprings_09302015-14.jpg
Spider ($12) – tempura soft shell crab, spicy mayo, cucumber, asparagus

DisneySprings_09302015-11.jpg

Duck “Nasi Goreng” ($18) – Indonesian style duck fried rice, shrimp chips, mango papaya slaw, sunny side up eggDisneySprings_09302015-27.jpg

They also had the sushi menu...

morimoto-asia-forbidden-lounge-menu-page

I have a real problem with the picture of the tempura sushi roll.  There is a hand in the photo reaching for a piece of roll.  Does the WDWNT reviewer not know how to use chop sticks??  If you are a food reviewer, shouldn't you know how to use chop sticks?

You have to remember that these bloggers are bloggers because they apparently are not otherwise employable.

The one who recently reviewed the new Pecos Bill menu didn't know the difference between queso and salad dressing.

Also, last time I checked this was America.  We don't need no chopsticks.

Commie.

TCD

You have to remember that these bloggers are bloggers because they apparently are not otherwise employable.

The one who recently reviewed the new Pecos Bill menu didn't know the difference between queso and salad dressing.

Also, last time I checked this was America.  We don't need no chopsticks.

Commie.

TCD

Handling sticky rice with bare hands, especially bare hands that have been touching door knobs, tables and chairs in a Disney restaurant filled with unwashed masses from Lord knows where, is a disgusting proposition.  If you can't handle chop sticks, at least use a stinkin fork.  

From FB...

Exciting News! Starting this Wednesday October 14th, we will open for lunch.

The restaurant will open at 11:00 a.m. Reservations are now being accepted via Open Table or calling 407-939-MOTO (6686).

12096045_770891483036919_879887851824217

https://www.facebook.com/morimotoasia?fref=nf

• 2 months later...

From Morimoto Asia's FB page...

Page Liked · 2 hrs

Today at 5:00 p.m. we are opening our Street Food window. The new extension of Morimoto Asia makes it possible for on-the-go guests to choose from a cross-section of popular menu items reflecting the range of flavors Chef Morimoto has created from across the Asian continent.

Please check out the menu and stop by this weekend! The Street Food window will be open daily from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

1013344_799075363551864_5341463754560069

We ate here a couple of weeks ago. I'm not generally a huge fan of asian food, but I am now a huge fan of Morimotos! Here are a couple of pics from our meal.

These ribs are fantastic! I ate some that we had leftover the next day cold and they were still tremendous! These were $36.00 and well worth it! You can order them as an app and get 3 for $14

12239945_10206749464070105_4170243827934

These crab rangoons have no resemblance to any I've had at a chinese restaurant. OMIGOSH, They were soooo delicious. When they say crab and cream cheese, they mean sweet, succulent fresh crab with a barely noticeable amount of cream cheese to hold them together and the apricot sauce goes perfectly. I want some more now just writing about them. They were $10.00 and well worth it to me.

12294754_10206749464750122_6641886134228

The Kakuni Pork Bao was amazing. I know pork belly is the buzz word around right now and most the time leaves me not overly impressed. This pork belly is the best I have every put in my mouth. Awesome deal for $8

12250185_10206749465070130_7300002420118

I was not impressed with the lunch bento box special. Not bad, just not wow! I could go back and eat rangoons, ribs and pork baos until I pop and that's probably what I will do!