• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From Disney Wiki:   Slue-Foot Sue is a beautiful redhead in braids from another part of her world. She is a thrill-seeking daredevil with no fear or shame for anything. In the end, she was self-shot t

Reports on the new menu and topping bar are starting to show up in the Twitterverse:   Pecos fixins bar now includes plenty of salsa, peppers, guacamole, sour cream, onions, and more. pic.twitter.com/

Well, we don't have to wait to see the new Pecos Bill menu.  It's up on Disney's site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/pecos-bill-tall-tale-inn-and-cafe/menus/lunch/     And it

Not to be a stickler about theming....but shouldn't Pecos Bill serve BBQ, and Tortuga Tavern serve Mexican (or perhaps something generally Carribean/Islandy)?  

They're calling the Pecos Bill menu  Tex/Mex.  Since Bill was from Texas, they're covered.  Also, Slue Foot Sue allegedly rode a catfish down the Rio Grande.  So there's that too.

Barbecue seems like something pirates would eat.  Especially something like jerk chicken.  So the theming of Tortuga Tavern works for that too.

TCD

Not to be a stickler about theming....but shouldn't Pecos Bill serve BBQ, and Tortuga Tavern serve Mexican (or perhaps something generally Carribean/Islandy)?  

BBQ would be closer to the Caribbean than Mexico. The term barbecue and the cooking style is derived from the Caribbean barbacoa. 

I could have sworn that picture was of salsa when i saw it on Twitter.  It didn't say chili.  I think your right people would definitely make their own free chili bowl.

Hmm... that's the only place I've seen it called chili so far.  Looks like salsa in other photos.  That makes more sense.

If anyone wonders why they changed the format to Tex Mex....this should give you your answer:

http://ir.chipotle.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=194775&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2069647

The Mouse sees everything through green-tinted glasses.  

Chipotle is popping up all over the place up here.  There is always a line out the door. 

An interesting comment regarding the future of Tortuga Tavern was just posted by Disney on the Parks Blog:

dpb%20comment_zpsuwfwcvwc.jpg

Tortuga Tavern is going to serve barbecue.

A-ha!  Good catch.  I do like that there will be one more, different option.  Question will be... does this mean it'll actually be open outside of peak times?

With the pads on top and the last shot showing the pepper decoration I suspect any heating element is turned off. Not to mention if it were chili health codes would require that the temperature be maintained which a bowl sitting on a plate would not meet. I think it's red salsa.

With the pads on top and the last shot showing the pepper decoration I suspect any heating element is turned off. Not to mention if it were chili health codes would require that the temperature be maintained which a bowl sitting on a plate would not meet. I think it's red salsa.

Good point.

Interesting.

Are there Allergy Friendly menus like this for the other quick serve restaurants?

I wonder if the Tex-Mex items make it easier to offer more allergy friendly options?

TCD

They do have them and they aren't too popular with the food allergy community. It's helpful to be able to pick out something quicker but a lot of items on menus could be made allergy friendly if they would tweak something to it. But I think they are just trying to speed up the process of ordering.

They do have them and they aren't too popular with the food allergy community. It's helpful to be able to pick out something quicker but a lot of items on menus could be made allergy friendly if they would tweak something to it. But I think they are just trying to speed up the process of ordering.

Are there more allergy friendly items at Pecos Bill, or is the new menu about as allergy friendly as the other quick serves?  It seems like the old menu had a lot of sandwiches, which wouldn't be good for gluten free diets.  It looks like many of the entrées on the new menu are OK for people with allergies.

TCD

I prefer the new menu. Disney QS burgers are pretty gross.

Agreed. Pecos Bill's only hit the spot for us when it was really late (so food options were limited) and if you loaded on the toppings.  But we hadn't been in at least a couple of years. 

Now when it's late and we need a snack we go to Casey's for corn dog nuggets.  :)

You may find this hard to believe but I've never eaten at Pecos Bills or Casey's. I think I've eaten at Cosmic Ray's once.

Ok that does surprise me.

I can see skipping the burgers at Bill's and Ray's but...

No corn dog nuggets?  Not even once?  Not even when you were young and foolish and didn't think about what's lurking in those things? :wacko:

If that new menu isn't getting you in the door, how about this?

Country Bears jug is $10 at Pecos Bill's

12111932_10153618707029330_2743846207861

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine/photos/a.74177884329.72281.8093464329/10153618707029330/?type=3&theater

You may find this hard to believe but I've never eaten at Pecos Bills or Casey's. I think I've eaten at Cosmic Ray's once.

Ok that does surprise me.

I can see skipping the burgers at Bill's and Ray's but...

No corn dog nuggets?  Not even once?  Not even when you were young and foolish and didn't think about what's lurking in those things? :wacko:

We've never eaten at any of the restaurants in WDW's MK. We used to go to the Blue Bayou whenever we went to Disneyland (about once a year) but with the MK we've always left around lunchtime and eaten offsite. On the other hand we've eaten and imbibed at many of the World Showcase restaurants in Epcot.  

Orlando Attractions Magazine

Page Liked · 1 hr ·

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine/photos/a.74177884329.72281.8093464329/10153618707029330/?type=3&theater

They have those at a stand across from Country Bear.

Orlando Attractions Magazine

Page Liked · 1 hr ·

What's in it? LOL!

A review of the new menu has been posted to Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/10/04/review-new-menu-at-pecos-bill-tall-tale-inn-and-cafe-in-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

Some excerpts...

heard chatter about the price of the new menu items being high, but I must say the proportions are really large! To me it seemed the portion sizes are larger than at other quick-service spots.

PecoBill_FajitaPlatter_15-0281-700x466.j

Fajita Platter

The chicken is served mixed with sautéed green peppers and onions and is marinated and well seasoned.

PecoBill_FajitaPlatter_15-0271-700x466.j

Fajita Platter – Beans

PecoBill_Burrito_15-0231-700x466.jpg

Burrito Open

This one is also served with the Cilantro Rice and Black Beans, but they are layered inside the burrito. The burrito isn’t rolled, so you can add as many toppings from the Fixin’s Bar as you want!

PecoBill_Toppings_15-008-700x466.jpg

All Of The Toppings From The Toppings Bar

They give a rundown of exactly what's on the topping bar:

sour cream (packets)

diced onion

queso

banana peppers

shredded cheese

verde sauce

guacamole

salsa

pico de gallo

limes

roasted corn

No chili.  Soooo... folks looking to make a free meal in a cup are out of luck.  8)