I've seen people leave three washers full of laundry for as long as two hours at the Fort.  Very frustrating for the rest of us.  I'm never sure about removing their stuff from the washers or dryers in case it offends them.  Some folks can be very rude!

When I'm at the Fort I know how long each machine is but I would love to get a text when my machine finished.

I thought the Fort had an app telling the status of the washers and dryers? I wonder if you put a post-it note on the machine with your number if people would text you before moving your stuff out?

That's a really good idea - I'd be willing to do that.  Then I wouldn't feel like I'm going to offend someone if I move their stuff.  I'd have given them a text.  

When I do laundry at campgrounds I ALWAYS set a timer. I ALWAYS get back before my laundry is finished. After someone's laundry is finished, they have 10 minutes or its moved out. Set your timer or look at your watch! No excuses.......

I thought the Fort had an app telling the status of the washers and dryers?

You can! Check out this thread...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/14685-new-washers-and-dryers-coming-in-next-couple-months/page-3

I'd say 10-15 minutes is plenty.  I'd expect if I got held up for some reason that someone would move my stuff too.  As long as they're nice about it and don't toss it on the floor, it's all good.  8)

The thing in Bend was a whole computerized system on the wall.  You had to use a credit card (of course I went in with all quarters and had to go back to my camper), you picked your machine there from the empty ones, and you could enter your phone number for the text.  As you can expect, with any system there are still problems. 

1) People still not back to remove their laundry when it's finished. It was mostly older people.  Maybe they don't text.

2) The system went down and I kept checking back to find it still out. Finally, the office opened and I asked them when it was being fixed. They had to reset a modem or something and then it came back.

As someone else said, I always set my timer on my iPhone when I leave. The problem with that is, some of the older machines (like I encountered in VA this summer) don't display times, so I would have to ask someone there if they knew how long it took.

You can! Check out this thread...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/14685-new-washers-and-dryers-coming-in-next-couple-months/page-3

I'd say 10-15 minutes is plenty. I'd expect if I got held up for some reason that someone would move my stuff too. As long as they're nice about it and don't toss it on the floor, it's all good. 8)

Exactly what I was talking about. Your so on it, thanks!

One coin machine each of washer and dryer left at the fort in each laundry area. The rest are credit card with a central controller. By the way, I cruise the laundromat. If you leave and look like you are my size, you may be missing some undies.

One coin machine each of washer and dryer left at the fort in each laundry area. The rest are credit card with a central controller. By the way, I cruise the laundromat. If you leave and look like you are my size, you may be missing some undies.

Ha! That could be interesting.

:lol: