Chicken wire Christmas light balls

Anyone familiar with these? I started seeing them on the interwebs a year or two ago.  Apparently they have been a big thing in Greensboro, NC for years.  

Anyhoo, I thought I would try to make some this year to take to Ft. Wilderness.  And then one night I had an epiphany - add two tiny balls on top for mouse ears. I also made one snowman with mouse ears but haven't put the lights on yet.

Here are a couple of pics.

6D9F8751-BEB9-4601-95C4-4DC0B6AED924.jpg9FD4C9EA-5946-47E4-975E-9BCEEC3AC4C6.jpg

Thanks, guys.  I finished the snowman.  My son says the ears do not look like MM.  Everyone's a critic, I swear. Though I will secretly agree with him that the ones on the balls look better  

I am going to have to find some kind of stake or something as it is a little top heavy.  The balls will just hang from whatever I can find to hang them on.  

51D35170-F73A-4083-A24F-96324E452291.jpg

Anyone familiar with these? I started seeing them on the interwebs a year or two ago.  Apparently they have been a big thing in Greensboro, NC for years.  

Anyhoo, I thought I would try to make some this year to take to Ft. Wilderness.  And then one night I had an epiphany - add two tiny balls on top for mouse ears. I also made one snowman with mouse ears but haven't put the lights on yet.

Here are a couple of pics.

6D9F8751-BEB9-4601-95C4-4DC0B6AED924.jpg9FD4C9EA-5946-47E4-975E-9BCEEC3AC4C6.jpg

I live within 25 miles of Greensboro and have never seen or heard of these.