• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ingredients 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup white wine vinegar 1 tabl

Steve got one from a friend. I will get it from him and PM it to you. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We went to Disney springs the other night and I will say, I was very impressed what Disney pulled off. I guess with  adding the parking garages, it opened up so much more space to build. They thought

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a short post to report that the TCD gang gave the new Blaze Pizza location in Disney Springs a try.

The store where TCD Twin #2 works at Disney Springs is near the Blaze Pizza, and they have a dedicated take-out window for CM's, and offer them a 15% discount, so she has already partaken.

But this was her first time going inside like a regular customer.

The menu and prices are simple and straightforward:

9%2010%2016%20088_zpsthbabn6n.jpg

It's a slick operation.  They prepare the dough in those machines you see there behind the counter.  Then you go down the line and tell the CM what toppings you would like on your pizza, and they build it there right in front of you.  Then you pay, and your pizza is ready in three minutes.  This is what I created:

9%2010%2016%20089_zpsmzgn6b6e.jpg

This is the indoor seating area:

9%2010%2016%20090_zpsruoe39p7.jpg

Like everything at Disney Springs, the food here is expensive, but good quality.  I really liked the pizza.  The prices are in line with what you're going to pay for pizza anywhere on Disney property, but you are getting a fresh, hand-made pizza made exactly how you like it. 

I say give it a try.

TCD

We have one of these near us.  It is very close to where husband works.  I can order the pizza on line, he goes in and pays and they fire it up.  They are $7.95 for the make your own/signature ones.  So the price increase isn't too steep for Disney.

29 minutes ago, keith_h said:

They are building one of those Blaze Pizza parlors near the new theatre going up in our town. I was curious about how they did things. We will have to give it a try as the pizza in the photo looks pretty good.

Blaze is one of several pizza places (Pie Five and Pieology are others) that have tried to replicate the Chipotle concept to pizza....where they create your meal in front of you at the counter from fresh ingredients.  Blaze is pretty good.  There are some that don't taste much better than Chef Boyardee.  Ironically, Chipotle themselves didn't think to do this concept until others were successful at it.  They've since started a chain called Pizzeria Locale.  I have no idea if they are any good, nor whether their pizzas include E Coli at no extra charge.  

17 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Blaze is one of several pizza places (Pie Five and Pieology are others) that have tried to replicate the Chipotle concept to pizza....where they create your meal in front of you at the counter from fresh ingredients.  Blaze is pretty good.  There are some that don't taste much better than Chef Boyardee.  Ironically, Chipotle themselves didn't think to do this concept until others were successful at it.  They've since started a chain called Pizzeria Locale.  I have no idea if they are any good, nor whether their pizzas include E Coli at no extra charge.  

LOL.

I'm surprised that none of these pizza concepts have made it to the Tampa Bay area.  There are two Blaze pizza locations in Tallahassee and one in Gainesville, but the closest one to me is in Sarasota.  I don't think we have any of the others you mentioned around us either.

That's strange, because it seems like every new concept finds its way here before it catches on.

TCD

• 5 months later...

The Tampa Bay Times restaurant critic, who is usually very critical, reviewed four Disney Springs restaurants: the New Planet Hollywood Observatory, Morimoto Asia, STK and Art Smith's Homecoming.  And she liked them all:

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/food/dining/restaurant-reviews-morimoto-asia-stk-planet-hollywood-and-more-create-an/2312871

She also wrote a paragraph about the new gelato place.

Based on this lady's other reviews and history with the paper, she is old-school, and prides herself on being unbiased and ethical, so I don't think this is one of those deals where she was paid-off to write good reviews.

TCD

We tried Homecoming and it has become one of my wife's favorites.  The only thing we had there that we didn't care for was the hummingbird cake.  We both thought it was too dense.  It looks like it should be light and airy, but nope more like a brick.

We have also tried Planet Hollywood and the burger I had was probably the worst I have had in quite a while.  It was so overdone it was completely dried out.  All the fixings for the burger including Mac and Cheese and bacon were good and I enjoyed the fries.  We both had Mojitos and they were excellent.  

We have had some sushi appetizers at Morimotos that were good, but we thought the restaurant was overpriced.