Pictures of the insides of the remodeled Cabins

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, I like everything they did.   But, one small critique- I don't like the fabric on the couch.  It's doesn't fit the wilderness theme.   Also, it looks like they ditched the coffee table, and t

Went by some cabins today and they were gutting the insides. We kind of snuck up and were interrupted just after I snapped this picture so I don't have anymore. They were working on two at one time.

Currently staying in the cabins, 2500 loop.  Not impressed with the remodel.  We have stayed in the cabins numerous times and have always been happy, but not this time. The new refrigerator has a

Josh at EasyWDW posted a review of a refurbished cabin which is loaded with photos and his typical witty commentary:

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-refurbished-cabin-review/

I always knew the cabins were an expensive option, but he makes some interesting comparisons to the cost of cabins versus other WDW resort options.

It's a good read.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Josh at EasyWDW posted a review of a refurbished cabin which is loaded with photos and his typical witty commentary:

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-refurbished-cabin-review/

I always knew the cabins were an expensive option, but he makes some interesting comparisons to the cost of cabins versus other WDW resort options.

It's a good read.

TCD

Nice - thanks for sharing that!  :)

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:23 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's a good read.

TCD

OOOO :unsure:  ...  ," I do ask for your forgiveness as it appears that the new intern in the website’s “Arrows Department” grossly mislabeled this diagram in the recent Trail’s End brunch review. While the website went Full Kylo Ren and this particular employee “no longer enjoys the faculties necessary to label any future diagrams,” his or her life was spared" ........ :angry: humpf, how dare he :(  .....:lol:    Guess he reads the fiends!  ;)

I couldn't read, even with the larger pic, the info on the front of the microwave/oven.  Was that info there in the cabin you rented for the girls TCD?

9 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I couldn't read, even with the larger pic, the info on the front of the microwave/oven.  Was that info there in the cabin you rented for the girls TCD?

No, our cabin did not have any instruction sticker on the oven:

5%2028%2016%20091_zpsljc8wwkx.jpg

There was a little tent next to the cooktop that warned not to use the metal racks in the microwave, but that was the extent of any instructions provided.

TCD

15 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

OOOO :unsure:  ...  ," I do ask for your forgiveness as it appears that the new intern in the website’s “Arrows Department” grossly mislabeled this diagram in the recent Trail’s End brunch review. While the website went Full Kylo Ren and this particular employee “no longer enjoys the faculties necessary to label any future diagrams,” his or her life was spared" ........ :angry: humpf, how dare he :(  .....:lol:    Guess he reads the fiends!  ;)

Were the instructions in Spanish also?

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There was a little tent next to the cooktop that warned not to use the metal racks in the microwave, but that was the extent of any instructions provided.

TCD

All the cabins should have the info about the oven. 

For anyone interested, here's a screen grab I did of Josh's photo of the instruction sticker that apparently is supposed to be on the new cabin ovens:

oven%20instructions_zpsanmiopfg.jpg

Note that the bottom line mentions a reference guide.  There was no reference guide in my cabin.

The little cardboard tent I mentioned can be seen behind the coffee basket in this photo:

5%2028%2016%20087_zpsslwd8oeq.jpg

Here's a zoom on it- like I said it was mainly just a warning not to use the metal racks while microwaving, but no instructions on how to use the convection oven:

oven%20tips_zpsri4nam36.jpg

The reverse side of that had the same instructions in Spanish.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I guess they figure most folks know how to use a microwave by now. :lol:

3 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

But these are also convection ovens and not everyone is familiar with that type of oven.  We have a big one at church , that was donated to us, so I know how to run that one.  Do not know how different a small one would be to use.

Exactly.

I've never used a convection oven, and don't know anything about them.

There are two metal racks stored below that obviously fit in the oven, and apparently bad things happen if you use them in the microwave mode.  My microwave at home has a metal rack in it, and I wouldn't automatically think that it would be bad to use one of the provided racks in the microwave.

TCD

MOST  full size convection ovens are nothing more than a regular oven with a fan in it to circulate the hot air and make things cook faster.  Our range at home has a button you can push called speed bake which turns the fan on. Some recipes now include the baking time for convection ovens.  It's usually

Now some of the high end microwave/convection oven combos can have both features running at the same time.  I'm not that familiar with how they work, and not all combos can do that

Here's a quick explanation

General Convection Oven Recipe Conversion Guidelines

There are three commonly accepted methods of converting recipes from conventional oven baking to convection oven baking. 

1. Bake at the same conventional oven temperature but for a shorter period of time.
  2. Bake for the same length of time as you would using a conventional oven but reduce the temperature by 25 degrees.
  3. Bake for a slightly shorter period of time and a reduced temperature.  This tends to be the most successful method for most ovens.

When Should Convection Cooking Be Used Rather Than Conventional Cooking

Foods cooked in a convection oven cook about 25% - 30% faster than a conventional oven as the hot air is forced around the food.  Foods tend to have less moisture loss and fewer nutrients are destroyed in the cooking process.

One of the most important factors when determining which cooking method is most appropriate for your food is the type of dish or pan you are cooking in.   If the cooking container blocks the flow of air around the food then there is no use in using convection cooking. 

Convection Cooking Is Good For

• Cookie sheets
  • Shallow pans

Convential Cooking Is Good For

• Covered casseroles, pans or dishes
  • Deep roasting pans

• 2 weeks later...

Currently staying in the cabins, 2500 loop.  Not impressed with the remodel.  We have stayed in the cabins numerous times and have always been happy, but not this time.

The new refrigerator has a dent in the freezer door.  It is impossible to cook on the small stove and we miss the oven.  We also have minimal utensils for cooking.

There were only 4 bath towels and the commode leaks.  We went and complained.  They did bring things to cook with but the commode still leaks and we still do not have enough towels.  Also, the tv is huge for the small area!

I question the design team who created the fabric coverings of the new furniture.  We miss the murphy bed and the table and chairs for the kids.  Disney should have spent the money to fix the small things that were wrong with the cabins not completely remodel them. :angry:

26 minutes ago, pama0721 said:

Currently staying in the cabins, 2500 loop.  Not impressed with the remodel.  We have stayed in the cabins numerous times and have always been happy, but not this time.

The new refrigerator has a dent in the freezer door.  It is impossible to cook on the small stove and we miss the oven.  We also have minimal utensils for cooking.

There were only 4 bath towels and the commode leaks.  We went and complained.  They did bring things to cook with but the commode still leaks and we still do not have enough towels.  Also, the tv is huge for the small area!

I question the design team who created the fabric coverings of the new furniture.  We miss the murphy bed and the table and chairs for the kids.  Disney should have spent the money to fix the small things that were wrong with the cabins not completely remodel them. :angry:

Great post.

The person who designed the new cabin interiors clearly is not a camper, and probably doesn't travel with children.

I agree with all you say- especially about the fabric choices for the furniture.  It's all going to look like heck in just a couple of years.

For the price you're paying, you should not have to put up with a leaky toilet.  They need to move you to a new cabin and knock some $$$ off of your account.  I'd go to the Reception Outpost and ask to speak to the manager.  Ask him or her to come and look at the toilet and tell you if it's fair for you to be paying full price for that?

TCD

Sorry you were disappointed in what you found in the cabins this time, but thanks for sharing your experience.

I agree with TCD that they really should make this right for you and things like leaky toilets (in a NEWLY REMODELED cabin??) are definitely not OK.

I hope you're still having fun and WELCOME to Fort Fiends!  :)

Pama0721,

Thanks for the post and welcome! I'm debating going a trailer / RV route or the cabins next time we stay. I've never done the RV thing before but if the cabins aren't friendly (or should I say "fiendly"?) for a family of six anymore that may seal the deal. It was a bit tight but we could at least cook for six in the old kitchen. 

Tai-Circle-D, 

I think you are absolutely right!

There is not a restraining order against me... Or at least not one I know about. I think that's proof Josh doesn't know about Fort Fiends.

Interesting fact... There are only 2 restaurants on property that he hasn't eaten at, and one is at the Fort. Should I invite him? Ha ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

There is not a restraining order against me... Or at least not one I know about. I think that's proof Josh doesn't know about Fort Fiends.

LOL!!!

9 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Interesting fact... There are only 2 restaurants on property that he hasn't eaten at, and one is at the Fort. Should I invite him? Ha ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You totally should!  :)

I have no idea how legit this is, but apparently back in April someone put up a quick website to sell these...

http://www.fortwildernesscabins.com/own-piece-disney-fort-wilderness-cabins-sale

Are you looking to own a great log cabin from Disney? Perhaps you need something to put on your land. Fort Wilderness Cabins for sale are the best thing you can own. We can deliver nationwide. Contact us Today to own a piece of Disney Fort Wilderness Cabins. Fort Wilderness Cabins for sale!

I filled out the form to see if they'd reply.  They did! They said they have very few left, they're $18k each and will be available for delivery later this month. Get your orders in!

just got back from 3 nights (Tues - Fri) at the cabins ... thanks to the fiends, we knew of the changes in the cabins. (especially the kitchen) I grabbed a couple of things at Publix, thinking I'd just use the convection oven because I have one at home & surely they couldn't be that different. 

our hot & spicy wings from the Publix deli cooked on our GRILL were delicious. I was too overwhelmed by the directions on the microwave/oven to try. LOLOLOL

On July 9, 2016 at 2:23 PM, CeciliaKy said:

just got back from 3 nights (Tues - Fri) at the cabins ... thanks to the fiends, we knew of the changes in the cabins. (especially the kitchen) I grabbed a couple of things at Publix, thinking I'd just use the convection oven because I have one at home & surely they couldn't be that different. 

our hot & spicy wings from the Publix deli cooked on our GRILL were delicious. I was too overwhelmed by the directions on the microwave/oven to try. LOLOLOL

I also have a convection oven and the one in the Cabins was terrible.  Tried to bake cinnamon rolls and after 18 minutes they were still raw!  Don't think we will be back anytime in the future.

14 hours ago, pama0721 said:

I also have a convection oven and the one in the Cabins was terrible.  Tried to bake cinnamon rolls and after 18 minutes they were still raw!  Don't think we will be back anytime in the future.

I don't think it will keep us from going back ... but I did find it hysterical that I had more confidence cooking on the public park style grill ;)