Folding chairs are on the official no-no list:

Q.

What types of personal items are not permitted inside the theme parks?

A.

You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:

• You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:
    • Wagons
    • Skateboards
    • Scooters
    • Inline skates
    • Shoes with built-in wheels
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
    • Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
    • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets (unless they are service animals)
  • Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals
  • Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack
  • Selfie sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices)

Additional items may also not be permitted inside the theme parks. Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

TCD

If she wants to walk but has to set often get her a walker with a built-in seat. Otherwise just get her a ecv. Dot get a wheelchair nobody wants to push.

Good idea.  I was going to say get a wheelchair, but you're right -no one wants to push one all day.

Kind of looks like a folding chair to me.

But who knows?

I just remembered I had this photo- check out the lady there next to the palm tree.  That looks like a folding chair, doesn't it?:

6%2013%2015%20009_zpsx4r81gzk.jpg

That was during one of the Star Wars Weekends this year.  And note that she's not hiding her chair in any way.  Several CM's walked past her, and no one said a thing.

TCD

We've had one that is similar, only canvas, on the back of Linda's ECV and have never been told no.

Can you imagine if they allowed collapsible chairs? It's tough enough to maneuver down the sidewalks of Main Street before a parade. They would have to open that alternative off stage. Plus, you know some unscrupulous type would find a way to take advantage.

If the person is used to walking with a cane the cane/seat would be a good option. But could also be a pain on rides or attractions. Wheelchair doesn't have to be ridden in all the time and can be used like a walker, also easier to leave someplace if it's not needed. A walker with a seat is another option and they also make them that can be pushed with someone in the seat. All are good options depending on what the needs and what the person is used to.

If the person is used to walking with a cane the cane/seat would be a good option. But could also be a pain on rides or attractions. Wheelchair doesn't have to be ridden in all the time and can be used like a walker, also easier to leave someplace if it's not needed. A walker with a seat is another option and they also make them that can be pushed with someone in the seat. All are good options depending on what the needs and what the person is used to.

good point on pushing the wheel chair empty I never thought of that.

Good idea. I was going to say get a wheelchair, but you're right -no one wants to push one all day.

Kind of looks like a folding chair to me.

But who knows?

I just remembered I had this photo- check out the lady there next to the palm tree. That looks like a folding chair, doesn't it?:

6%2013%2015%20009_zpsx4r81gzk.jpg

That was during one of the Star Wars Weekends this year. And note that she's not hiding her chair in any way. Several CM's walked past her, and no one said a thing.

TCD

What?

Disney picking which rules they want to enforce!

I don't believe it!

We got a 4-wheel walker from Wally World and I know Costco has them too.  WW one was about $90 and Costco needs to be ordered.  They use to have them in their stores but last time I checked, it was available on-line.  They were around $100. 

DH and I are heading to F&W today and I plan to take mine.  What is good about it, besides being able to sit, is the basket under the seat where all kinds of stuff can be stored. 

Yes the security will need to look in that.

Folded, it's kind of a somewhat-wider-than-usual cane/walking stick...

1juvo-travel-seat-cane.jpg

Who knows what they will and won't allow at any given gate or any given moment.

But, what would you do with that if you go on a ride?

Would they store it with the electric scooters/wheelchairs?

I think the 4 wheeled walker with seat would be the best option personally.

It has more options like the basket, and would probably be easier to get around with than carrying that oversized cane.  I imagine that would get tiresome pretty quick for someone that would actually have a need for it.

We bought a like new 4 wheel walker from Goodwill for my mom, it was $25.

But she refused to use it.  Kept using her old one with 2 wheels on the front and the tennis ball legs on the back and no seat.

We ended up reselling it about 6 months later for $50 after I got tired of arguing with her about trying to use it.

Depends on the ride.  They're probably not going to let you take it on any of the mountains, but things like Haunted Mansion and PeopleMover shouldn't be a huge deal.  I see people walking with regular canes and even big umbrellas - presumably they either don't ride everything or manage somehow.

Can you imagine if they allowed collapsible chairs? It's tough enough to maneuver down the sidewalks of Main Street before a parade. They would have to open that alternative off stage. Plus, you know some unscrupulous type would find a way to take advantage.

That's what I was thinking....

Just don't leave your drink on the seat!  B)

:rofl2:  BRAT :rofl2:   I had forgotten about that, old age has it's advantages ^_^

Another good thing about the 4-wheeler is walking from the parking lot is a whole lot easier.  That day the tram wasn't in sight and there were too many pushy people for me to deal with, so we walked!  Got to the guards just as the tram was un-loading.  Did use the tram to get back to car.

Who knows what they will and won't allow at any given gate or any given moment.

Would they store it with the electric scooters/wheelchairs?

I think the 4 wheeled walker with seat would be the best option personally.

It has more options like the basket, and would probably be easier to get around with than carrying that oversized cane.  I imagine that would get tiresome pretty quick for someone that would actually have a need for it.

We bought a like new 4 wheel walker from Goodwill for my mom, it was $25.

But she refused to use it.  Kept using her old one with 2 wheels on the front and the tennis ball legs on the back and no seat.

We ended up reselling it about 6 months later for $50 after I got tired of arguing with her about trying to use it.

Good deal Travis.  Too bad your Mom didn't like it.  We had a similar problem. 

DH's aunt lived with us for a few years and used the old style walker.  One Christmas Santa gave her a 4-wheeler, she walked it from the living room to the kitchen and declared "Take it back.  It's too fast for me!"   :rolleyes:

Well!  It did not 'go back' and was lent out to several people over the years and I used it when getting over my first vertigo attack.  It just plain let me walk at an almost normal pace.  

That one is now at MIL's but of course she won't use it, but the BIL does.  Mine is from Wally-World, the first was Costco.  I like Costco's better.