I was there for Halloween 2015 and I have to ask...does anyone know where to buy the light kits that were projecting red/green/purple lights up into the trees and on the sides of motorbikes/campers? They looked like stars! We frequent the campground and I think these were just the most awesome thing and would be very awesome to have for Christmas as well!

I saw them mostly in the 400/300/100 loops.

Any advice on what they are/where to purchase/cost would be terrific!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We haven't done much looping yet but saw these tonight in the 500 loop. If any other Fiends on the Scene get a chance to snag some pics, please feel free to share here. :) Sent from my SM-N

Awesome!! Can't wait to get there!!

This fabulous display popped up near us on 300 yesterday. I put I quick video clip on the Fortfiends.net Facebook page. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Star-Shower-Laser-Light-Projector-As-Seen-on-TV-9400-6/206109339

And a review....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OFegY8KLPY

Personally, after watching the review on the $39.99 product, I wouldn't buy it for half that price.

A couple of reviews I read made it seem like there was a quality control issue. One person bought 2, and the one was about twice as bright as the other one that he returned.

Most of the other reviews were pretty good.

It seems like no matter what brand you look at the reviews go all over the place. Lots of people go crazy over the Bliss lights (pretty expensive) and others condemn them.

Thanks to everyone that liked the tombstones, hopefully we will be there next year with even more (ran out of time this year). <br /><br />Someone was selling the lights in the 500 loop. They are very cool looking I haven't seen any of the less expensive ones working, the ones the were selling were 75.00 each and looked like it might take a few to get a good spread. <br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Thanks to everyone that liked the tombstones, hopefully we will be there next year with even more (ran out of time this year). <br /><br />Someone was selling the lights in the 500 loop. They are very cool looking I haven't seen any of the less expensive ones working, the ones the were selling were 75.00 each and looked like it might take a few to get a good spread. <br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Wow, I saw them selling them but didn't stop to see how much. That's pretty spendy!

• 2 months later...

Well since this got revived, I might as well add this.

I had purchased the Star Shower projector to use outside at Christmas.  It worked ok, wasn't spectacular, but we do have a street light in front of our house so I figured that was why the dots weren't that bright.  Person up the street had a darker yard and his looked better, but he also had about 10 of them all over the house and yard.

Well I was reading Instructables and one of the contributors made his own Star Shower using these... Mini Mixed Red&Green Stage Lighting Projector Spotlight Sound/ Music Active DJ Equipment for Disco Lights Club Party

Sold by: shenzhenxks
$15.07 from Amazon

then mounted them inside of Dollar Tree shoe boxes, and used the bracket and some wood to make a stake for the yard.  I got 2 of them, and they worked fantastic.  They were a lot brighter, had red and green, and you could adjust the patterns and speed of the dots.  And supposedly you can input audio to make them move to music.  They do say to keep the run time below 2 hours, then allow them to cool for an hour before starting up again.  I used them for 5 hour stretches here in FL with 70 degree temps at night and didn't have any problems.

Day after I set them up, the Star Shower went back to Bed Bath and Beyond!

Amazon has various versions of these for about the same price.
30 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Well since this got revived, I might as well add this.

I had purchased the Star Shower projector to use outside at Christmas.  It worked ok, wasn't spectacular, but we do have a street light in front of our house so I figured that was why the dots weren't that bright.  Person up the street had a darker yard and his looked better, but he also had about 10 of them all over the house and yard.

Well I was reading Instructables and one of the contributors made his own Star Shower using these... Mini Mixed Red&Green Stage Lighting Projector Spotlight Sound/ Music Active DJ Equipment for Disco Lights Club Party

Sold by: shenzhenxks
$15.07 from Amazon

then mounted them inside of Dollar Tree shoe boxes, and used the bracket and some wood to make a stake for the yard.  I got 2 of them, and they worked fantastic.  They were a lot brighter, had red and green, and you could adjust the patterns and speed of the dots.  And supposedly you can input audio to make them move to music.  They do say to keep the run time below 2 hours, then allow them to cool for an hour before starting up again.  I used them for 5 hour stretches here in FL with 70 degree temps at night and didn't have any problems.

Day after I set them up, the Star Shower went back to Bed Bath and Beyond!

Amazon has various versions of these for about the same price.

Thanks for this... very helpful!

When I went to Dollar Tree, they didn't have the shoe boxes so I bought some sort of food storage containers.  They worked, but I had to tape the lids on.  After Christmas I found a couple of sturdy containers at Goodwill, and I moved the projectors into those.

Here's the instructables link  http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-DIY-Christmas-Laser-Light-Show-16/.  I bought 2 and both of them worked, the builder said he got 2 bad ones when he purchased 4.  But at $15 each, they are way cheaper than Bliss lights even if you get a couple duds, and Amazon is usually really good replacing defective items. And take all the reviews with a grain of salt, some people complain about everything.

Ours came with warnings to not use them in or around airports or where aircraft could be hit by the projections.  Also not to look into the lights.  We tried to use one at the front of our setup, but the ground was so hard the plastic stake broke.  I like the effect.  Ours were steady lights, but I believe i saw some either strobing or floating near us.

2 hours ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Ours came with warnings to not use them in or around airports or where aircraft could be hit by the projections.  Also not to look into the lights.  We tried to use one at the front of our setup, but the ground was so hard the plastic stake broke.  I like the effect.  Ours were steady lights, but I believe i saw some either strobing or floating near us.

The Star Shower had steady lights.  These ones have moving dots.  Now these should not be outside unless they are protected, that's why they go inside a plastic box.  I cut holes in the bottom at the rear for ventilation, and also in case the box leaked.

I was really impressed on how well these worked for the price.

I take a hammer and break up the had ground first.