Hello... 1st post! I stayed at the fort many times as a child in the early 80's. My wife and 2 boys have been to Disney several times over the past years and stayed in the hotel resorts. We never pulled the camper down because we always said it was too much trouble. Well this year is diffrent.... We are towing the fifth wheel to the fort the week before Thanksgiving and through some info provided from a friend we have requested loop 600. The fifth wheel is 40' and my tow is a 2013 F250... We plan to stay for a week so I wanted a nice large camp site with plenty of privacy. We normally dont use the bath houses as we have plenty of room. Any recomendations in loop 600 for a site.

Thanks .... I have recieved a ton of info from the site...

Tri Circle - just going off a freinds recomendation. I am open to any suggestions... I would like to be semi close to boat transportation to the parks. I really dont care about sun vs shade... Its November in the South and I have plenty of AC. I just dont want to be crammed into a small spot where I dont have room to spread out. We do have a premium reservation.. You guys are definatley the experts so just looking for a little guidance!

If you want to be close to the marina, and have space, I'd say you'd have more space and privacy on 700.  The higher site numbers are closer to the marina.

400 is a nice loop, too.

But, if you really want some space to spread out, you may want to consider 1100 or 1200.  There's a bus stop at the entrance to those loops, and it's about equidistant from the marina (transportation to the MK) and the Outpost (transportation to all other WDW areas).

I don't think 600 is what you're looking for, but I'm not sure what you said to your friend that made him recommend it.

TCD

Have you checked out the Fort Fiends app yet? It gives you the length, width, and photo of each site, as well as location of hookups and difficulty of back up.

There seem to always be a lot of larger rvs and trailers in 600, but I would not consider any of the 600 sites as private really.

We personally enjoy 500, 700, and 900.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

600 and 700 share a problem that is unique to them, they are not "loops" per se, they run parallel to the road, so half of the sites have the main road behind them and the loop road in the front. That does not lend to private sites. Both have some reasonably private sites, but I don't think it's a good percentage. The only thing that you've shared that makes 600 (and 700, for that matter) is that you don't care about convenient access to a comfort station, and neither loop has one. If privacy is a key factor I'd go for 800-1200. 

600 and 700 share a problem that is unique to them, they are not "loops" per se, they run parallel to the road, so half of the sites have the main road behind them and the loop road in the front. That does not lend to private sites. Both have some reasonably private sites, but I don't think it's a good percentage. The only thing that you've shared that makes 600 (and 700, for that matter) is that you don't care about convenient access to a comfort station, and neither loop has one. If privacy is a key factor I'd go for 800-1200. 

Good points, Shannon.

My only disagreement is that the sites that back up to the road on 700 have a lot more distance and vegetation between the backs of the site and the road, which provides some nice privacy.  Some of the sites on 600 literally back right up to the sidewalk and road. 

I am still curious about why Southbound's friend recommended the 600 loop.  The sites in the first half of the loop will either back up to the road or to the campfire area.  Not quiet or private.  The sites that back up to the water do look nice.  And Bob's site near the beginning of the loop is nice, but not real private either.

TCD

I'd recommend you request a site in 500 that backs up toward the canal.  Starting at around 523 up to 540 or so....those sites backing toward the canal are very deep.  What I've done in the past is to request 500, ask if you can get a site backing to the canal, and list the things you need room for (RV, vehicle, ez-up, golf cart).  That's always worked for me.  

We're in 526 this year and it has a lot of space behind the site to the canal. The people next to us had several tents beyond their space in the back with plenty of room. We've had turkeys along the canal almost every morning and lots of cranes. We have plenty of room to fit our F250 in front of our 35' rv, but we park it in the lot to give us more space. We can see the people across the canal, but they are a good ways away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend you request a site in 500 that backs up toward the canal.  Starting at around 523 up to 540 or so....those sites backing toward the canal are very deep.  What I've done in the past is to request 500, ask if you can get a site backing to the canal, and list the things you need room for (RV, vehicle, ez-up, golf cart).  That's always worked for me.  

Another plus for 500 is that it's on the Yellow bus route, which has a more direct route through the Fort than the Orange and Purple routes.  If I didn't have a golf cart, I'd prefer being on the Yellow route.

TCD

We stayed on the 600 loop earlier this year and really liked it.  Site 619 seemed to be the best from a shade perspective plus  it was very close to the bridge leading over to the meadows.  Our girls (7-9) could go back and forth while the wife and I relaxed at the camper.  We had a golf cart as well which was key.  

We stayed on the 600 loop earlier this year and really liked it.  Site 619 seemed to be the best from a shade perspective plus  it was very close to the bridge leading over to the meadows.  Our girls (7-9) could go back and forth while the wife and I relaxed at the camper.  We had a golf cart as well which was key.  

Did it bother you having Fort Wilderness Trail right behind your site?  That's the main campground road and there's a busy sidewalk alongside it as well.  To me, that disqualifies one of the criteria the OP was seeking (privacy).

TCD

Did it bother you having Fort Wilderness Trail right behind your site?  That's the main campground road and there's a busy sidewalk alongside it as well.  To me, that disqualifies one of the criteria the OP was seeking (privacy).

TCD

Guess I probably should have mentioned a disclaimer on the post.  The other loops we have stayed in are 100 and 200. So compared to those loops, site 619 was private.  And our youngest, Reese, normally brings all kids to our site anyway, so we normally throw privacy out the window when we take her.   :D

I really didn't notice the noise too much because the trees were fairly thick between us and the road.  However, you could hear the buses running for sure. Here is a pic of the site during March.

DSC_0106_zps5k9b922i.jpg

Guess I probably should have mentioned a disclaimer on the post.  The other loops we have stayed in are 100 and 200. So compared to those loops, site 619 was private.  And our youngest, Reese, normally brings all kids to our site anyway, so we normally throw privacy out the window when we take her.   :D

I really didn't notice the noise too much because the trees were fairly thick between us and the road.  However, you could hear the buses running for sure. Here is a pic of the site during March.

DSC_0106_zps5k9b922i.jpg

No worries.

It just goes to show you that what appeals to one person may not appeal to another.

The OP says he wants a nice large campsite with plenty of privacy.  I still say 600 is not the loop he's looking for.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just stayed in 636? (last one on right of loop). It was a little tight and decently quiet, but far from private.  The buses are not too loud, as long as your not near the stops. The adjacent sidewalk to us was well screened with vegetation.It was super close to the marina, but that also meant I could hear the boat horns regularly, seemingly 24-7. 

The lots backing up to the canal looked good, but some of them had kinda thin barriers between sites. 

good luck and have fun.