Did you know Snarky (Fort Fiends) is on Twitter?

@fortfiends has 108 followers so far and counting.

Now, we have had the account for a while but old Queen Snarky has been a little lax in her posting and such. We now have linked the two Facebook pages (FortFiends and FortFiends.net) to the @Fortfiends Twitter account. So, if you spend more time on Twitter than you do on Facebook or you just don't care for Facebook and need updates while you are away from Snarkyland, here is another option for you!

Come join in the fun with us here....there...and everywhere in the Fiend Nation!

well, not everyone is a facebook fan

In fact, most of my online business for Stitchworks has gone to Instagram and Twitter because of the age level of the customers. Most of the time, someone goes on Facebook to message me to complain or leave a jaded review about how they were somehow a victim of their own lack of reading terms and conditions of a website. Although to read it from their view, it is always my fault. The amount of business I have received just from going to Instagram and Twitter this year has outweighed Facebook 10 fold. It used to be the other way around, but I even stopped buying ads on Facebook. It wasn't worth the money they were wanting and mysteriously, Facebook always found a way around my "limits" I set on how much I said I wanted to spend. The bill ALWAYS came out more than what my limits were set to. Funny math and I don't get along.

It is like Ebay. Both Facebook and Ebay were doing things the right way for a long time and built a huge base of people. Then they got greedy and screwed it up for the people who were supporting them. People go to other venues.

I keep the Facebook page for Stitchworks because I do have an older population that buys my product line, but I don't devote the energy to it as much as I do the other two.

On the other hand, many of our newcomers here on Fort Fiends come from the work Mo and I do on Facebook. So, we keep both pages going strong to get people here and to get the information out to the masses. Different demographics call for different social media venues. The good thing about Fort Fiends is that it covers ALL demographics.

We are just that good. ;)

I hate FB too but it's the only way I can stay in touch with certain people.  But if I ever start tweeting, check to make sure a bird didn't fly down my throat.  And forget Instagram.  I'm not a 14 year old girl.  What have I missed?  I'm sure there are other ways people connect these days, but I'm too old to care or figure it out.  And I'm not even that OLD!  Imagine how Bob and Lou feel?  

Now where did I put my cane?   :wheelchair:  

Not a fan of the social media craze, but the times they are a changin'....Quick, without looking, do you know the current cost of a postage stamp?

When was the last time you mailed a letter?  Not a package, a letter....  :lol:

Not a fan of the social media craze, but the times they are a changin'....Quick, without looking, do you know the current cost of a postage stamp?

I mail at least a couple of letters a week.  And, no, I am not old by any means...I mail letters to a couple of soldiers I have adopted overseas.

I haven't mailed a letter for more years than I can count. I was always a phone person. We still send birthday and Christmas cards and pay bills by checks through the mail. I also restrict the compnaies I pay from turning the checks into direct debits.

If you ever see me on Twitter, you may as well start looking for the 4 horsemen.  

Here they are...

Disney-Animals-Humanized13__880.jpg

Actually those are the horses.  Here they are as men...

Disney-Animals-Humanized5__880.jpg

I now return this thread to its regularly scheduled programming...

Some of aren't fans of any of the social media sites.  :lol:

well, no that is true...in fact, some people just like to be here

however, Mo and I use both Facebook and Twitter as recruitment tools

we also use GG's, signs, shirts, mugs, etc, etc.

and of course, person to person recruitment

I hate FB too but it's the only way I can stay in touch with certain people.  But if I ever start tweeting, check to make sure a bird didn't fly down my throat.  And forget Instagram.  I'm not a 14 year old girl.  What have I missed?  I'm sure there are other ways people connect these days, but I'm too old to care or figure it out.  And I'm not even that OLD!  Imagine how Bob and Lou feel?  

Now where did I put my cane?   :wheelchair:  

this is why you have super geek, Mo and myself here on FF to keep you informed!

well, no that is true...in fact, some people just like to be here

however, Mo and I use both Facebook and Twitter as recruitment tools

we also use GG's, signs, shirts, mugs, etc, etc.

and of course, person to person recruitment

I feel bad that I was never recruited.  Am I not good enough for this place?!!?  :P

I feel bad that I was never recruited.  Am I not good enough for this place?!!?  :P

Don't feel bad, I wasn't recruited either.  I was just called bad names by people wearing lime green a long time ago in a place way way far away. B)