Receipt left at campsite

ad09e1e5bf744b7111af3c88de985b24.jpgbbbc5200b5f0ef4fe41f45cc36763093.jpg

Got ready to load the cart up on Monday morning and saw this laying on the seat. Inside was a breakdown of charges for our stay. Normally these come in an email on checkout day and have never had one delivered to the site before. Oddly enough I didn't get one the email this trip. Did anyone else get these? Not that it's a big deal just a bit of a waste of paper and a step back.

Maybe it had something to do with check in or they are doing something with the computers? I did online check in this time and when we got ready to check in we had a trainee who asked for my email. I thought that odd because it was booked the same way as all our other reservations have been including the one a few weeks before and they have always had that info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Guess we had the same trainee at check in on Friday.

It was odd they had some of our info but other things were missing...credit card info, email, phone number and we were just there Labor Day.  Very odd, but they had our site request (didn't get any of the ones we asked for and not even the loop we wanted).

We've never checked out when we left, but this time we let one of the site cleaners know we had vacated our site since it was 9:45.

Maybe they were trying to avoid the usual holiday weekend checkout backup?

That could be, we have never checked out either have always just left. I know Sunday morning was a busy check out day but Monday didn't seem to be any worse than normal, traffic wise at least.

We were lucky enough to get our requested loop but not one of the sites we requested. Which was odd as one stayed vacant our entire trip 919. Before setting up we asked about moving to that site and the manager was very rude and said someone wants checked into that site and had been for a few days. Must have been an invisible rv. Turned out great though 901 bad not one I'd want for a long trip but perfect for Halloween.

If there's one thing FW management is good at, it's inconsistency.

I've received the "love note" on some trips, emails on others, and nothing on others.

I have ALWAYS been asked my email address and phone number at check in.  ALWAYS.

Nothing to see here.  It's just business as usual.

TCD

Guess I should have clarified, they had to reenter everything, supposedly nothing was in there.  Yes, they do ask for that info just to confirm it, but this guy said he had to reenter everything.

I don't know if he deleted everything accidentally while checking us in because at first it seemed business as usual.

He did get flustered when we said we weren't too happy with the 2000 loop and asked about 1500 or even empty sites in the full loops.

Guess I should have clarified, they had to reenter everything, supposedly nothing was in there.  Yes, they do ask for that info just to confirm it, but this guy said he had to reenter everything.

I don't know if he deleted everything accidentally while checking us in because at first it seemed business as usual.

He did get flustered when we said we weren't too happy with the 2000 loop and asked about 1500 or even empty sites in the full loops.

Oh, gotcha.  You'd think that they have all that saved someplace.  But, that would make too much sense.

What was the story on 1500 not being available?  Was there a group in that loop?

TCD

They have always verified email and asked for a good number to reach us at during our stay. But same here none of that info seemed to be in the system.

When we saw 919 was open and tried to call about changing to that site something was up with the phone system. The direct line to the Fort front desk was ringing busy and the 407 wdisney was the first part of the recording but when it went to transfer was just a message saying they were having technical difficulties and to try back later. Maybe everything was down and they weren't able to pull up saved info? This was about 1130-1200 on Thursday.

Oh, gotcha.  You'd think that they have all that saved someplace.  But, that would make too much sense.

What was the story on 1500 not being available?  Was there a group in that loop?

TCD

In the past it had been saved, and that was between long lapses, like Memorial Day to Labor Day, that's what was confusing.  Like I said, in the beginning it seemed like he had our info, then suddenly he started asking for the same things over again so I think he might've did an oops and deleted our saved profile.

No idea, we never made it over there.  I had faxed in our "request" (which the CM told us is only a request not a guarantee) the Friday before arrival.  They said nothing was available at check in but we could move to a 1500 site on Saturday.  We politely declined.

2000 was much better this time, it was a little noisier than 1500 but not like the fiasco of our previous stay there.

But I feel like they "neglect" that loop.  The men's room floor on the toilet side always had water on it and hopefully the smeared brown stuff was mud.  The higher towel dispenser was broken from the time we checked in, and they finally fixed it late Sunday by putting a bag over it.  The lower dispenser ran out of towels twice.  The walkway to the CS has thin tree branches jutting out into the path face high, making for some fun nighttime walks.

If they made a real path with marker lamps from the 2000 loop into the group camping and over to the bridge to the 900 loop, it would greatly improve the walk to the meadow.

They have always verified email and asked for a good number to reach us at during our stay. But same here none of that info seemed to be in the system.

When we saw 919 was open and tried to call about changing to that site something was up with the phone system. The direct line to the Fort front desk was ringing busy and the 407 wdisney was the first part of the recording but when it went to transfer was just a message saying they were having technical difficulties and to try back later. Maybe everything was down and they weren't able to pull up saved info? This was about 1130-1200 on Thursday.

I tried calling the front desk and engineering on Sunday to report the CS problems and just got recordings on both lines, so I gave up.  That was after I had reported the same problems to a CM that was just pulling up to the CS the previous day.

But I feel like they "neglect" that loop.  The men's room floor on the toilet side always had water on it and hopefully the smeared brown stuff was mud.  The higher towel dispenser was broken from the time we checked in, and they finally fixed it late Sunday by putting a bag over it.  The lower dispenser ran out of towels twice.  The walkway to the CS has thin tree branches jutting out into the path face high, making for some fun nighttime walks.

Man, that's bad. But, I don't think it's just the 2000 loop that is being neglected. And Derek confirms that below.

If they made a real path with marker lamps from the 2000 loop into the group camping and over to the bridge to the 900 loop, it would greatly improve the walk to the meadow.

That's a great idea, and wouldn't cost much to do.

Too bad the Fort is run by idiots, so it will never happen.

I tried calling the front desk and engineering on Sunday to report the CS problems and just got recordings on both lines, so I gave up.  That was after I had reported the same problems to a CM that was just pulling up to the CS the previous day.

That's unacceptable.

I was in the 900 loop over the 4th of July this year, and the AC in the CS was not working- it was always humid in there, and it was hot as heck in the afternoon, and barely cool in the morning. I called to report it the first night, but nobody worked on it, and it was the same for every night of the four nights I was there.  I gave up and took my cart over to the 1100 and used the comfort station there.  It was nice and cool.

For what they charge for campsites, especially when they jack up rates on holidays, I expect the few amenities that we are provided to work. But, the idiots in charge are too busy counting the money they are raking in from suckers like me to care. The Fort was still full. And it will be full next year for the 4th. They always win.

TCD

That could be, we have never checked out either have always just left. I know Sunday morning was a busy check out day but Monday didn't seem to be any worse than normal, traffic wise at least.

We were lucky enough to get our requested loop but not one of the sites we requested. Which was odd as one stayed vacant our entire trip 919. Before setting up we asked about moving to that site and the manager was very rude and said someone wants checked into that site and had been for a few days. Must have been an invisible rv. Turned out great though 901 bad not one I'd want for a long trip but perfect for Halloween.

The site assigners must be on crack.... I would have LOVED 901, 931, or 932. I also got the yellow envelope this time, but we didn't do online checkin.

The site assigners must be on crack.... I would have LOVED 901, 931, or 932. I also got the yellow envelope this time, but we didn't do online checkin.

Sorry Carol, we tried for any site other than 901 but they were saying nothing else was open when we checked in Thursday. Well several sites were open but they were "saved" for people traveling together.

about that site that was open the whole time, the people who were in Carols's site before her tried extending there stay an extra day and were told there was no available sites. Got to wonder is their system that screwed up or did someone have a throw away site.

That would have been a very expensive throw away site. I was thinking maybe something wrong with the power pole or something but the manager swore there was someone checked into it. So who knows.

about that site that was open the whole time, the people who were in Carols's site before her tried extending there stay an extra day and were told there was no available sites. Got to wonder is their system that screwed up or did someone have a throw away site.

Tough to say...I agree with Derek, that it would have been an expensive throw away site however, we had a couple of spots open up in the 100 loop..when the system said they were full.

I agree it would be a waste, but the people who had the haunted house on 1641 were they camping on that site too? I didn't notice anything but I can't imagine booking a site just to decorate it??

There are lots of people for whom an extra $100-120 per night wouldn't even be a serious consideration.  But even if I had that kind of money to throw away, I don't think I could bring myself to do it.  

They didn't appear to have any camping equipment on the site.

I wondered about that. It was so crowded when we went by that we didn't stop, but from what we could even and how people described it, I couldn't see how there was a camper in there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree it would be a waste, but the people who had the haunted house on 1641 were they camping on that site too? I didn't notice anything but I can't imagine booking a site just to decorate it??

I didn't get a close enough look but it looked as if they were staying in the site across from it. We only drove by.

There are lots of people for whom an extra $100-120 per night wouldn't even be a serious consideration.  But even if I had that kind of money to throw away, I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

I don't do it anymore but years ago when we would drive it straight through. If we were arriving Saturday morning say between 7 and 8 A.M. I would pay for Friday night so I didn't have to wait for a site to check in. But it was only about $65 a night then.

I don't do it anymore but years ago when we would drive it straight through. If we were arriving Saturday morning say between 7 and 8 A.M. I would pay for Friday night so I didn't have to wait for a site to check in. But it was only about $65 a night then.

We used to do the opposite, keep the site for an extra night, wait till 9-10 pm to pull out, and drive a couple of hours North