I have been trying for over a month to find a site for early December 2015.  Never had an issue before with this time of year, when I had no luck I tried other dates in January, but not during marathon week.  Still no luck.  Never had this issue before and I called guest services, the cast member was very helpful in looking, told her I would take any kind of site.  She said there is nothing around any of the dates I used.  She further mentioned that several people have multiple 30 day reservations back to back, and that it is very hard to get in anytime in the next several months.

I have never had trouble getting in on relatively short notice during school months in the past, especially between and after the holidays.  I thought folks had to leave for a day after a certain period in the park in the past, but she said no, and if they can accommodate them, they may remain on the same site.  Are there that many folks doing this at the rates they charge here?

Looking for something Dec 10-16, having no luck.  Hate to disappoint the grands....  Wonder if they leave any sites for drive ups?

Thanks all.

I have been trying for over a month to find a site for early December 2015.  Never had an issue before with this time of year, when I had no luck I tried other dates in January, but not during marathon week.  Still no luck.  Never had this issue before and I called guest services, the cast member was very helpful in looking, told her I would take any kind of site.  She said there is nothing around any of the dates I used.  She further mentioned that several people have multiple 30 day reservations back to back, and that it is very hard to get in anytime in the next several months.

I have never had trouble getting in on relatively short notice during school months in the past, especially between and after the holidays.  I thought folks had to leave for a day after a certain period in the park in the past, but she said no, and if they can accommodate them, they may remain on the same site.  Are there that many folks doing this at the rates they charge here?

Looking for something Dec 10-16, having no luck.  Hate to disappoint the grands....  Wonder if they leave any sites for drive ups?

Thanks all.

I just logged in to the Travel agent site. Looks like Saturday night is your issue. I can get Dec 10-12 and Dec 13-16 but the night of the 12-13 is coming up unavailable. 

I am seeing availability for Dec 13-18. 

If you would like some help playing with dates and trying to find something that works shoot me an email [email protected] and we can see whats out there and even what we might be able to piece together. 

...She further mentioned that several people have multiple 30 day reservations back to back, and that it is very hard to get in anytime in the next several months.....  I thought folks had to leave for a day after a certain period in the park in the past, but she said no, and if they can accommodate them, they may remain on the same site.  Are there that many folks doing this at the rates they charge here?

There really aren't that many people that stay for extended periods like that, certainly not enough to clog up the entire Fort's reservations for months.

Sounds like the weekend is the problem - at that is actually pretty typical much of the year now. Even during normally slower times, weekends at the Fort are still VERY full and seem to be booked up way in advance. We were just there for a few weeks and the weekends were super full, while the weekdays were fairly empty.  The week after Halloween, the last half of the 300 loop was nearly empty.

Keep trying or better yet, get a good TA (like Jason) on the case for you.  Cancellations happen all the time.  Hopefully you can snag one.  Good luck!!

Did OK, I was able to get first few days in preferred sites (tight for me) and then rest in premiums.  Hoping for opening in either to get whole time with no move.  Still time.  Just excited I got what I did, the Grandkids would have had to go for more than a year without a visit, YIKES!!  

Now for dining, that will be another struggle!  Anyone had good luck on walk-ins for character breakfast and dinner?  She likes Beach club breakfast, maybe Polynesian, and loves 1900 Park Fair dinner, all them avoid having to be in park at certain times.

20 days and counting!

Thanks for the info here, I have been having the same problems trying to get a spot.  So we finally gave up and are just going to reserve a room at one of the resorts (since we already purchased flights, instead of driving), but I'm going to put Jason on my radar for next trip!

Welcome!!  Hope you have a terrific trip.  :)

Nancy Spann of Span the Horizons is a travel agent that resides in the Fort. She has got me my reservations for many years now. Great girl and really helps.

Nancy does NOT reside in the Fort, and hasn't been in the fort for months. I heard Disney was investigating her business practices, so perhaps that’s why she’s not here. Glad you had a good experiences with her, personally I found her to be dishonest and unscrupulous , If you are looking for a good travel agent that resides in the Fort, Hilda (400 loop) is very good, however, if you just want a good travel agent, everyone LOVES Jason!

Nancy does NOT reside in the Fort, and hasn't been in the fort for months. I heard Disney was investigating her business practices, so perhaps that’s why she’s not here. Glad you had a good experiences with her, personally I found her to be dishonest and unscrupulous , If you are looking for a good travel agent that resides in the Fort, Hilda (400 loop) is very good, however, if you just want a good travel agent, everyone LOVES Jason!

Where did you hear that Nancy was being investigated. Can you give us more info ?

Posts like these just tend to start pissing matches. Please take it to Private Message

Just to be clear on this.  I am not going to condone a pissing match of any sort with Travel Agents here.  Facebook Admins of pages may let this go on and even condone it, but I will not.  We have a policy that we are open to all people that would like to sponsor our site and are not exclusive to any one vendor.  However, I will not let people bash one to up another and vice versa.  That drama is for Facebook and other drama forums.  Now, if you have a specific problem with one of our vendors/sponsors, I would love for you to pm me and I will help you rectify the problem in a speedy manner.  

If you have a personal beef with a TA and want to tell someone, do it in a PM. The admins here do not monitor PM's unless under court order.  And if I have to be under a court order because of you, you have way more issues with me than you want to be in.  So, let us not go there.

I try not to have to be in babysitting mode, but there is too much water under the bridge on this backstory for me to even let this go any further, so I am nipping it in the bud right now.  Trust me in knowing I have way more knowledge in all of this than most of you know.  That is all I will say about it.