Shoreline I apologize things got out of hand in my room that night and disturbed you. We had the same thing happened at AKL in April. I think that's what your talking about. My gf and I learned some new stuff I think lol.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We went by there today and all the swings were back up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, it's ridiculous the way they treat the Fort guests.   I know we don't pay as much per night as the GF, Boardwalk, or Contemporary guests, but we also don't get as many amenities (room service,

Shoreline I apologize things got out of hand in my room that night and disturbed you. We had the same thing happened at AKL in April. I think that's what your talking about. My gf and I learned some n

I just read some of the post about surveys and complaints. As much as I post things that piss me off, we rarely have a bad time at the fort and the things I complain about are usually stupid things and we all know you can't fix stupid. I agree the surveys are useless, especially when staying at the fort. I would have to say at a resort like the boardwalk I would think they would take the complaints a little more seriously because they want you to return and hopefully suck you into vacation club. The fort is a concrete pad and now with warped picnic tables and rusty grills. Kinda hard to screw that experience up. Happy Thanksgiving all.

I just read some of the post about surveys and complaints. As much as I post things that piss me off, we rarely have a bad time at the fort and the things I complain about are usually stupid things and we all know you can't fix stupid. I agree the surveys are useless, especially when staying at the fort. I would have to say at a resort like the boardwalk I would think they would take the complaints a little more seriously because they want you to return and hopefully suck you into vacation club. The fort is a concrete pad and now with warped picnic tables and rusty grills. Kinda hard to screw that experience up. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Now that's more like it.  That old Fort magic is working on you.  And, that's how they get away with providing an inferior product, yet fill the place year after year.  And, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the Fort,  I'm sure your neighbors this year are not as interesting as your neighbors last year on the 800 loop. ;)

TCD

Now that's more like it.  That old Fort magic is working on you.  And, that's how they get away with providing an inferior product, yet fill the place year after year.  And, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the Fort,  I'm sure your neighbors this year are not as interesting as your neighbors last year on the 800 loop. ;)

TCD

All it takes is relaxing after set up. I actually bought a TCD hammock this year and fell asleep in it yesterday so all is good. I agree, the neighbors last year were so much better

We pull up to our site 1312 and have to start arguing with the neighboring site that the site is being held for family that have had RV trouble.

I'm really confused by this. Who was holding the site for them, obviously not the Fort since they gave you the site, or were they using the tailgating thing by holding the spot with their cornhole games and chairs when they arrived in the morning shooing everyone away for their friends who show up an hour before the game starts? Sorry they had trouble, but they should have linked their ressies to be close to each other. I hate people like that.

Best Regards,

Norm

Shoreline I apologize things got out of hand in my room that night and disturbed you. We had the same thing happened at AKL in April. I think that's what your talking about. My gf and I learned some new stuff I think lol.

Dude it sounded like they were making a pictures of kittieso next door. Whip cracks and everything. I would have banged on the door but I figured the bouncer would have thrown me out.

All it takes is relaxing after set up. I actually bought a TCD hammock this year and fell asleep in it yesterday so all is good. I agree, the neighbors last year were so much better

I am proud of you, Dave!

A hammock?

Way to go!

Enjoy.

It looks like you're in for some pretty sweet weather the rest of the week.

Would it be OK if I sneak over and sleep in the hammock one night?

TCD

I am proud of you, Dave!

A hammock?

Way to go!

Enjoy.

It looks like you're in for some pretty sweet weather the rest of the week.

Would it be OK if I sneak over and sleep in the hammock one night?

TCD

Anytime what's a thanksgiving without TCD. The hammock was the best accessory I have bought In a while. Now If everybody else would give me a turn....lol

C346B964-C8A3-409E-A084-53136C051494.jpg

The hostesses at TE told us that Disney doesn't maintain the lights on the Christmas tree -- that if there are problems, they have to call an outside contractor.

That is lame and stupid.  And I don't believe it.

I believe that someone in management told the nice ladies at Trail's End  that, and they were repeating what they were told, but that is really a dumb thing to say.

Nice going there, Jose.

For the jacked up prices they charge for the holidays, they could employ a full time CM to personally check every bulb on that tree to make sure they work.

TCD

Thanks!

I'll see you soon.

That looks like the sidewalk to the Meadow Trading Post in the background- so are you somewhere on the outside of the 1300 loop?

TCD

Yup. 1325. I thought I would hate it but it turned out to be a great site. Easy to back in and kind of private. Glad the rude Ohioians (if that's a word) had a fit because we were taking their friends site. Update.. Their friends did not get that site...lol

Disney has a whole department called Holiday Services that are responsible for dressing the parks and resorts, with a year-round staff. I think they are responsible for the lights. And I KNOW that they are supposed to thoroughly test and refurbish each decoration at the end of season before mothballing them for the next year, so the fact that this outage made it into a second year is pretty stupefying! 

bstg6jpg-477a6f77f59c7726_large.jpg

Disney has a whole department called Holiday Services that are responsible for dressing the parks and resorts, with a year-round staff. I think they are responsible for the lights. And I KNOW that they are supposed to thoroughly test and refurbish each decoration at the end of season before mothballing them for the next year, so the fact that this outage made it into a second year is pretty stupefying! 

bstg6jpg-477a6f77f59c7726_large.jpg

Just goes to show how they really feel about the Fort!

Yup. 1325. I thought I would hate it but it turned out to be a great site. Easy to back in and kind of private. Glad the rude Ohioians (if that's a word) had a fit because we were taking their friends site. Update.. Their friends did not get that site...lol

I like the 1300 sites along the canal and around the outside towards the loop entrance. They all have a lot of space behind them and decent vegetation between the sites. I think you are better off having moved. As far as the folks from Ohio, Karma's a B isn't it? 

The hostesses at TE told us that Disney doesn't maintain the lights on the Christmas tree -- that if there are problems, they have to call an outside contractor.

That is lame and stupid.  And I don't believe it.

I believe that someone in management told the nice ladies at Trail's End  that, and they were repeating what they were told, but that is really a dumb thing to say.

Nice going there, Jose.

For the jacked up prices they charge for the holidays, they could employ a full time CM to personally check every bulb on that tree to make sure they work.

TCD

What I've noticed is Disney owns a bunch of companies that work exclusively for the company. I'm sure it is mainly for tax reasons but it sure does give them an excuse to blame someone else for breaking the magic. 

It is indeed frustrating that requests to tend to maintenance issues seem to fall of deaf mouse ears. Shower pressure in mens 500 CS is weak in 3 stalls, overpowering in another and shower head broken. Our biggest gripe this trip has been the audio down at the beach for Wishes. It was almost non-existent the first few days we were here, and now this week it distorts every time Jiminy starts to talk.

And yet...with the various hiccups during this stay we already can't wait to return. So there's that.

I also acknowledge that I have inadvertantly directed this thread back to the original for this post. Sorry about that.

It is indeed frustrating that requests to tend to maintenance issues seem to fall of deaf mouse ears. Shower pressure in mens 500 CS is weak in 3 stalls, overpowering in another and shower head broken. Our biggest gripe this trip has been the audio down at the beach for Wishes. It was almost non-existent the first few days we were here, and now this week it distorts every time Jiminy starts to talk.

And yet...with the various hiccups during this stay we already can't wait to return. So there's that.

I also acknowledge that I have inadvertantly directed this thread back to the original for this post. Sorry about that.