Disney Fantasy Tips

We went on the Fantasy in 2013. Were going with another family who were able to book excursions before us, so I did most of the same ones.  Then they ended up having to postpone last minute as their son started throwing up the day we left to drive down.  My kids loved the sea turtle hospital/stingray city on Grand Cayman.  I don't think I saw which ports you were going to so it may be different ones now.  Anyway, it Cozumel we did dolphins interaction and in Costa Maya we did a bike ride to a "glass" bottom kayak.  It was okay, but as they explained to us once we got to the kayak, the reef is pretty much dead from a hurricane a few years before, so all we saw through the clear bottom of the kayak was seaweed or plants, no actual fish.

As far as tips on the ship, I don't really have any that haven't been mentioned.  My kids played the detective game on the different floors. They were 12 & 10 at the time and didn't really like the kids clubs.  I think if our friends had gone they would've spent more time there.  After a couple of nights, our waiter would have their dinners pretty much out while we were still ordering and then they would go change into swim trunks and do the aqua duck a couple of times before changing again for mini golf or basketball.  

We did get stuck at our dinners with a family we didn't know since we were supposed to be dining with our friends who didn't go. I think they were originally signed up for the other dinner time and wanted to switch, so were put with us since the tables were already reserved for 8.  They were very strange and couldn't have been more different from us, but it was okay.  I don't know a tip to tell you to keep that from happening.  

We actually didn't go to the pool at all.  I think the hubs & I went to the adult one once.  It was an Easter week cruise so it was pretty crowded.  A kid drowned in one of the pools before we ever left port. He was revived, but I still follow on FB and he has a lot of problems. We were slightly delayed on our departure and the sail away party was moved inside so they could investigate.  Pretty horrible.

My husband is insanely paranoid about stomach bugs and it took a lot for me to talk him into going. He & my oldest son definitely get stomach bugs easier than me & the other one.  Of course he started violently throwing up the night before Castaway Cay.  He called the front desk and basically demanded they give him a room. He did offer to pay for it, but I don't think they charged us. They kept saying they didn't have any, but somehow they found one. I didn't know where he went and couldn't even call to check on him the next day.  He finally called us. Originally we had to scrap Castaway due to weather, but then a window opened up, so the captain turned it around and flew back, so we had like 1/2 day there. Mr. CJH rallied and went out to a beach chair. He thinks maybe he had food poisoning instead, but we had run into a coworker of his the day or two before who said part of her family were shut in all day with a stomach bug, so who knows. 

He & the oldest do not want to ever do a cruise again, but the youngest asks all the time when we can go back on a Disney cruise.  I am torn.  I enjoyed it, but I have had bad motion sickness issues my whole life, so I took Bonine every day and wore the bracelets when necessary.  People that say you can't feel the big ships moving are either lying or crazy.  We were eating dinner when we left Port Canaveral, and I was like, oh, we just left. No one else at the table believed me, so my boys ran out to a window to check, and sure enough, we were moving.  I can also remember being in shows and seeing the curtains swaying and feeling movement.  I never got sick, but it took from departing on Sat. til the next Wed. to not feel swimmy headed.  

Anyhoo, that sure turned long and rambling.  If you made it this far, congrats! ;-)

Well, I probably should have put this in live reviews, but......

Disney Fantasy Very Merrytime Cruise 2015

Day one was uneventful. Security check as you enter the building was quick and efficient. No questions asked about the four bottles in my carry on bag. With a port arrival time of 10:45 - 11:00 the wait in line was about 10 minutes. With all my paperwork filed out on line it was take a picture and check the passports. Boarding group 6. Once our boarding group was called it was through the mouse ears and another 15 minute wait in line to board.

Signed up for the Casaway Cay 5K and my internet access. $90

for 1,000 MB

We left port on time at 5 to very windy conditions. The Captain announced that we would have high seas crossing the Gulf Steram. He was right. Probably 25% of folks missed dinner. They called it 12 - 15 foot seas.

Day at two has been relaxing. Seas finally calmed down so deck/pool/AquaDuck time. Oh, I guess food & wine has been involved also....

to to be continued.....

It has calmed down considerably.

We have Palo tomorrow night, but don't think we will make Remy. I'm not a big jacket for dinner type of guy.

The spa,is wonderful. We purchased a week in the Rainforest. We are getting into a habit of hitting the spa for a couple of hours each episode evening before dinner. Tonight it was hot tub, salt scrub, wet sauna, dry sauna and the rainforest showers. Very relaxing.

The spa,is wonderful. We purchased a week in the Rainforest. We are getting into a habit of hitting the spa for a couple of hours each episode evening before dinner. Tonight it was hot tub, salt scrub, wet sauna, dry sauna and the rainforest showers. Very relaxing.

That sounds awesome

It has calmed down considerably.

We have Palo tomorrow night, but don't think we will make Remy. I'm not a big jacket for dinner type of guy.

Sounds like the Rainforest is worth the purchase. Does it include everything mentioned? 

We were on the Fantasy back in May if you want to re read my trip report. :)

I'll try and post some tips tomorrow when I'm on a computer.

How was your recent cruise?

WBI

I forgot that! I will for sure! 

Our cruise was great. It was so nice to have family time with my mom and brother. Z and my brother got to spend more time together than they ever have since Spencer is 20 years younger than me. I didn't take enough pictures to make a trip report. I don't think I took any food pictures or ones of just the ship since I had before, but I've posted many to facebook. 

Sounds like the Rainforest is worth the purchase. Does it include everything mentioned?

Yes, all included. I think it was $140 for one person, $190 for a couple for the week. Unlimited use of the Rainforest area. This includes two fairly private hot tubs overlooking the ocean, multiple specialty showers, 5 salt scrubs, wet sauna, dry sauna and huge locker rooms/shower. I have not showered in the tiny shower in the room yet.