I have been searching pet topics here. I understand that the kennel Disney recommends is now off site.

I think I remember hearing that they had an on site kennel at one time.

Have any of you used the off site kennel for daycare while you are at the park?

If so what do you think of it?

Do many people leave their dogs in their hard sided, air conditioned trailers while they are out?

Has anyone ever had a pet sitter come sit with their dog in their camper?

Our little guy is pretty quiet. At other campgrounds he stays with the a/c and TV running.

We want to be good FortFiends. We must bring the dog because we are going on to our winter campground after our visit at Disney.

Thanks,

M2D

Yes, I think he would be more comfortable in his own fifth wheel but do not want to annoy anyone if he does cry a little from time to time.

The people next to us at our campground last year could only hear him if they really listened. They had two dogs themselves and were not bothered by him.

They leave their cell number in their window in case anyone wants to call them about their dogs when they are out.

Thanks,

M2D

We leave our dog in the trailer and have never had any problems.

The cell number in the window is a good idea, I never thought of that. The only time we had a problem we had left the vent fan on and it was making a racket, our neighbors at the Fort called the front desk because they were worried it was the ac and knew we had a dog in the trailer. The front desk called us as well as sent someone out to our site to see if they could tell what the problem was.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome!

We leave our dogs in the camper when we're out with the air running.  They're old pros at camping by now and know the routine. We make sure they get to run/play in the a.m., then give them peanut butter stuffed kongs when we go out.  We've asked our neighbors over the years and no one has ever heard them make a peep. The key for our gang is that they're not able to get up in the windows and look out  If they could do that, I'm sure they'd bark.

These days the girls hang in their crates and Brady (who's creeping up on 14) is gated in the back of the camper.

Good idea.  We have our cell numbers in our window too.

Same here.

The phone number is brilliant. When we were camping over the summer and it was during a heatwave, so it was ridiculously hot and the power went out in 1/2 the campground. It had been out probably 30 mins or so and then I went searching for our neighbors because they had dogs. I kinda felt like a stalker but they were at the pool where there was power and wouldn't have known it was out.

The phone number is brilliant. When we were camping over the summer and it was during a heatwave, so it was ridiculously hot and the power went out in 1/2 the campground. It had been out probably 30 mins or so and then I went searching for our neighbors because they had dogs. I kinda felt like a stalker but they were at the pool where there was power and wouldn't have known it was out.

Back when we still had the hybrid we got a call one night while we were at Epcot.  The smoke detector battery was going and it had started beeping.  The person that called said everything looked fine and he didn't see or smell anything.  He said he'd keep an eye out until we could get back.  If something happened in the meantime, he said he'd open the tent ends and pull the crates out.

Camping neighbors are the best!

We have a sticker similar to this one on the window right next to the door.  I recommend putting more than one phone number on it, if you'll have 2 phones with you.  There were times when one of us forgot to charge our phone and we only had one working one with us.  Also, write on it with a sharpie so that the number doesn't fade/wash off easily.

Custom-Emergency-Save-Pets-Label-LB-3338

We have done both.  One of our dogs does great in teh camper alone, but one is getting old and cries the whole time.  We hate to have him making noise and bothering others, so we have used both the old on-site and the "new" kennels.  We were pleased and impressed with the new folks.  Missed the old place, but the new place was very nice, and took good care of Scamper.  He seemed to enjoy being where he could see and hear other dogs, and did fine.

We have left our Sophie at Best Friends while we went on a Disney Cruise. We have also left her there for 6 hours. Although we leave her in our RV when we are at the Ft and go to the parks, I can not say enough good things about Best Friends. They are such warm and loving people. The place is immaculate. Best Friends is clean and odorless. You can not tell there are pets being boarded. Except for the occasional barking. Did you know Best Friends boards all kinds of pets. From snakes and birds to big dogs. They also have web cams on the suites. What we did before we went on the cruise is drop in when it's not busy and ask for a tour.

The only thing I want to point out is that while the kennel is no longer right at Fort Wilderness, it is still on Disney property. It's only a few minute drive away.

Now, with that being said Niko, and Natasha before him always stayed in out camper. Both are/were German Shepard Dogs and have such have a nice healthy bark. I leave the A/C on high and a TV or radio playing low. Unless someone comes and know is on the camper door there are no problems........

Everyone should deal with their own pets and their personalities. If they are comfortable in the RV there is no reason to kennel them.

I have done both.  We kept our little dog at the Disney Kennel and found it to be excellent.  They give you a written report about how the dog did and give you a schedule of when they walk and feed your dot.  If your dog has a special diet you have to provide it.  Some times the CM at check in has a supply of Doggie treats.  Our dog loves them.  The Kennel also has a good supply. We only keep our dog in the kennel if we are going to be away for more than 8 hours.  I don't want our dog to have to hold it for longer than that.  We normally keep her in our motor home with the radio playing to help defuse the sound of other dogs barking.  While I have seen others leave their dogs tied up outside of their camper, TT, MH, I think that is irresponsible and in the Florida heat, maybe inhumane.  But thats just my opinion