The Enforcer Fairies are out!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to say, but I actually applaud security for noticing your type of cart. These ATV/UTV/SXS vehicles are strictly stated prohibited at the fort. It seems depending on the time of year, you will se

Is it a "true" GC or a GEM/NEV/Gator type vehicle? The flyer specifically states that a GEM/NEV can't be parked in the cart lots and Gator/Utility vehicles are not allowed at all. whether gas or elec,

Gotta love those kind of cast members. My daughter and I were at the counter service restaurant at the lodge having lunch one day. An older cm who I still see there was doing her job and a manager was

In the 300 loop there is a sign that says No electric carts beyond this point and it has been there for years. I went past it one time and a ranger told me didn't you see the sing. I said yes sir I did. He was like can't you read? Yes sir I can. My cart is gas. He just shook his head and asked if I would please turn around, which I did.

In the 300 loop there is a sign that says No electric carts beyond this point and it has been there for years. I went past it one time and a ranger told me didn't you see the sing. I said yes sir I did. He was like can't you read? Yes sir I can. My cart is gas. He just shook his head and asked if I would please turn around, which I did.

:rofl2:

4 carts is only a group right not a parade? or did we have 5 or 6? I dont know why I am asking. I think I was the chaperone. LOL

no jokes here... there were so many carts in said unofficial parade that in the 200 loop, carts were leaving the loop as carts were still entering the loop and that went on for 4-5 min, more than 4 more than 40, Id put it possibly over 100

it was at dinner time for us so I eventually went out to see what all the commotion was about as they were honking in no specific order, if they were trying to do jingle bells i would have appreciated it more than just the random honks

I didn't snag any pics but i did see the tow mater and lighting McQueen carts while i was there, and eventually sat next to the owners on the bus to HS.  

Tow Mater was built by hand with foam and bondo( 12 gallons of it) and McQueen is a real race car shell that lifts up to get in and out like a Funny car drag racer, they had to chop and add length to the golf cart to make it fit properly

no jokes here... there were so many carts in said unofficial parade that in the 200 loop, carts were leaving the loop as carts were still entering the loop and that went on for 4-5 min, more than 4 more than 40, Id put it possibly over 100

it was at dinner time for us so I eventually went out to see what all the commotion was about as they were honking in no specific order, if they were trying to do jingle bells i would have appreciated it more than just the random honks

Wow... really REALLY surprised they let that fly.  Maybe because it was earlier in the day and not 11pm??

Wow... really REALLY surprised they let that fly.  Maybe because it was earlier in the day and not 11pm??

I, on the other hand, am not the least bit surprised.

Big groups= big money.  So, the Idiot Managers let them do what they want.

You want to set up a complete kitchen including a dishwasher and dump the black water on the ground?  Go right ahead.  As long as you're renting a whole loop worth of campsites from us.

You want to clog up the roads with your stupid golf cart parade?  As long as you're renting out a whole cabin loop and renting a bunch of carts from us, by all means.

You want to blast salsa music and park a bunch of U-Haul trailers at your campsites?  No problem.

Heck, I've even seen them post Idiot Rangers at the intersections so these preferred guests can have their fun clogging up the roads with their stupid little parades and blasting their horns.  One of these groups included a guy in a Santa costume being towed on a skateboard behind a golf cart.  Rode right by the Idiot Rangers, no problem.

TCD

Heck, I've even seen them post Idiot Rangers at the intersections so these preferred guests can have their fun clogging with the up the roads with their stupid little parades and blasting their horns.  One of these groups included a guy in a Santa costume being towed on a skateboard behind a golf cart.  Rode right by the Idiot Rangers, no problem.

Take out the Santa and that was what was going on Saturday night, they were directing them in and out of the loops with holding traffic/ buses so they could move about

I, on the other hand, am not the least bit surprised.

Big groups= big money.  So, the Idiot Managers let them do what they want.

Normally I'd agree completely if I hadn't seen a post by the TA that books one the big cabin group that did the annual holiday golf cart parade saying that they'd gotten a letter from Disney telling them they couldn't do it this year. I assumed (wrongly) that meant they were going to stop the shenanigans across the boards.

Normally I'd agree completely if I hadn't seen a post by the TA that books one the big cabin group that did the annual holiday golf cart parade saying that they'd gotten a letter from Disney telling them they couldn't do it this year. I assumed (wrongly) that meant they were going to stop the shenanigans across the boards.

Letter-schmetter.  If you have the money, you can do whatever you want.

Plus, you know what they say and what they do depends on which way the wind is blowing.

And when the Idiot Rangers are done helping those nice people create traffic back-ups and giving the folks in the camping loops headaches from all the stupid golf cart horn honking, they will be right back at it issuing citations to guests who have one wheel of their one vehicle parked on the dirt at their site, or they'll be making a mess of traffic at the Settlement.

TCD

Motorcycles were definitely prohibited from Fort Wilderness at one time.

This old Gazette from 1981 makes that very clear (see the second red star):

OldFWRules-1.jpg

My recollection (which may be faulty) is that this prohibition was still in place in the early 1990's.  It has since been dropped.

Oh, and the first paragraph in the second column mentions that guests can rent and  make reservations for electric cart rentals at the Bike Barn- so we know that there were cart rentals in 1981 (and probably earlier).

TCD

Note the section on boarding pets.  "$3.00 per 24 hour day".  OH man, the good ole days.

Speaking of the trams, did they go inside the loops instead of bus stops? The trams were great on those hot Florida mosquitoie nights.

No, the trams did not go into the loops.  They were just lovely open air busses......

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my searches couldn't find a definitive answer.

My buddy offered me his gas powered golf cart for my next fort trip. He lives in a gated golf community with strict (enforeced) rules on loudness. Not sure I would have known it was gas we he pulled up.  However, I'm a compulsive rule follower. Has anyone seen anything posted that gas golf carts are officially no-nos.  Free use of a golf cart is a tough one for me to overlook.

2 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my searches couldn't find a definitive answer.

My buddy offered me his gas powered golf cart for my next fort trip. He lives in a gated golf community with strict (enforeced) rules on loudness. Not sure I would have known it was gas we he pulled up.  However, I'm a compulsive rule follower. Has anyone seen anything posted that gas golf carts are officially no-nos.  Free use of a golf cart is a tough one for me to overlook.

Tons of gas carts at FW every time we visit.

On 12/19/2015 at 6:32 AM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Note the section on boarding pets.  "$3.00 per 24 hour day".  OH man, the good ole days.

I paid particular attention to that myself. 

At least they actually did something for the money which is more than I can say for charging you now.

Well, they do furnish some doggy bags, but most other campgrounds also do that and they don't charge you for your pets.  I have also heard the one about they have to charge for being liable for pets.

I'm sure that Disney can justify the pet charge, does anyone know what their official reason is?

11 minutes ago, southernview -- Ray said:

I paid particular attention to that myself. 

At least they actually did something for the money which is more than I can say for charging you now.

Well, they do furnish some doggy bags, but most other campgrounds also do that and they don't charge you for your pets.  I have also heard the one about they have to charge for being liable for pets.

I'm sure that Disney can justify the pet charge, does anyone know what their official reason is?

That $3.00/day charge was to board a pet in the Fort Wilderness Kennel.  Back before subcontracting it out to Best Friends, the Fort used to have an on-site kennel.  Which was nice, because you didn't have to leave and drive to pick up/drop off/visit your pet.

You want to know the official reason for the current daily pet fee?

It's pure profit.

That's the reason.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That $3.00/day charge was to board a pet in the Fort Wilderness Kennel.  Back before subcontracting it out to Best Friends, the Fort used to have an on-site kennel.  Which was nice, because you didn't have to leave and drive to pick up/drop off/visit your pet.

You want to know the official reason for the current daily pet fee?

It's pure profit.

That's the reason.

TCD

Ya Think?