Star Wars Episode VII- ****SPOILERS**** Discussion for those who have seen the movie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen an explanation of how Rey could be Han and Leia's daughter stating that maybe Luke took her to Jakku and then wiped Han and Leia's minds to protect her. I have a sister who is in to the Expa

My son also thinks Rey is somehow related to Obi-Wan. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No idea, she just didn't want to see him die...  to each her own, and there's always a lot of wiggle room in Star Wars movies... sometimes I feel like they were written by lawyers with numerous loopho

I remember Ren saying that this was the girl he had heard so much about. I think Luke had put her into hiding before he had started training Ren. Then maybe he spoke of her to his nephew. Only trouble I have with that is that Jedi aren't supposed to have close relationships so I don't know how he would've produced her.

I thought Kylo Ren said something like that when he met Rey- which was an interesting comment. Where did he hear so much about her? You've got a good theory there. And you've raised another good question. If Luke is Rey's father, who was her mother, and what happened to her?

I wondered if Finn could be Lando's son. All we know is that he was taken from his family. It seems like something the first order would do, steal children from their enemies. Actually, maybe that's why Rey was hidden, so the First Order wouldn't find her.

Oh, wow, now that's an interesting theory. And, I'll bet you're on to something. Of course, there's some back story about Finn. Something made him different.

Can't wait to find out how Ren got Vaders mask. Maybe from an ewok?

Another good question. I doubt that Leia took it as a souvenir, so how did he get it?

I loved when Chewie shot Ren after he saw Han die. And love that he teamed up with Rey. Maybe they'll be partners now.

Yes, I think Rey and Chewie are a team.

And let's not forget we last saw Finn in a coma (I think). He's probably going to team up with Rey and Chewie too.

Oh, and Rey could understand Chewie, right? But Finn couldn't? How did Rey know how to speak Wookie?

TCD

I thought Kylo Ren said something like that when he met Rey- which was an interesting comment. Where did he hear so much about her? You've got a good theory there. And you've raised another good question. If Luke is Rey's father, who was her mother, and what happened to her?

Oh, wow, now that's an interesting theory. And, I'll bet you're on to something. Of course, there's some back story about Finn. Something made him different.

Another good question. I doubt that Leia took it as a souvenir, so how did he get it?

Yes, I think Rey and Chewie are a team.

And let's not forget we last saw Finn in a coma (I think). He's probably going to team up with Rey and Chewie too.

Oh, and Rey could understand Chewie, right? But Finn couldn't? How did Rey know how to speak Wookie?

TCD

Same way she knew how to fly the Falcon, and be able to repair it so quickly.

The Force, but she didn't realize it.

TCD

Yes, Rey could understand a lot. Plus, her technical skills and she got pretty good real fast with that light saber. I think Luke had begun training her as a child when she then had to go into hiding. But she had no idea at the time that she was being trained in the force. Maybe Luke didn't tell her anything to protect her. Or maybe her memory of that was erased somehow.

I don't know, I've been spending way too much time thinking about this movie. I do want to see it again for the scene where she touches the light saber. Everything went way too fast for me.

I also loved the line when C3pO says "you probably don't recognize me because of this red arm..."

Same way she knew how to fly the Falcon, and be able to repair it so quickly.

The Force, but she didn't realize it.

Could Luke speak Wookie? He did seem to pick up flying pretty quickly.

Yes, Rey could understand a lot. Plus, her technical skills and she got pretty good real fast with that light saber. I think Luke had begun training her as a child when she then had to go into hiding. But she had no idea at the time that she was being trained in the force. Maybe Luke didn't tell her anything to protect her. Or maybe her memory of that was erased somehow.

I don't know, I've been spending way too much time thinking about this movie. I do want to see it for the scene where she touches the light saber. Everything went way too fast for me.

I also loved the line when C3pO says "you probably don't recognize me because of this red arm..."

C3PO is such a dweeb. And where did that red arm come from? I guess that's something we will be hearing about, right?

TCD

And now for something completely different...

Darth Vader: [Heavy breathing] Luke…

Luke: Yes father?

Darth Vader: [Heavy breathing] Luke…

Luke: Yes?

Darth Vader: [Heavy breathing] Luke…I know what you’re getting for Christmas.

Luke: Did you use the force?

Darth: Vader: [Heavy breathing] No…

Luke: Then how?

Darth Vader: [Heavy breathing] I felt your presents.

Could Luke speak Wookie? He did seem to pick up flying pretty quickly.

C3PO is such a dweeb. And where did that red arm come from? I guess that's something we will be hearing about, right?

TCD

Ask and ye shall receive!

The Explanation Of How C-3PO Got His Red Arm Slips From December To February

The Star Wars Special: C-3P0 #1 is a new upcoming comic from Marvel, telling the story of why and how C-3PO gets a shiny red new arm in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie.

It was intended to be published the week after the movie came out, on the 23rd December.

But Bleeding Cool understands that it has now slipped two months, until 24th February.

Ask and ye shall receive!

The Explanation Of How C-3PO Got His Red Arm Slips From December To February

The Star Wars Special: C-3P0 #1 is a new upcoming comic from Marvel, telling the story of why and how C-3PO gets a shiny red new arm in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie.

It was intended to be published the week after the movie came out, on the 23rd December.

But Bleeding Cool understands that it has now slipped two months, until 24th February.

Now that is brilliant.

Disney is going to milk this franchise for all it's worth.

Give C3PO a new arm, and then print a comic book so people can find out why.

Say what you want, but they know how to make a buck.

Any word on how much the comic book will retail for?  I'll bet a lot.

TCD

I can't believe how much I missed and I thought I was paying attention. Hubs and I saw it on Monday morning after we put the DD on the bus. Our biggest question is how did Finn know how to use Luke's light saber as well as he did if he was in sanitation?

I think captain phasma is Finns mother, but that is just my rusty geek 2 cents.

I can't believe how much I missed and I thought I was paying attention. Hubs and I saw it on Monday morning after we put the DD on the bus. Our biggest question is how did Finn know how to use Luke's light saber as well as he did if he was in sanitation?

Others have said that about Phasma.

There was a blog about the 10 best moments that I felt was pretty spot on. And Hans demise was not one of them.

That's a good question about Finn.  He's obviously something more than a random Stormtrooper who turned to the light side.

That would be a really odd twist if Captain Phasma is Finn's mother.  But, odd twists are good for ticket sales.

Speaking of which, the Poe character isn't getting a lot of attention in the discussions of the movie.  What's his background and who are his parents?  Could he be in the Skywalker family tree?

TCD

I concur with 3 things:

1) that was a fAntastic movie. I don't care if it was a re-telling of the original, or if it was littered with non sequiturs. It was awesome!

2) I agree with TCD. The more Chewy on camera the better

3) I agree with DVC. Seeing Chewy shoot Kylo was awesome. They made a pretty big deal out of showing a shot of Kylos blood in the snow during his fight with Rey.

I think:

1) Han is dead

2) the tie ins to the original are great. Having droids (C3PO and R2D2) be prominent, means they could span endlessly into future episodes.

3) Finns lineage is tied to Lando.

4) the snicker from Han, as the idea of putting Captain into a trash compactor, is hilarious

5) JJ did a great job weaving the ol with the new and opening venues for future stories

I concur with 3 things:

1) that was a fAntastic movie. I don't care if it was a re-telling of the original, or if it was littered with non sequiturs. It was awesome!

2) I agree with TCD. The more Chewy on camera the better

3) I agree with DVC. Seeing Chewy shoot Kylo was awesome. They made a pretty big deal out of showing a shot of Kylos blood in the snow during his fight with Rey.

I think:

1) Han is dead

2) the tie ins to the original are great. Having droids (C3PO and R2D2) be prominent, means they could span endlessly into future episodes.

3) Finns lineage is tied to Lando.

4) the snicker from Han, as the idea of putting Captain into a trash compactor, is hilarious

5) JJ did a great job weaving the ol with the new and opening venues for future stories

Yeah, yeah, what he said.

Saw the movie this afternoon, LOVED it!! Except when Han was killed. Unfortunately, I feel like he is dead, mainly cause Harrison Ford really does not want to be in anymore. Can't wait for the BluRay to come out, so I can watch it and hit "pause" when I have to get up. Can't sit all the way through a movie very often anymore.

You cannot get enough...

Reading an article last night, and supposedly Rey's parent has been revealed in the Disney Force Awakens Infinity game.

It's Luke. 

Disney had the original poster take down the video clip showing the reveal.

people are back and forth about this.

Some say it's just a game and anything goes.

others say it's an official Disney project so it is more than likely true..

Other tid bits

There are a lot of stars in the galaxy far, far away

Among the familiar faces are Yayan Ruhian and Iwo Uwais from "The Raid", and Greg Grunberg from Abrams' previous projects "Heroes" and "Lost". Less obviously, Simon Pegg is an alien junk dealer. Thomas Brodie-Sangster -- the kid from "Love Actually" -- is a First Order officer.

"Saturday Night Live" star Bill Hader and occasional "Parks and Recreation" guest star Ben Schwartz helped out with the voice of BB-8. "30 Rock" star Judah Friedlander is hanging out in the bar scene. Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich is a Stormtrooper. James Bond himself, Daniel Craig, gets to see what it's like on the other side of villain's lair as the stormtrooper who falls for Rey's Jedi mind trick. And that's not to mention the fact that half the cast of "Game of Thrones" is in there somewhere.

Star Wars is British now

Star Wars has always been connected with the United Kingdom. The first film was shot in London's Elstree in 1977. It was filled with British actors from top-billed stars Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing down to the bit-part players and extras that keen-eyed Brits still recognise from their favourite telly programmes. But "The Force Awakens" takes things a step further.

In order to qualify for massive tax breaks from the UK, the film establishes itself as a British production by ticking off a required list of Britishness. It was filmed in the UK and employs a Limey cast and crew. The tax breaks earned two special thanks in the credits for Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne and Culture Secretary Ed Vaizey. By jove!

Ok. I have seen this move 3 times now. Everybody look back at this post on May 18,2017 and let's see if my prediction is correct:

I believe Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. I think after "Ben" Solo aka Kylo Ren turned to the dark side it tore Han and Leia's relationship apart. After Han left, Leia realized she was pregnant with their second child. Being afraid of what happened to Ben, Leia put Rey into hidding with Lor San Tekka the old man on Jakku who had the piece of the map. This explains the hug Leia and Rey had at the end of the movie and a little of the comment of Kylo stating "Han was the father you never had". Let's see in a year and a half if my prediction is correct

Ive seen it twice already the second time to dissect it. Here a few things I caught:

1. As a Jedi or force sensitive person, you can see forward and backwards in time. The visions Rey saw were in some sort hallway maybe in a first order ship or base. I believe this to be a hallway in starkiller base in the future before it blows up

That is the corridor that Vader and Luke duelled in on Cloud City. In that flashback you can also hear Luke's "nooooo" scream.

2. Next we see Rey left on Jakku when she was around 8 or 9. The clip was so fast I could not make out who she was left with. I als did not catch if she was screaming daddy or mommy. I say daddy my wife said mommy. And for sure it was not the falcon leaving. This was a past vision of course

Did that sound like Max von Sydow in that flashback? If so, Lor San Tekka must play some role in raising Rey...

4. The vision of Luke putting R2 into low power mode was too quick for me to see where they may be or who may be with them

I don't have attribution, but I have read that the scene with Luke and R2 was at the funeral pyre of Luke's wife.

That is the corridor that Vader and Luke duelled in on Cloud City. In that flashback you can also hear Luke's "nooooo" scream. Did that sound like Max von Sydow in that flashback? If so, Lor San Tekka must play some role in raising Rey...I don't have attribution, but I have read that the scene with Luke and R2 was at the funeral pyre of Luke's wife.

I just watched the empire strikes back last night and I thought the exact same thing when I saw the hallway in cloud city. Now it gets me thinking if Finn had something to do with Lando if they are showing future visions of a cloud city hallway. Like every other fan I'll have to wait for the dvd to listen for the sound of Luke saying noooooo

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I have seen this move 3 times now. Everybody look back at this post on May 18,2017 and let's see if my prediction is correct:

I believe Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. I think after "Ben" Solo aka Kylo Ren turned to the dark side it tore Han and Leia's relationship apart. After Han left, Leia realized she was pregnant with their second child. Being afraid of what happened to Ben, Leia put Rey into hidding with Lor San Tekka the old man on Jakku who had the piece of the map. This explains the hug Leia and Rey had at the end of the movie and a little of the comment of Kylo stating "Han was the father you never had". Let's see in a year and a half if my prediction is correct

I just watched it a second time, and I find this theory very interesting.  It explains that odd statement that Kylo made to Rey about Han being the "father you never had."  And, it was strange how much Rey knew about flying, and the operation of the Millennium Falcon. There definitely seemed to be a connection between Rey and Han. But, then there's the whole vision thing and Rey's ability to use Luke's lightsaber.  Remember how in the duel with Kylo, the lightsaber flew past him and into her hand?  If Rey and Kylo had the same parents, why would the lightsaber favor Rey?

Knowing what was coming, I watched the final scene between Han and Kylo very carefully.  Han was so passive in it, and it seemed like he knew what was about to happen, and that he was intentionally sacrificing himself.  But why?  One of my daughters say it was so Kylo would continue to rise in the First Order, and gain the position to destroy it when he finally turns from the dark side.

TCD