Well whadda ya know? Disney Food Blog has just posted a review of the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.  I'd imagine there are a few Fiends here that can chime in with their own thoughts and experiences.  8)

Full article...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/01/03/review-the-hoop-dee-doo-musical-revue-at-disney-worlds-fort-wilderness-campground/

Some excerpts...

Salad_Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical-Revue_15-04-6

Salad

Cornbread_Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical-Revue_15-

Corn Bread and butter

Fried-Chicken_Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical-Revue

Fried Chicken

Smoked-Barbecued-Pork-Ribs_Hoop-Dee-Doo-

Smoked Barbecued Pork Ribs

Strawberry-Shortcake_Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musica

Strawberry Shortcake

It's a good review.

I found the criticism of Category 3 seating interesting.

According to the author, Category 3 seating is in the balcony, and faces away from the stage.  I haven't heard of this, but this photo supports what the author is saying:

Category-Three_Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical-Revu

It's been a few years since I've splurged on the HDDMR, but my recollection from the last time we went is that Category 2 seating was on the main floor, but in the back, and Category 3 was in the balcony.  I've never heard of a table in the balcony that has guests seated with their backs to the stage.  I think those greedy so-and-so's added this seating to pack a few more guests in, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

TCD

Well, we went just last week.  Group of 8, only 1 of whom had ever been before.

We were seated at a round table in the center. I had my back to the stage and had to turn around the whole time. There was a duet about 3 inches from my face at one point. Boy, was the guy sweaty.  As someone into sewing, I spent most of that close-up time checking out how the girl's dress was made.

I have Celiac so had to request gluten free.  This means I did not get to enjoy the regular cornbread, fried chicken, or strawberry shortcake, but I heard they were all excellent.  There was some GF cornbread waiting when we sat down (along with the regular).  It didn't look great but it tasted okay.  Theoretically cornbread shouldn't be too hard to make GF and still be tasty.  

The chef came out and met me, told me what I could have. He said he'd bring some baked chicken out.  It was really good, but I'm sure the fried chicken was better.  He also said he'd make me a fruit plate for dessert.  Darnit, when I ate at Ohana a couple of years ago, the chef made me a chocolate lava cake and all my friends were jealous.

The ribs were a little dry.  I think everyone agreed they weren't great.  Mashed potatoes were excellent, and I even had two helpings of corn.

Oh, the sangria is not GF, so when I asked about cider, the waiter said he'd check if they had any. He came out with an Angry Orchard and offered me another when I finished that one, but I was incredibly stuffed at that point and wasn't sure I'd be able to ride my bike back. 

Everyone (4 adults, 4 kids aged 13-16) enjoyed the show. Some of them really got into the spoon on the washboard bit at the end.  I meant to ask the kids if any of them had any idea what the washboard was.

Oh, and the fruit plate had 2 sugar cookies on it as well as strawberries, watermelon, & blackberries. Had to double check with the waiter since the chef didn't mention the cookies.  

Not sure I would go back as it really expensive and I can't enjoy all the food and alcohol, but I'm glad to have gone once.

We went last Monday (the 28th) to the 8:30 show (Late shows get the TiW discount!).

Arrived at 8:10 for the seating and waited outside with everyone else in the warm weather.

23568780464_0e98141dfe_z.jpg

We must have been seated at the same table that CJHokie was, in the center.

23829153049_4f74aba267_z.jpg

Yuengling was cold, cornbread was hot and the salad was tasty..

23829161899_85663fe3ab_z.jpg

Meal was great, liked the fried chicken and yes, the ribs seemed dryer than I would have liked but they still tasted good. We enjoyed the show and were in the center of all the action.

24114371761_d09109c420_z.jpg

24196962175_8f01638c6d_z.jpg

24114370631_ae8c7fe85f_z.jpg

23901364640_db409e35b3_z.jpg

Totally got photobombed by Flora while I was attempting a selfie

23901370360_cf23cfcbba_z.jpg

We hadn't been since 2008 (when we saw our old FF friend Ben as Six Bits!) and really enjoyed the show. The players and musicians were in great form. I'd go see it in another several years.

Bonus photos of Pioneer Hall and Crockett's Tavern

23829161809_6e6a25844d_z.jpg

24170869726_b2d25504bf_z.jpg

23901368840_c88e3b4c94_z.jpg

24088928132_2abd19bf22_z.jpg

23829156509_f825940826_z.jpg

It's a good review.

I found the criticism of Category 3 seating interesting.

According to the author, Category 3 seating is in the balcony, and faces away from the stage.  I haven't heard of this, but this photo supports what the author is saying:

Category-Three_Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical-Revu

It's been a few years since I've splurged on the HDDMR, but my recollection from the last time we went is that Category 2 seating was on the main floor, but in the back, and Category 3 was in the balcony.  I've never heard of a table in the balcony that has guests seated with their backs to the stage.  I think those greedy so-and-so's added this seating to pack a few more guests in, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

TCD

Being the cheapo that I am I have only seen the HDDMR from Category 3 and I can testify that the chairs face away from the stage, BUT they swivel completely around to see.  So no you can't see while facing your plate but when you turn around you have a great view.  And as you can see in the picture i don't remember people seated on the opposite side of the table, it was definitely like that for us back in 2011 when CP and I were both on the same side by the railing.

We actually really liked the balcony seating and would do it again.

I remember those tables have been like that since 2007-2008 but I'm sure it goes back even further.

WBI

Being the cheapo that I am I have only seen the HDDMR from Category 3 and I can testify that the chairs face away from the stage, BUT they swivel completely around to see.  So no you can't see while facing your plate but when you turn around you have a great view.  And as you can see in the picture i don't remember people seated on the opposite side of the table, it was definitely like that for us back in 2011 when CP and I were both on the same side by the railing.

I remember those tables have been like that since 2007-2008 but I'm sure it goes back even further.

WBI

Well, I learned something new today.

I always thought the tables on the sides of the balcony were along the railing, and that guests sat at the tables facing the stage and main floor.

Good to know that you can still see the show well from up there.

TCD

We went last Monday (the 28th) to the 8:30 show (Late shows get the TiW discount!).

Arrived at 8:10 for the seating and waited outside with everyone else in the warm weather.

We must have been seated at the same table that CJHokie was, in the center.

Same night as us! We were 6:15. Probably passed you on the way out.

WBI

I did notice the seats upstairs swiveled and wondered why the one I was sitting in facing the rear of the restaurant did not.

We were in the balcony years ago back when we only had two daughters, so that was probably before a lot of you were even born.

I remember sitting between the railing and the table, don't remember if the seats swiveled or not.

We went again 4th of July 2014.  We had the Category 2 seating, which just means you're further back on the main floor.  There were 11 or 12 of us, and I had 5 in-laws in the balcony to the side of the stage.

We all had a blast.  My niece doesn't eat meat so they prepared her a huge plate of salmon fettuccini.

I didn't get as much to eat or drink as I thought I would, because I ended up on stage as Davy's Angel.

My granddaughters still laugh at me every time we walk by the entrance.