Well,

Im going through this same thing after we lost a tread on the way to Florida last month. Looks like either the g614 with all new wheels (totally out of the question because of price) or the Maxxis 808's have pretty good reviews. I think I'm going to get the 808's

I am with you on that... at least i only have 2 tires/ rims to replace when i want to upgrade

I already installed a 3 inch suspension lift to try an accommodate a larger rim/ tire combo

Actually when it comes down to it I have eight tires.  We have the big camper (35' Coachmen) which has four plus a spare and for going out into the back country we picked up an Aliner which is another two plus spare.  But, No matter what I do I don't think I'm going to be able to fit 16" tires under the Aliner.

Im going through this same thing after we lost a tread on the way to Florida last month. Looks like either the g614 with all new wheels (totally out of the question because of price) or the Maxxis 808's have pretty good reviews. I think I'm going to get the 808's

The other advantage of the G-614 is the speed rating.  The Maxxis and all other ST tires have speed ratings in the 62-65 MPH range while the G-614 is rated at 75.

Unless you have an extra heavy rig you don't need new rims. I'm only running 90 lbs on our FW, based on weight and Goodyear's pressure chart.

Unless you have an extra heavy rig you don't need new rims. I'm only running 90 lbs on our FW, based on weight and Goodyear's pressure chart.

He may have 15" rims.  The Goodyear G-614 ONLY comes in 16". 

This is my problem, I have 15" rims and want the G-614 - so the question is how bad do I wan them.  I figure $125 per rim plus, $5 per rim for a high pressure metal valve stem, plus $315 per tire plus, mounting/balancing.  The pluses add up quickly.

I bought 6 (2 for a spare) new Carlisle Radial RH tires 11 months ago.  I have the junky 205/75/15 - 5 lug size and basically  have no options.  My wheels have stamped inside of them Max 55 PSI so I stuck with this tire size and max psi of 50.  I have yet to find 15" 5 Lug trailer wheels that can accept higher air pressure.  If I replaced the hubs I could then utilize a 6 Lug wheel pattern and then I would be set.  The Carlisle tires have really done a 180 from their previous reputation.  I drive at 65 or under although some claim on RV forums they have a higher speed rating.  I also make sure they are set at 50 PSI.  They have been real phenomenal at holding pressure as well.  On Christmas day I checked the pressure and three were at 49 while the 4th was at 48.  I had checked them prior to that on Thanksgiving day and they were still at 50 psi.  I checked them last night when I got home and it's been cold here for the last week.  Last night the pressure was at 45 for all 4 tires.  Not bad for 30 degree temps. 

I convinced my boss to buy Maxxis tires for one of our cargo trailers and I have lost all tire credibility with him because 2 of them blew out on one trip and the next week a 3rd had tread separation.  To be fair though, we were travelling at 75+ mph and I'm pretty sure we were over the GVW of the trailer as we were loaded with the contents of a gun shop (Ammo, lead for reloading, etc.).  That trailer has the 205/75/15 tires as well.

I bought 6 (2 for a spare) new Carlisle Radial RH tires 11 months ago.  I have the junky 205/75/15 - 5 lug size and basically  have no options.  My wheels have stamped inside of them Max 55 PSI so I stuck with this tire size and max psi of 50.  I have yet to find 15" 5 Lug trailer wheels that can accept higher air pressure.  If I replaced the hubs I could then utilize a 6 Lug wheel pattern and then I would be set.  The Carlisle tires have really done a 180 from their previous reputation.  I drive at 65 or under although some claim on RV forums they have a higher speed rating.  I also make sure they are set at 50 PSI.  They have been real phenomenal at holding pressure as well.  On Christmas day I checked the pressure and three were at 49 while the 4th was at 48.  I had checked them prior to that on Thanksgiving day and they were still at 50 psi.  I checked them last night when I got home and it's been cold here for the last week.  Last night the pressure was at 45 for all 4 tires.  Not bad for 30 degree temps. 

I convinced my boss to buy Maxxis tires for one of our cargo trailers and I have lost all tire credibility with him because 2 of them blew out on one trip and the next week a 3rd had tread separation.  To be fair though, we were travelling at 75+ mph and I'm pretty sure we were over the GVW of the trailer as we were loaded with the contents of a gun shop (Ammo, lead for reloading, etc.).  That trailer has the 205/75/15 tires as well.

Check out Trailer Tires & Wheels in Ohio.  http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/15-5-lug-aluminum-trailer-wheels

They have 5 bolt aluminum rims rated at over 2,000 pounds which I think is higher than 50 PSI. 

If a rim is available, they will know about it.

I'm really surprised your fiver came with 5 lug 50 PSI rims.  it's so sad a manufacturer would do that.

Kenda Karrier makes a trailer tire in load range D which is maximum load of 2150 at 65MPH in a ST205/75R15

Best Regards,

Norm

The other advantage of the G-614 is the speed rating. The Maxxis and all other ST tires have speed ratings in the 62-65 MPH range while the G-614 is rated at 75.

That's not accurate. Goodyear Marathons and Maxxis m8008 tires can be taken up to 75moh based on air pressure increases and if your mm have additional weight carrying capacity. I believe that there are other ST tires that are rated at 75mph but the brands are eluding me right now.

Check out Trailer Tires & Wheels in Ohio.  http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/15-5-lug-aluminum-trailer-wheels

They have 5 bolt aluminum rims rated at over 2,000 pounds which I think is higher than 50 PSI. 

If a rim is available, they will know about it.

I'm really surprised your fiver came with 5 lug 50 PSI rims.  it's so sad a manufacturer would do that.

Thanks for the link.  If we end up staying stuck with this 5er I will probably look at this route when it's time for new tires again.  The reason I say stuck is Camping World messed up the paper work and titled it as a Sprinter instead of a Springdale.  When the newly fixed 'registration card' came to it was 'fixed' the PA card came back with a new field that said "Title Brands:  THEFT VEHICLE      MODIFIED VEHICLE".   I had to get the bank involved it helping me get this fixed because I was getting nowhere with them with phone calls and when I showed up at CW, they asked me to leave and when I refused to leave until they had new paperwork filled out to fix this they called the PA State Police and let me tell you, they got there in 15 minutes.  Anyways weeks later, I got a new card and the bank got a new title that omitted the THEFT VEHICLE part and I thought everything was good and the bank thought it was good until I tried to trade it in.....twice.  Both dealers (Not CW) took my particulars and VIN and copy of my registration and when they came back they said this 5er has some baggage as it's a "Branded Title".  Both lowballed me between $8-10k for a trade in on it and the bank has said I'm on my own and I should hire an attorney to fix this.  I argued that they should assist me again in this as the lienholder since if I default they have a RV worth a lot less then what is owed on it due to a screw up.  They just referred me to a few attorneys and well, it will cost me about $5-10K to fix it.  Not worth it...  So that's why I say I'm stuck with it unless I decide to try to sell it privately and keep my mouth shut about the title issue to the prospective buyer (which I don't think I will sleep well afterwards).  If they pay cash, I doubt it will ever show up, however if they need to finance, it will probably get turned down.  I pray weekly that the large tree falls on it or it catches on fire.

Anyway, it is a crying shame what Keystone did with the axles and tires on this.

GVW - 8215

"Dry Hitch" weight - 1215

Axles - 3500 each

Tires/Wheels - 1820 each.

Thanks for the link. If we end up staying stuck with this 5er I will probably look at this route when it's time for new tires again. The reason I say stuck is Camping World messed up the paper work and titled it as a Sprinter instead of a Springdale. When the newly fixed 'registration card' came to it was 'fixed' the PA card came back with a new field that said "Title Brands: THEFT VEHICLE MODIFIED VEHICLE". I had to get the bank involved it helping me get this fixed because I was getting nowhere with them with phone calls and when I showed up at CW, they asked me to leave and when I refused to leave until they had new paperwork filled out to fix this they called the PA State Police and let me tell you, they got there in 15 minutes. Anyways weeks later, I got a new card and the bank got a new title that omitted the THEFT VEHICLE part and I thought everything was good and the bank thought it was good until I tried to trade it in.....twice. Both dealers (Not CW) took my particulars and VIN and copy of my registration and when they came back they said this 5er has some baggage as it's a "Branded Title". Both lowballed me between $8-10k for a trade in on it and the bank has said I'm on my own and I should hire an attorney to fix this. I argued that they should assist me again in this as the lienholder since if I default they have a RV worth a lot less then what is owed on it due to a screw up. They just referred me to a few attorneys and well, it will cost me about $5-10K to fix it. Not worth it... So that's why I say I'm stuck with it unless I decide to try to sell it privately and keep my mouth shut about the title issue to the prospective buyer (which I don't think I will sleep well afterwards). If they pay cash, I doubt it will ever show up, however if they need to finance, it will probably get turned down. I pray weekly that the large tree falls on it or it catches on fire.

Anyway, it is a crying shame what Keystone did with the axles and tires on this.

GVW - 8215

Axles - 3500 each

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your title.

If I read this corectly, you have been issued a new clear title, but the online system still shows it "branded" in some way. I would first call/visit DMV and try to find out what their system actually says. If it is still branded "on line" with the DMV then continue on with my DMV advice.

But, the problem may not be with PA DMV.  There is an entity run by the US Department of Justice called the "National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)".   http://www.vehiclehistory.gov/index.html

States report title issues to them to be aggregated into reports that can be purchased by the public.  Think of CarFax, this is one of the places they get information.   It is entirely possible that when your title was "branded" it got reported to NMVTIS.  In a perfect world when the brand was cleared this was also reported to NMVTIS and it is now clear.  Did you get the values from the dealerships soon after teh title being cleared of the brand?  If so you may just need to try to get a trade value again and see if it is clear.  If not clear you could check with NMVTIS to see if they are where your issue is and get it cleared up there.  That will probably need to be done through the DMV, but you would know what you needed DMV to do.

DMV

As you have probably found out, the call center/desk folks at most DMV offices can only handle routine matters, but I have had experience in the past with title issues and have found the state DMV usually has auto theft investigators who deal with title fraud issues to be very helpful in fixing messes like this. The hard part is finding them sometimes as they are buried in the buracracy.

Looking around I found this phone list on line- https://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/document/1415638/department_of_transportation_doc

About 1/3 way down I found "DEPUTY SECRETARY FOR DRIVER AND VEHICLE SERVICES" and under that a listing for "Investigation & Fraud Prevention". I would give them a call being as nice as I could saying no one could help he with my issue.

Camping World Direct

On their "Contact Us" page they have the "Comments & Complaints Resolution Hotline"        https://www.campingworld.com/contact/contactus.cfm

It says "For concerns/issues that were not adequately addressed from previous contact with any Camping World channel of business."

Social Media

Marcus Lemonis is the CEO of Camping World. He loves saying on his reality show "The Profit" that he believes in great customer service. Letters, calls and tweets/Facebook posts to him may get things moving on the CW end.

https://www.facebook.com/marcus.lemonis/

That's not accurate. Goodyear Marathons and Maxxis m8008 tires can be taken up to 75moh based on air pressure increases and if your mm have additional weight carrying capacity. I believe that there are other ST tires that are rated at 75mph but the brands are eluding me right now.

I have westlake super S/T 185/80/R13 ST on my pup, they are load rated for 1710lbs and speed rated for 95MPH!

never will i ever go faster than 65 on them.

I want to get 15's on the pup, but i think the max i can fit will be 14's

there's a good lil calc that i have played with to see what i can fit

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

I most likely will go with a 205/75/R14 and will need new rims to accommodate the larger tire

Per the calc they will be 1.45 inches taller and .79 wider than what i currently have on there

if my thinking is correct I divide those by 2 when measuring for clearance in my wheel well  as we go from the hub up 

so.725 taller into the well than the current tire, and .245 wider 

Thanks for the link.  If we end up staying stuck with this 5er I will probably look at this route when it's time for new tires again.  The reason I say stuck is Camping World messed up the paper work and titled it as a Sprinter instead of a Springdale.  When the newly fixed 'registration card' came to it was 'fixed' the PA card came back with a new field that said "Title Brands:  THEFT VEHICLE      MODIFIED VEHICLE".   I had to get the bank involved it helping me get this fixed because I was getting nowhere with them with phone calls and when I showed up at CW, they asked me to leave and when I refused to leave until they had new paperwork filled out to fix this they called the PA State Police and let me tell you, they got there in 15 minutes.  Anyways weeks later, I got a new card and the bank got a new title that omitted the THEFT VEHICLE part and I thought everything was good and the bank thought it was good until I tried to trade it in.....twice.  Both dealers (Not CW) took my particulars and VIN and copy of my registration and when they came back they said this 5er has some baggage as it's a "Branded Title".  Both lowballed me between $8-10k for a trade in on it and the bank has said I'm on my own and I should hire an attorney to fix this.  I argued that they should assist me again in this as the lienholder since if I default they have a RV worth a lot less then what is owed on it due to a screw up.  They just referred me to a few attorneys and well, it will cost me about $5-10K to fix it.  Not worth it...  So that's why I say I'm stuck with it unless I decide to try to sell it privately and keep my mouth shut about the title issue to the prospective buyer (which I don't think I will sleep well afterwards).  If they pay cash, I doubt it will ever show up, however if they need to finance, it will probably get turned down.  I pray weekly that the large tree falls on it or it catches on fire.

GVW - 8215

Axles - 3500 each

Have you tried selling it back to CW? I am courious what they would do.

GVW - 8215

Axles - 3500 each

Oh my gosh... I am so, so sorry  :(

GVW - 8215

Axles - 3500 each

I would also write a letter to the local Better Business Bureau.

I was having a problem with a 2nd mortgage payment check that a company cashed, but did not credit to my account. After months and months of sending them copies of the cancelled check, talking to CS representatives till I was blue in the face, and also having my bank bill payment service contacting them, I was getting nowhere. (the endorsement stamp on the back of the check was blurred, so it was hard for them to see how the payment was processed, and they flatly refused to research their system for the payment). I wrote a letter to the BBB. Two weeks later, my account was credited and all late charges were removed. (However, I never got an apology, so almost immediately, refinanced to ditch the company and will never use them again).

A couple of months ago, I replaced the tires on my camper with the Carlisle Radial RH tires as well.  VERY nice tires so far.  Speed limit of 87 MPH instead of the normal 65 (not that I want to tow that fast), a seemingly more rugged design than the previous junk tires I had, and they tow great.  Hopefully, my experience will be good over the long run.

The cheap tires that came with my trailer served me well.  I got over 7,000 miles on them, from Florida to Arizona and Utah, and in September a trip to Tennessee.  However, after the trip to Tennessee, I noticed a slit in the tire tread about 4 inches long, and DEEP.  It got me home so I can't complain.  To tie in to what others said about the typical small margins in tire weight ratings, I have a light trailer.  At 24' it 's dry weight is about 3500 pounds, and I weigh in at around 4500.  The trailer has a GVWR of 5,000 pounds (the coupler rating) and two tandem 3500 pound axles.  So the tires are weight class C, 1750 pounds, which equals a total weight limit for the tires of 7,000 pounds.  Accounting for tongue weight, I am running about 4,000 pounds on the tires, which have a total weight rating of 7,000.  I'm at less than 60% of the weight rating, which explains why I did well even with the junk tires, and I wasn't stranded after cutting the tire.  Many campers are above 90% of their tire limits.  That's why so many people have tire issues.  So calculate the load on your tires and see how close you are to your weight limits.  If you are within 10%, or over, than I would consider upgrading the tire weight class.