I think it all depends on the time of year, if it's just a regular week (no school holidays or such) Fridays seem to be a lot of Florida people checking in. If it's spring break or a school holiday Sundays and Mondays may be a bit busier with people using the weekends at their travel days.

For us at least it seems the ealier in the day the better for check in, though you may not have as many site options.

We've always checked in on a Sunday and have never had any problems getting a site we wanted. The check-in line has been long and non-existent so I'm not sure there is any really good arrival time other than maybe early to mid-morning. From the walks we take there are always some empty sites during the week but keep in mind we visit during off times. I expect things like spring break, holidays or summer to be full regardless of the day.

Looking forward to arriving mid day (and mid week) for the next trip.  The last few trips we have arrived Friday nights after 10:00.  Took over an hour to check in last time.  Serious line, few CMs.

Looking forward to arriving mid day (and mid week) for the next trip.  The last few trips we have arrived Friday nights after 10:00.  Took over an hour to check in last time.  Serious line, few CMs.

Some people have said they got checked in a lot faster by going inside where the cabin people check in. We used to rent cabins and there was usually a line, but they had 3 or 4 CMs working the counter.

Just an idea.

Some people have said they got checked in a lot faster by going inside where the cabin people check in. We used to rent cabins and there was usually a line, but they had 3 or 4 CMs working the counter.

Just an idea.

True, but only until a certain time at night.  When we have gotten there 9 pm or later there are no CMs outside.  Everyone has to go in.  When we just had the tent we learned to park in the car lot and walk in.  Pulling the camper means we have to queue in with the big RVs or at least pull over to the side in that area.  Leaving your RV in line and going in to one of two open desks means someone will end up done and waiting for the person parked in front of them to get done.  This last time there was no available CM to open the arms so we managed to get turned around and drove through the regular parking lot. That was the weekend before Thanksgiving week.  Seven campers in line at 11:00pm.  

Just an idea.

We were redirected there or last trip and I would guess it saved us over 30 minutes of waiting in the entrance line. When things are backed up I think it would be a great idea for anybody without a trailer or RV since cars can park pretty close to the office. If you have an RV or trailer YMMV depending upon available parking or if you are willing to be a scoff law like me.   :ph34r: