Colcannon Soup Recipe - Raglan Road

From the Disney Food Blog.  I've been making lots of soups lately and I think I need to put this one into the rotation.

Disney Recipe: Colcannon Soup from Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant

It’s c-c-cold out there, and wouldn’t some buttery, creamy soup hit the spot? Here’s a great option from Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant.

From their creamy Wild Forest Mushroom Chowder to their Potato Soup, every single soup I’ve tried at the Disney Springs hotspot has been incredible (mostly due to the copious amounts of butter and cream involved). And today, we’re sharing with you another must-have recipe.

Colcannon Potatoes — a traditional mixture of silky mashed potatoes and cabbage — are one of the classic Irish sides that you can enjoy at the Pub. But they also serve as inspiration for this warming Colcannon Soup.

Winter is with us for a few more months, so take the opportunity to whip up a batch of this indulgent soup for your next evening in.

Colcannon Soup Served at Dunbrody Country House Hotel

Colcannon Soup Served at Dunbrody Country House Hotel

Colcannon Soup

Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
2oz streaky bacon (regular bacon is fine)
Diced 1 onion, finely chopped
8oz potatoes, diced
1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
5½oz Savoy cabbage, thick stalks removed and shredded
generous 3 cups vegetable stock or water, heated
2/3 cup cream
2 tablespoons butter, diced and at room temperature

Instructions:

1. Heat a large pan and saute the bacon over a medium to high heat for a couple minutes. Reduce to a low heat, then add the onion, potatoes, leek and cabbage. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes until well softened but not coloured, stirring occasionally. Pour the warm vegetable stock or water into the cabbage mixture and bring to the boil, then season to taste. Stir in the cream and simmer for a few minutes until the soup has a creamy texture.

2. Remove the soup from the heat and whisk in the butter. It is important not to re-boil the soup once the butter has been added, or you’ll find it will curdle. Ladle the colcannon soup into cappuccino cups or serving bowls.

Recipe Courtesy Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/01/26/disney-recipe-colcannon-soup-from-raglan-road-irish-pub-and-restaurant/