Fun Free (or cheap) things to do at the Fort

I know we had another thread like this at one point, but let's start a new one.

For us....

Laying in a hammock 

Taking Z on a playground tour where he spends time at each one

Watching wishes from the beach

I'm leaving lots of our favorites off because it's your turn....

This isn't actually a free thing AT the Fort, but we did this while staying at the Fort.  One of the most fun days we had when my kids were around 10 & 12 was go on an adventure visiting several other resorts. We rode on a boat, bus and monorail, saw lots of things (especially the animals at AKL) and only spent $ on lunch in the Polynesian quick serve and a snack. There's so much to see at WDW that's not in the parks. And we weren't in a hurry to get to the next thing like in the parks so it was a very relaxing day spent together.

At the Fort, Wishes from the beach is also a favorite. And the Electrical Water Pageant. I remember seeing it from the beach when I was a kid in the 1970s and now my kids have that memory too. 

I was beaten to the Electrical Water Pageant. I know folks say it is dated but I like having some things that don't change.

Depending upon the season exploring the Fort Wilderness Railroad. Resort hopping via Disney transportation which might or might not be free/inexpensive based on your personal spending habits.

• 2 weeks later...

Going over to the horse barn, and seeing the massive Clydesdales.

Making coffee and breakfast on our camping cook stove each morning.

Watching the deer, turkeys, and other wildlife seamlessly live amongst the campground

"Window shopping" at the general stores, and seeing what new items have come out since our last visit. Who am I kidding, probably not free, considering we always leave with something!

Looping during the holidays!

Last but not least, That first beer after setting up the campsite, and sitting back in my Gator chair, listening to all the sounds FW has to offer.

Going to check out River Country for the first time. We all "ohh'd and ahh'd" at what we could see through the fence.

A shower is just spitting water out:

fc2446e12baf11c1aedd3491dc7130c5.jpg

The pool:

6746b4b78b8600feb60733d622d2a8d4.jpg

My mother-in-law risking her phone to the wrong side of the fence:

ab4a32073a35769d241b4cb19fdc7aa8.jpg

And finally, the BBQ Pavilion:

b8aadf70eb002c88fac402fa27137e41.jpg

And then we were chased out by the fuzz.

11 hours ago, pezheadval said:

Oh yes.  We do always say Hi to River Country...and usually use the River Country bathroom.  One of the strange little things that I like to do.  lol 

That River Country bathroom was a unique experience. I did like that they still had the "showers" sign up, but that all appears to be walled off.