Disney Supports "Paws in the Park" Event

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Walt Disney World Dogs Pack Shows Its Love of Paws

posted on February 18th, 2016 by Andrea Finger, Director of Communications

With two very energetic and playful tabby cats (named Pinkie and Index), it would be easy to assume that I’m a cat lover. But I’m also a HUGE fan of dogs, just like many of my fellow Walt Disney World Cast Members.

difh2022

This past weekend in downtown Orlando, hundreds of them leashed up their canine buddies for the annual Paws in the Park event to support Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando. The nonprofit provides care for more than 8,000 homeless dogs and cats, matching many of them for adoption in good homes. Our own Disney Dogs Pack turned out to be the “Top Dog” this year, raising over $17,000 for this woof-worthy cause.

difh031

Of course, there was one Disney dog who wouldn’t dream of missing this event. Mickey Mouse’s pal, Pluto, posed for photos with other “ paw-ticipants” and showed some puppy love – after all, it was the day before Valentine’s Day.

difh2333

In addition, parents, children and their best friends enjoyed bonding time together in the Disney Kids and Family Zone. They engaged in a variety of interactive activities such as solving puzzles, and learning about conservation and healthy living.

To watch more of the fun events, take a quick look at this video.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/02/walt-disney-world-dogs-pack-shows-its-love-of-paws/