Not a Fort Question but I trust board

I 2nd River Plantation as it is right on the edge of Pigeon Forge with great things to do.  You are close enough to go all around town, but do not have to fight the traffic just to get to your campground.

If you want something a little out of town check out Anchor Down RV resort.  It sits right on Lake Dandridge and is absolutely beautiful.   Only downfall is that they do not have large trees so it can be very hot in the summer.

In my opinion both are great.  It will be a matter of who has availability as I am sure both places are booked full for the 4th!

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

We like River Plantation in Sevierville.

Another vote for River Plantation. It has been our "go to" for weekends up there since 2009. Ownership or management changed a couple years ago and now they are part of RVC Outdoors. They have made several improvements since changing like adding a small lazy river and starting to pave the internal roads. 

The downside is you need to reserve things in Pigeon Forge as far out as you can for holiday weekends, the fill up FAST.

3 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

Another vote for River Plantation. It has been our "go to" for weekends up there since 2009. Ownership or management changed a couple years ago and now they are part of RVC Outdoors. They have made several improvements since changing like adding a small lazy river and starting to pave the internal roads. 

The downside is you need to reserve things in Pigeon Forge as far out as you can for holiday weekends, the fill up FAST.

I'll have to check this place out.  How is the traffic around the campground?  I know Pigeon Forge itself can get very busy.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

I'll have to check this place out.  How is the traffic around the campground?  I know Pigeon Forge itself can get very busy.

As with the whole area, sometimes a little hectic, but not usually as bad as Downtown.

21 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Its not as bad as downtown, since the CG is a few miles before you get that far. But if it's a busy weekend up there, it's hard to escape the traffic. 
And for my money it's still the best deal for a campground in the area even after going to "seasonal" pricing.