I just got back from the Fort, rented a cabin for a business trip.  I have to say the billing at the Fort and all of WDW drives me crazy.  I pay 100% of the bill for the room/tax etc... when I arrive, then they put all of the costs back on the bill when I check out and mix in all of the other charges.  It takes 30 minutes to figure out what I spent while I was there, what I already paid for etc...  I wish they would change the billing over to the way other hotels do it.  Marriott for example will list the total room balance at the top and show it paid then start a zero sum from that point forward, so the bottom line is what you spend while you where there.

I may be the only one that feels this way, but I thought I would vent a little today.  Leaving in 3 weeks with the RV for Spring Break at the Fort.  Cannot wait (but do not want to look at the bill again).

Fortunately, nowadays if you add the guests in advance, and you are all linked properly through MDE, individuals can add their own cards to their own Magic Bands.

I don't have too much trouble reading the bill.

However, the couple of rare times I have used WDW hotels for business travel, I have made it a point NOT to use the cards/bands for room charging. My company doesn't need to know what my ancillary charges are, none of their business.

5 hours ago, halla said:

in March, my parents will join us for spring break.  Everyone uses their magic bands and charge back to the bill, so we will spend the last night of the trip trying to decide who owes what and it is guaranteed to be a great evening.  :rolleyes:

When you check in, you can set their bands on their own card. I've done that with friends before.