Okay Fiends, we are now...

a DOG family!  A few of you may have remembered our conversations about Bailey being terrified of dogs; then (about 9 months ago) that fear turned to passion and she's been asking us for one...everyday since.   Well, yesterday this mama gave in when we found this sweet pup (we've been searching rescues/pounds for 3 weeks). 

Meet Simon.  He's approximately 3 years old and said to be a Shih Tzu, but I think he may have a little Maltese in him.  He's been home with us for about 16 hours and so far is very, very sweet.  He's handling our two little ones, pretty darn well :)

Here's the newest Fiend Pup:

DSC_0001_zpsn0syoo1k.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks!   Yes Mo, he is VERY loved... maybe a bit too much by our daughter (I'm finding that I have to save the pup from her "love" from time-to-time, haha ).

I have in the past used boiled ground beef/ground turkey/or ground chicken and rice for my dogs with upset stomaches.  Minnie was on that diet for about a week after she had an intestinal blockage abo

The vet wasn't sure.  She said he "looked good" (perky, good weight, no dehydration... etc).  She wants me to bring in a fecal sample so they can test for worms.  She gave me some medicine (basically

Thanks Fiends!

Haha... yes, he does look like a Ewok :)

So far, he's been a good pup.  Our kids (especially Bailey) have been loving on him.... A LOT.  I actually have to tell them to leave him alone, so the poor pup can get a break!  :)

We changed his name to Simon after adopting him.  I found the name as I was looking through Biblical boy names for pups and came across Simon which referrenced a verse in Matthew that said, "he hears and he obeys".  I told him, "We're speaking that over you!  You'll hear and you will obey!  Your name is Simon".   Haha  :)

Simon is a great name! 

What we've done in the past with our dogs when they need a break from the action, is setup a crate in an out-of-the-way corner and just leave the door open. We don't have kids, but when we've had my nephews visit, they were always told they weren't allowed to bother the dog when s/he was "resting" in the crate.  Before long, all our dogs figured out that if things got to be too much for them, they had a place to go chill out.  :)

On 2/29/2016 at 8:39 PM, dvccamper said:

For some reason... when I try to reply, this (above) keeps showing up.  Who knows.

Thanks Mo.  Yeah, we have a crate for him so he can have that quiet time.  As of yet, he has not "offered" to go in there (only does so, when I put him in there ;) ).

He threw up this morning.  Everything else seems fine........should I be concerned??  Our son was there and now he's completely freaked out by the dog.  Lovely. 

5 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

For some reason... when I try to reply, this (above) keeps showing up.  Who knows.

Thanks Mo.  Yeah, we have a crate for him so he can have that quiet time.  As of yet, he has not "offered" to go in there (only does so, when I put him in there ;) ).

He threw up this morning.  Everything else seems fine........should I be concerned??  Our son was there and now he's completely freaked out by the dog.  Lovely. 

Just once, no, multiple times yes.  Treat him like a kid.

Could have been something he ate, have you changed foods?  Could have found a bug, plant, grass that didn't agree with him.

Twice... but basically back-to-back.  Threw up on the couch (thankfully, on a pillow) jumped down and threw up on the floor.  We are giving him the same food that the rescue center gave him (Hills Science Diet). It does seem like he eats quickly, of course.... he only gets a 1/2 cup so, how long should that really take?

We have a "meet the vet" visit tomorrow; I'll bring it up there.  Hopefully it doesn't happen again!   Cats are so much easier... I get cats.  Dogs are a whole different breed... yes, I just heard it :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Twice... but basically back-to-back.  Threw up on the couch (thankfully, on a pillow) jumped down and threw up on the floor.  We are giving him the same food that the rescue center gave him (Hills Science Diet). It does seem like he eats quickly, of course.... he only gets a 1/2 cup so, how long should that really take?

We have a "meet the vet" visit tomorrow; I'll bring it up there.  Hopefully it doesn't happen again!   Cats are so much easier... I get cats.  Dogs are a whole different breed... yes, I just heard it :rolleyes:

So those 2 really count as 1 :P  Could be a million reasons why.  Ask the vet, don't over think it until then. As for eating too fast, I've seen people put tennis balls in the food bowls (dry food) and the dog has to nudge it out of the way slowing down their eating. Sure, cats are soooo much easier, they drop a dead bird at your feet, or at least when they throw up you see 1/2 the mouse they ate! :lol: