Big Vaca with a Big Family

Hi everyone!  New roof has to be done, but we needed one anyway.  It came in cheaper than we thought so we went ahead and got a camper.  We got a really good deal and we are really excited.  So the trip is back on!!  

It's a Jayco 29QBH.  Its a 2012.  We like the new model better but not enough for the price difference. 

3CE00759-8F8D-4911-BABC-9FCDDAB3DE05_zps

CF1D264F-2983-4664-9D40-7D3EFF22E968_zps

3F3D311A-453B-49CF-B25C-7401CE34316D_zps

13 hours ago, BouncingTiggers .... Steve said:

Thanks.  We thought about one of those but I'm worried it would take up too much room in the floor.  

We used the one we bought at IKEA.  I'm on my phone, so I can't figure how to link...but if you have an IKEA near you, we loved ours.  It was cheap and very lightweight (so easy to haul around).  The legs come off easily, which is nice if needed for storage and you don't have to buy/use the tray if you're trying to save space.  We bought a white one and I think the chair itself was around $15.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, So after a crazy Spring filled with tons of little league baseball, my brothers graduation in Tennessee and his wedding in North Alabama.  We entered into our boys birthday month, yes all three boys have July birthdays, sick.  Party went off successfully but we had a brief hospital visit by myself, stomach virus, strep throat, and a fever virus all in the month of July.  Fun times.  We are praying the oldest is doing better!  We are about a week out from our trip.  I'm so overwhelmed with my packing and to do list and little bit starts school Monday.  If you didn't know we homeschool but our youngest is hard of hearing and came to us via adoption so he's a little delayed in the speech department.  So he's attending a special program that is basically like speech therapy all day everyday.  This is my first time leaving one of my kids anywhere other than the grandparents so I'm sure I'll boohoo, but we are excited and know it is the right thing for him.  So... He will miss two weeks for our trip but we think he'll survive.  :) 

Our itinerary is pretty much done...

We will be doing a Scenic boat tour of Yellowstone Lake, a fishing charter (A LOT cheaper than you would think) for all of us, an evening Wildlife Tour, all of the regular Yellowstone highlights.  Then to Denver where we will do Pikes peak and Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Estes Park, tubing in Golden, Idaho Springs, and hanging out with my sister and her hubby.  

We are very excited!  Prayers for safe travels, good health, good weather, and sanity please!