January vs February which and why? Disney world trip.

We are looking into Jan or Feb of 2017.  We have gone in march, april, Oct, Nov-Dec, and early December.  Hubs wants to try February and I said how about Jan.   Working around DD school schedule.  We would be traveling either MLK weekend and then staying that week or Presidents day weekend.  Im trying to only take her out of school 4 days.  (she is a straight A student but we are in a new school this upcoming year)   I need weather, crowds, closures, basically what you liked and didn't like about this time period or if we need to take her out on a full week.     No bashing.  If it is really bad pm me. 

Thanks

January is better price wise, crowd wise, BUT the weather can be iffy. I've been warm in January, I've frozen my tail off in January.

February, the weather is more likely to be be beautiful, but I've also frozen my tail off. Those holiday weekends, the crowds can be bad, but you will be traveling, so it will die down right after the holiday.  The Friday before Presidents day, the rates jump WAAAY up to Holiday rates and run that way until late April.

46 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But March this year is premium rates and crowds because of a fairly early Easter and even earlier Spring Breaks

Mostly referring to weather, has always been great around end of March.

4 minutes ago, jayco1 said:

Mostly referring to weather, has always been great around end of March.

True.  But I think our Spring weather has come and gone.  We are going to be in the low to mid 80s this week again.  We hit 80 a couple weeks ago, then it dropped back down to the chilly mid to high 70s. B)

On March 8, 2016 at 9:25 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

January is better price wise, crowd wise, BUT the weather can be iffy. I've been warm in January, I've frozen my tail off in January.

February, the weather is more likely to be be beautiful, but I've also frozen my tail off. Those holiday weekends, the crowds can be bad, but you will be traveling, so it will die down right after the holiday.  The Friday before Presidents day, the rates jump WAAAY up to Holiday rates and run that way until late April.

Price is a consideration of course.  Weather will be better than home.  Just wanting to try something different.   With Jan having better prices it would make the trip doable.   

We are sending DD to private school so we didn't think a trip was doable, but hubs knows I like to go every other year or so.  

If you're interested in weather and crowds, Josh's crowd calendars http://www.easywdw.com/easy/crowd-calendars/ have average weather and crowds. 

We did a January trip and it rained A LOT. It was cold enough that we had to wear our winter coats. I did a trip report about it if you want to see specifics. 

Even with the bad weather, I'd go again during that time in a heartbeat! Florida weather is so unpredictable. 

If it's private school do they have any random time off? When I was in private school we had some weird random long weekend that was great because most people weren't off.

we were just there 2/27-3/1 and the weather was fantastic.  Jeans and tshirts during the day but needed a sweat jacket when the sun went down.

Back when my kids were younger we used to go in January when they were off track. I seem to recall what my brother called cold was daytime temps in the 60's and  high 40's to 50's at night. To us those temps were fine as they were still warmer than what we left here in NC. We've thought about making our next trip a mid-January one but it wouldn't happen until 2018 if we manage to make the long trip we've planned to go out west next year.

Price is a consideration of course.  Weather will be better than home.  Just wanting to try something different.   With Jan having better prices it would make the trip doable.   

We are sending DD to private school so we didn't think a trip was doable, but hubs knows I like to go every other year or so.  

To help with costs look into the Disney Youth Education programs. They often have the Individual Enrollment classes during that time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I keep checking the schools current schedule to find the magic days off but had not found anything.  They give a week at Easter which our old school just does Friday and Monday.   I think that is where their extra days are.   

It is mostly days out of school that I am looking for.  This last Christmas we pulled her for 7 day which turned in 8 (24 bug on the way home). Now Dd has had a run of viruses with fevers and is at 12 days out.   She is at the top of the class but still don't want any problems with the school.  So looking for same trip days wise, just less days out of school for her. 

15 hours ago, Beckers said:

Adam had perfect attendance (for the first 7 weeks lol). I yanked him for 5 days for vacations and he's since missed 6 for being sick. Oops.

I know.  This has been her sickest year except for when she was 4..   So I guess I need to watch for year 12 if we are going in multiple of 4s.     

We've done a few early year trips. I think this past year was the coldest one, but we didn't have any below freezing nights. We had one some years ago where we had to undo the hose and had an icicle from it in the morning. This January there was a site that had a moat between it and the road on a couple of mornings.

January can be great however, in the past, it has been a popular time for large tour groups and cheer competitons.  If you work around that then it should be good.  I took my kids out of school years ago and January was near deserted...oh how times change!

1 hour ago, Hammer bird said:

January can be great however, in the past, it has been a popular time for large tour groups and cheer competitons.  If you work around that then it should be good.  I took my kids out of school years ago and January was near deserted...oh how times change!

That is sort of our problem.  We use to go the first full week in December, but someone told.  Lol now we are trying for a quieter time.    Will have to check on those cheerleaders.  Ran into those one trip and wow, they cheered everywhere.  In line, on the ride, before eating.   I didn't mind but hubs got annoyed.