Anyone at the Fort now for Spring Break?

Have fun and enjoy your trip. I wish I could answer your questions for you (since that would mean I was at the Fort) unfortunately I cant. I'm not aware of any parades this time of year unless there is a St Patrick's day or Easter parade but not that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hammer bird said:

I'm arriving in a few days!  Just wondering if anyone is at the  Fort now and if it's really crazy.  Also are there crazy cart parades this time of year?

We check in on the 22nd, how long are you there?  We should be in the 200 loop we will post our site in the site thread.

We have been to The Fort several times at Spring Break and Easter but I don't remember a cart parade.  However the Easter activities are pretty good.  It is usually very full.

20 hours ago, jrbdad said:

Looks like you guys are enjoying it.   Hopefully we get that spot.

I hope so too, you will love it.   We initially requested 619 (which we love but beware, it is one of the few good spots on 600 loop), instead they had us on 611 which was a no go. I did some research and had backup sites that fiends have recommended...as luck would have it, the first one was 1429 and we got it!  Here are my notes about 1400 loop.  

1429 - backs up to canal and very peaceful

1435 - watch movie from site but could get loud, plenty of room though

1439 - Nice and large

1441 - Is private and nice

I will add that the in-laws stayed in 1432 and liked it a lot...it has path to the meadows in the back of the site, but can get a little loud from the movie as well.

Also, we arrived to check in around 10:30am...the earlier the better since there are more sites to choose from.

It's been busy so far with a seemingly different not so friendly kind of vibe. There is a major fiesta in the site next to me. They were forraging for firewood in my site and shooting archery into a practice bail aiming at my wife and I during dinner. They seem like nice ppl though so pick your battles this weekend.

On March 23, 2016 at 8:04 PM, PGHFiend said:

It's been busy so far with a seemingly different not so friendly kind of vibe. There is a major fiesta in the site next to me. They were forraging for firewood in my site and shooting archery into a practice bail aiming at my wife and I during dinner. They seem like nice ppl though so pick your battles this weekend.

You are much more of a patient person than me my friend.  I have peace and quiet on the 1100 loop

Shooting archery at a practice bail? Wow the firewood would be one thing but I think I'd have to say something to them or a CM about the archery. Not that I have anything against archery we have several bows and a crossbow but the Fort or really any other campground would not be a safe place for that unless in an area designated to do so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They had a bail, and what looked to be like gym class bows and arrows. They must have been shooting while i was cooking on my camp grill, but I didn't  notice until  we sat down at the picnic table on the coquina. I yelled "hey boys" and pointed a motion t9 shoot the other way and the parents put a stop to it.  To me, it would  be strange to even consider bringing that with me in the first place.