I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my BAL Leveler!!! Best gadget EVER for my camper!!

I park the camper, turn it whatever direction I want, figure out the low side and crank it up!!

(Did I say I LOVE my BAL!!)

Oh, and if you get one, go on ebay and find you a "Large Pizza Delivery Bag". Perfect size for storage and keeps the threads on the riser clean and keeps the grease on the threads on the riser off of everything else

18 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Seems to me to be more work and a lot more expensive than the board method.

More expensive by far, but I don't know if I would agree with the more work part.  It seems so simple and quick!  Leveling from side to side is the part of setting up our camper that I hate the most.  Granted I'm pretty new to the game and don't have a ton of experience. 

3 minutes ago, WrigleysWagon said:

More expensive by far, but I don't know if I would agree with the more work part.  It seems so simple and quick!  Leveling from side to side is the part of setting up our camper that I hate the most.  Granted I'm pretty new to the game and don't have a ton of experience. 

I got mine for $50 off Craigslist.

$50 off craigslist for me too. I sold the pup but I still have that for future camper. I had my drill all set up to use it and I had a socket adaptor for raising the pup up and down. Made my set up much easier. I liked being able to place the camper where ever I wanted adn then just slide the BAL in place and rasie it till level. And it was way more stable and much less motion than when I was using the boards. 

Camping world was just the first link I saw to copy so you could see what I was talking about.  I've been interested in this for a while.  The negatives I hear about it are pretty consistant.  Most people talk about the screw and/or the nut that it runs through stripping out rather easily.  Is this something that can be replaced with something of higher quality.  Or are the reports of failure over stated?  I think I'm sold on the idea after seeing the recommendations here.  The craigslist hunt is on.

There are MANY folks on my T@B group(s) that use this leveler, and within our group have NEVER heard of the screw/nut stripping. The trailers we are using have 15 - 16" tires and weigh about 2000 lbs. I have had mine for about 7 years, and have never lubricated the screw and generally treat it pretty badly and have had NO problems.

Just a quick Google search it seems like you will be fine. There are not specs, but queries to the factory get answers of trailers about 3500 lbs. Someone else got an answer of 1750 actually lifting, but one wheel stays on the ground and the tongue stays on the ground, so really only lifting a portion of that 3500 lbs.

We used one on our popup which weighs #3250.  However, one late night we were parked on a slight slant and I forgot to chock the other wheels very well and camper shifted and rolled enough that it bent the BAL. That SPUT (Stupid Pop Up Trick) was scary and expensive as it ruined our BAL. So chock the other wheel very well.  We are back to Lynx Levelers.

A Sam's Club insulated bag works well for storage.

First thing I bought for our pop up when we bought it and I gave it to my brother when he bought our pop up. I wish they made a double axle one, so much easier than the boards and levelers and no guessing. Also, if you buy a pizza carrying bag they fit right in there for storage.

Best Regards,

Norm