Train Cars Found Near Wilderness Lodge

While Jen was at the Fort last week, she met up with an old friend of hers who gave her the scoop on some train cars found by the construction workers working on the new Wilderness Lodge DVC expansion.

They told Arthur they found these two ore rail cars tucked away in the woods and no one knows their origin.

26069106901_a3fb840965_b.jpg

Arthur is trying to contact David Leaphart, the author that's written a few books about the Fort Wilderness railroad, to see if he might know anything about these.

Jen's dad has a theory on what these may be... "he says that the cars are narrow guage, but he never remembers seeing them with the train at fw...he does remember seeing cars similar to that at thunder mountain when it first opened, but it is a faint memory and he cant quite picture where or why...he thinks they may have made them for props and then discarded them in refurb and dumped them in the woods because they didn't have room for them"

Anyone have any speculation or insight?

And HUGE thanks to Arthur for sharing this and giving us permission to post!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps.   But I also have another theory.  Could it be that Walt and Roy raised the funds to build WDW by mining phosphate around Bay Lake with slave dwarf labor?  And as much as they tried to c

DH says they were at Thunder Mountain as show pieces when he was working on maintenance control systems and Thunder Mountain was their test site.  The reason they are where they are now is. "I have no

Crap.  If the entrance to my mine is discovered, I will have to take drastic measures.  I have notified my head of security and his six coworkers to keep an eye out for interlopers.

Hopefully they reuse them for props somewhere on property. It's odd they would have been put there though. I would think that they must have been there before the lodge was built. I imagine there's probably lots of stuff hidden in the woods around disney property.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree, but I bet there is TONS of stuff spread across the property that no one knows about or has been forgotten. Especially construction stuff. There is a LOT of subcontracting going on, especially in their construction areas. Some worker shoved those things out of the way many years ago, then the company he worked for moved onto the next job.

Thanks Mo for posting this for me.  Sometimes the day job gets in the way, lol.

I don't have any recollection of seeing these cars with the FWRR, although they are the same narrow gauge.  Most of my memories, even though I would love for them to be better, are fuzzy. 

I told Arthur that I sure wish my grandfather was still here with us on Earth, as we would have had this mystery solved already.  His three favorite things on property were the FWRR, the WDWRR and Thunder Mountain RR.  (in that order)  He knew all three like the back of his hand.

Arthur also just sent me this picture and asked if anyone (hint hint, TCD you can come answer this question now) knew the answer to this question.

Where did this go?  The last time we saw it, it was parked "backstage" at the Fort behind the Settlement Trading Post.  Does anyone know?

12895317_10208768118897281_432445513_n.j

44 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

Arthur also just sent me this picture and asked if anyone (hint hint, TCD you can come answer this question now) knew the answer to this question.

Where did this go?  The last time we saw it, it was parked "backstage" at the Fort behind the Settlement Trading Post.  Does anyone know?

12895317_10208768118897281_432445513_n.j

Last I remember seeing a pic of this it was in the maintenance area up near the outpost behind the trail ride stables. 

If I remember correctly I read while looking up past attractions that when the Admiral Joe Fowler river boat was dropped in drydock it was broken up and pieces of it that were not reused were buried on property. So these could have been from an attraction, old props or extras that were just discarded. I'm really interested to find out and hope we do what and where these are from though. As well as what happens to them.

Fingers crossed they hid the BAH well enough it will never be found!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk