1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

NaCole, what are your dates?  Are you still arriving on 9/24?  We need to reschedule our TE breakfast.

Yes and yes...although I may talk to Tom about coming in a few days early (counting on your help to back me in again ?).  Need to talk to Jason about that as well.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes and yes...although I may talk to Tom about coming in a few days early (counting on your help to back me in again ?).  Need to talk to Jason about that as well.

As long as we're there at the Fort, we will be there to help you back in!  Hopefully in the 700 loop.

11 hours ago, caveat lector said:

I'm happy your truck is fixed

I'm sad for you that the trip is over

I'm saving this thread in case I have a problem with my truck ;)

Haha... thanks.

Unfortunately, the check engine light came back ON while driving home yesterday however... we were able to make it home without having to stop for repairs.  It's going back to Ford again today.  Hopefully they'll figure it out and the repair is not expensive :mellow:

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

2011 F250, check engine light came on...took it to the car care center and the said the EGR cooler is clogged.  Cost $800-$1600.....looking to price out a local diesel guy.  Any recommendations??

Good thing you got it repaired at a Ford dealer, your local one "should" cover any work that was done in FL if there is an issue.

54 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Good thing you got it repaired at a Ford dealer, your local one "should" cover any work that was done in FL if there is an issue.

That is our hope.  We know the cooler has a 2 year warranty.  But the valve was not replaced...so maybe that is the issue.  

On 4/18/2016 at 9:28 AM, Travisma said:

Okay... wasn't the same part (of course).  Local Ford dealer charged up $95 to simply read the error code (can't tell you have mad that makes me) and the truck needs another repair (don't remember the part), also part of the who EGR things.  Cost is in the $900s.   So... we paid $1100 (plus rental car) in FL, $95 to have the stinkin' error code read and now another $900+ is needed for this repair.  The regen mode has not worked properly on this truck since we bought it, so Tom is concerned that the filter is next and that is a $2800 repair! :blink:

He's decided to rip it all out...which really stinks as the money we've spent thus far, is simply thrown at the window.  I am exhausted from the frustration/expense of all of this...

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Okay... wasn't the same part (of course).  Local Ford dealer charged up $95 to simply read the error code (can't tell you have mad that makes me) and the truck needs another repair (don't remember the part), also part of the who EGR things.  Cost is in the $900s.   So... we paid $1100 (plus rental car) in FL, $95 to have the stinkin' error code read and now another $900+ is needed for this repair.  The regen mode has not worked properly on this truck since we bought it, so Tom is concerned that the filter is next and that is a $2800 repair! :blink:

He's decided to rip it all out...which really stinks as the money we've spent thus far, is simply thrown at the window.  I am exhausted from the frustration/expense of all of this...

I would double check to make sure that EGR stuff isnt covered under some sort of emissions warranty....just to be sure.
In the long run I plan on "deleting" my emissions stuff on the exhaust as well, but never seem to have the spare $$$ to do that :)

30 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

I would double check to make sure that EGR stuff isnt covered under some sort of emissions warranty....just to be sure.
In the long run I plan on "deleting" my emissions stuff on the exhaust as well, but never seem to have the spare $$$ to do that :)

Yeah... there is no warranty on the truck, unfortunately. 

I know... it's ridiculously expensive to do this work :(   Even more, since we just spent $1100+  for nothing.  I'm sick over it.

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I know... it's ridiculously expensive to do this work :(   Even more, since we just spent $1100+  for nothing.  I'm sick over it.

I don't blame you for being mad.  I would be too!  Can you get anything back from the Florida place who 'did the work' ?  I'd try and also complain to Ford headquarters.  Do you have a local mechanic who could do the work?  If it's out warranty  couldn't you use another garage?

19 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I don't blame you for being mad.  I would be too!  Can you get anything back from the Florida place who 'did the work' ?  I'd try and also complain to Ford headquarters.  Do you have a local mechanic who could do the work?  If it's out warranty  couldn't you use another garage?

I don't think the FL dealership did anything wrong.  I do believe that the cooler was broken... only because another shop (before them) read the error and told us the same thing. 

30 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Well at least that is good.  Hate to think of anyone getting ripped off while on vacation.

Our 2002 Chevy Avalanche seems to pick vacations to have something go wrong.  We've mostly been lucky with the folks who did the repairs.

Good luck to you.

Haha...I'd actually rather that we did get ripped off as then (maybe) we could some money back! :lol:

5 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Don't look at it as $1100.00 wasted but it was $1100.00 to get home safely. I know it stinks though and I really wish  you didn't have the issue.