Can you actually fit on one site??:huh:

I think this is the million dollar question at The Fort.  This week, I saw (what is "suppose to be" a no-no) in the 1200 loop...a travel trailer with a PUP behind it; plus the two TVs.  

Then (in the 1500 loop) there was a site with 3 large tents, 3 vehicles and 2 small screened rooms.  

Interesting.....

We have done less than 10 people actually staying overnight at the site, but sometimes over 10 visiting/eating.

We have 2 vehicles, pup, large tent, screen room, and sometimes a 2 person tent on partial sites.

Now our pup is small, and we keep it on the cement pad, we turn it sideways so the door faces into the site.

Even doing that, we can get my Ram and a car on the driveway.

large tent and screenroom go on the sand pad, 2 person on the grass

45 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

They went through a phase where they were really enforcing not letting PUPs behind trailers or RVs. Sounds like they might not be anymore. 

Sure would stink to plan to do that and be told to leave though. Not worth it IMO. 

It's odd, on one hand they allow 10 people per site.  How many RVs or TT will sleep 10 people, so they will need something else to house the excess bodies.

I know they say a tent is ok with a TT, but some of the tents are larger now a days than some PUPs.

Is the concern about sharing utilities?

Don't want to get others riled up, but again it all boils down to the consistent lack of enforcing rules evenly on a wide range of things.

Enforce rules evenly across the board on all subjects, and the place will run a lot smoother.

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

Enforce rules evenly across the board on all subjects, and the place will run a lot smoother.

At the risk of sounding negative (and not wanting to put my foot in the sticky stuff) - ain't going to happen!!!

4 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Oh! My camper initially slept 11. And we've done it!

I think we could technically fit 10...but because I don't have that many babies, the thought of that many bodies sharing my air..that makes me hyperventilate, just a little bit ☺️

We can fit two full size adults and one smaller person if we turn the dinette into a bed. I guess we could sleep a fourth on the floor but it could be dangerous for them in the middle of the night since it is the path to the bathroom. We've talked to our daughters about going camping with us but we made it clear they would have to sleep in a tent.

On April 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Travisma said:

It's odd, on one hand they allow 10 people per site.  How many RVs or TT will sleep 10 people, so they will need something else to house the excess bodies.

I know they say a tent is ok with a TT, but some of the tents are larger now a days than some PUPs.

Is the concern about sharing utilities?

Don't want to get others riled up, but again it all boils down to the consistent lack of enforcing rules evenly on a wide range of things.

Mine technically holds 10... Could comfortably sleep 9. However, NO WAY am I doing that.

We once slept 12 in a 28 footer enroute...with no bunk beds and no air mattresses.  Once we got to the Fort, five of them slept in a side room on hi-rise air mattresses.  And 8 of the total were kids/babies.  :P   These days it's 4-5 max.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Octopus Prime said:

Ours says it sleeps 10, but we don't wish to attempt that.
We do plan to go with some family and stay in the fort with 4 of us in a TT and 3 in an off-site hotel at night, but all 7 of us having meals at the campsite and going to parks together.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like a fun trip ^_^

Welcome!  Please keep reading along the forum and posting!

19 hours ago, Octopus Prime said:

Ours says it sleeps 10, but we don't wish to attempt that.
We do plan to go with some family and stay in the fort with 4 of us in a TT and 3 in an off-site hotel at night, but all 7 of us having meals at the campsite and going to parks together.

Welcome.  

I would add your three offsite guests to your reservation.  If they will be traveling from their hotel to the fort  in their car. If they’re traveling by taxi or Uber it won’t matter.  It will make it easier on them coming and going from the fort.It will make it easier on them coming and going from the fort.

Welcome.  
I would add your three offsite guests to your reservation.  If they will be traveling from their hotel to the fort  in their car. If they’re traveling by taxi or Uber it won’t matter.  It will make it easier on them coming and going from the fort.It will make it easier on them coming and going from the fort.
That's the plan. They will do everything but sleep in the trailer. And honestly, one of the three might.
One of the three is my FIL, and he is a larger, older guy that would be very uncomfortable in a TT. He would not want to stay in it overnight, but will enjoy being there during the day.