ICYMI: A New TCD Trip Report April 2016 at the Fort

What are the chances the BuckeyeFortFamily would be in AK on the 22nd and biking the lodge path on the morning of the 23rd? High considering how many times our paths have almost crossed. We were in 418, on our first trip in a year. Go figure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm back. I needed to take a break from the Board.  It wasn't you.  It was me. I thought I'd stay away for a few weeks, but it ended up being a couple of months.  But, I needed to be gone fo

Great report. My 14 year old was rather upset that I was going to Disney World for WWW and would be getting a GAG one night. I did when any good fiend and mom would do. I took a picture and shared it

I am starting a new movement.  We are calling ourselves "baldies".  I'm sure you can imagine what the criterion is for joining.

Good to see you back!

You know, I kind of always thought Twin 2 would choose UCF because of her career goals. I'm glad she's happy with her move. 

Bye, Bye Jose... No one will miss you!

I just bought a pair of Ariel running shoes to get me motivated to start running again. Don't discount the run/walk method. I used that to build up to a 5K, then to a 1/2 marathon. It works! 

WELCOME BACK!  
I too was at the world this weekend, but alas no camping as they( Disney) didn't want to let me stay just Friday and Saturday, I could have stayed Friday to Monday but work gets in the way of that

I grew up in big bear/ little bear and that was the last loop we stayed in back in February 2016. 
Sadly  I think my pup is away till our October trip, just too hot to camp the next few months, and the black out dates for our AP's are starting soon.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, Travisma said:

My wife has a creaky knee.  Her doctor told her to take the glucosomine pills.  We get them from SAMS Club.

Thanks, Mark.  That is exactly what the TCD dog, Rocky, has been taking, and it seems to help him.

I wonder if his pills are cheaper than the Sam's Club ones.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Sorry I was working and after reading that was all the time I had to put. really glad to see you around again and glad to hear the ladies in your life are all doing well.

Thanks, Jason.  I hope all is well with you and Sil.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, dieseldave said:

Yes, that was me.  Nice to finally meet you! 

Same here.  It's always fun to meet a Fiend.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Glad to see you back! I'm currently at the Fort now. You left 1400 loop just in time. It was dead empty when I got here on Tuesday and they were doing some serious tree cutting.

That makes sense.  There were only two or three sites left occupied on the loop when I pulled out on Monday morning.  I guess that's why I got put on that loop.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the Fort.  The weather warmed up a bit since I was there last weekend, but it's been nice and dry.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:22 PM, Friend of a Fiend ... Pam said:

It's good to read a new trip report from TCD! 

Thanks for reading and thanks for posting.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, Memphis said:

Yep,  Lost our Florida resident discount and the commute went from 1 1/2 hours to about 13 as of 2/26.  I was really getting worried when you stopped posting.  I was/am really counting on your trip reports to get me through the FW withdraws. So glad you and all your girls are doing well.  In the small world category My DW went on a job interview today and the guy who interviewed her is from Dunedin.  

Wow, I can't believe that you finally did it.  I hope that you're enjoying your new home.  Here it's the same old, same old.  Crazy traffic.  We've been waiting for the Snow Birds to leave, and it doesn't seem as if they're ever going to this year.

That's funny your wife ran into someone from Dunedin.  I'll bet the guy was surprised that your wife ever heard of it.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:41 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Glad to hear your Pixie Dust Levels have been improved.  We all need a break now and then to remember whats important in life.  B)

Also good to hear about the New Year resolution. I had hip surgery last year and it took awhile but I finally did my first post-surgery 5k just last month.

I had to learn how to run all over again but on the front parts of my feet instead of the heels so that I minimize the road-shock going up the leg to the knees and hips.

It sucks to get old......   :lol:

Good for you!

That's quite an accomplishment to come back from hip surgery.

I hear you about getting old. But as they say, it beats the alternative.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:42 PM, sherryberry said:

Yay! Glad to see a trip report from you! I don't make it over here enough, but I'm glad to see you're back! And good job on signing up for the half marathon. I wish you luck on that!

Thanks.  Do y'all have any upcoming camping trips, or is it too hot for that now?

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:34 PM, dvccamper said:

Good to hear the TCD gang is doing well. I'm already enjoying the TR, as usual.

Thanks.  I have to say, it's really great to see all of the Fiends commenting on this thread.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, disneylitch......Debbie said:

Glad you are back.  Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!!!

Thanks, it's good to be back, and the TR will be resuming right after I get done responding to all the comments.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:54 PM, fortpartyof4 said:

I have checked in around here more in the past 2 months than I have in the past 2 years, just to see if you had returned!

Delighted to see that you have, but once again discouraged with myself because I am still 2 years behind!  You beginning a new TR gives me motivation to get reading!

As you know I am a runner.  Running at the Fort is among my top 3 favorites, along with Central Park and Jekyll Island GA.  Yes, I have become one of those folks who excersises while on vacation.  Never ever thought that would happen, but it did.  When we were there over spring break I even used the gym at WL.  No worries though, I still eat poorly and drink to make up for it :)

I began taking Turmeric to reduce inflammation at the suggestion of a good friend who is Indian.  I was having a lot of trouble with my joints and it has subsided quite a bit!  I take it in tablet form, she uses a powder that she mixes with warm milk at bedtime.  It's spicy though.

Thanks, Cyndee.

I hope that all is well in Pennsylvania.  When I last heard from you, you were going to do something crazy and visit WDW over Easter.  Did that happen?  If so, was it as bad as you thought it would be?

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:29 AM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Better late than never, I'm in.

It's good to see a TCD trip report. Learned a lot from them when I first started lurking/joined. Hopefully there will be an update on the BABH.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forgot to add, I just recently read that geletin is also good for joints and joint recovery.

Yes, we will be checking on the BABH.

And the rotting wagon behind the Settlement Trading Post.

It's what I do.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, LONE-STAR said:

Nice to read your  report. Glad everything thing is well and it's still good to be TCD.

Looking forward to the rest.

Hey Michael.  Thanks for posting.  I hope all is well with you and your family.

I don't even want to ask how old Miley is.

The twins are turning 21 this month!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:40 AM, LONE-STAR said:

Dave nice to see you posting.  We need a Dolly wood report with the best place to camp by it.

Agreed!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:55 AM, Northerngirl--Lori said:

Glad you're back TCD!! I'm glad that all is ok and the family is doing good! What a surprise to open FF and see you were back. I'm looking forward to reading your report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad that I'm back, too!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:26 AM, ftwildernessguy said:

Alittle off topic, but I am working on a display for my spike.  In the idea stages now, but if it turns out as hoped, I will send you a picture.   Carry on.

Wow!

Seeing a post from you, Jim, make my day.

I really would like to see what you do with that spike!

Also- I am glad that you posted, because I have something really important to ask you-  The twins will be turning 21 this month, and I want to celebrate that by making the TCD gang a batch of Kungaloosh.  I need your recipe!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:49 AM, datgrt@fw .... Doug said:

I always enjoy reading your trip reports TCD!  Glad that things are going well for you and your family!  It's great to see you posting again!   (Also nice to see DaveInTN back as well!)

Thanks.  I am glad to be posting again, and it's awesome to see so many other Fiends posting here too!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I got so engrossed in your TR that I neglected to let AuburnJen know we were at the I-75 exit. So we took a scenic route to WWW.

Oh and too am getting healthy this year. Eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and exercising. I can't believe how much more energetic I have been not to mention the pounds that have come off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm glad that I contributed to your opportunity to take the scenic route!

Good for you about the running.  I'm enjoying the side effects from it too, and I'm just getting started with my serious training for the half marathon.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:52 PM, FEARtheEERS said:

I'm so excited about your manager gossip.  And impressed that you checked out Jose's linkedn.  Good spy work.  Love the pics of the path!

I hope that the management change is for the better.

As I mentioned, having a manager out in the check-in lanes to help move the check-in process along isn't something that I had ever seen before, and it was awesome.

I hope that's a sign of better things to come at the Fort.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, Santa ... Shannon said:

Page 3 is good for me. Glad to see the magic has returned!

Yes, except you made page two!

This "new" Board software has changes we didn't know about.

The pages hold more posts, and the multi-quote limit is increased.

Maybe the photo limit is too.

Anyway, it's good to see a post from you Shannon.  I hope all is well with you and Mrs. Santa.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, caveat lector said:

What a minute..... using those fancy Internet acronyms and jogging in your early morning fort tours.  If you start wearing those Richard Simmons type shorts and using one of those funky go pro cameras to document a patented TCD TR........I will PROTEST!

I assure you that there will be no Richard Simmons shorts.

But, I've been wanting a Go Pro for a while.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:54 PM, caveat lector said:

Nothing important to say, but I couldn't sign off with 1999 posts......maybe it's a Prince thing

LOL.

I'm going to miss that guy.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:36 PM, BuckeyeFortMama said:

What are the chances the BuckeyeFortFamily would be in AK on the 22nd and biking the lodge path on the morning of the 23rd? High considering how many times our paths have almost crossed. We were in 418, on our first trip in a year. Go figure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What?!

That really is unbelievable.

We did a lot of looping, but not much on the 400 loop.  Still, if y'all had your Brutus up, I probably would have found you.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:32 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Good to see you back!

You know, I kind of always thought Twin 2 would choose UCF because of her career goals. I'm glad she's happy with her move. 

Bye, Bye Jose... No one will miss you!

I just bought a pair of Ariel running shoes to get me motivated to start running again. Don't discount the run/walk method. I used that to build up to a 5K, then to a 1/2 marathon. It works! 

You're right.  Both of the twins were originally accepted at UCF, and we toured it twice because they both considered going there.  She is really happy there, and enjoys her classes much more than she did at FSU.  The campus and the culture there are a much better fit for her too.

It's funny that you have the Ariel shoes!  How did you get them?  I thought they only sold them at the Run Disney expos.  Twin #2 has a pair, and the girls wanted me to buy the Dumbo ones, but I'm going to hold off and wait for something that is more interesting to me.

I am not discounting the run/walk method at all, as I know it works.  But, my personal goal is to run the entire half- no walking.  I have a long way to go before I'm there, but I also have time on my side.  For now.

17 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

How bout some purple crayon?

I still have it, and I'm not afraid to use it.

3 hours ago, swimmarz said:

WELCOME BACK!  
I too was at the world this weekend, but alas no camping as they( Disney) didn't want to let me stay just Friday and Saturday, I could have stayed Friday to Monday but work gets in the way of that

I grew up in big bear/ little bear and that was the last loop we stayed in back in February 2016. 
Sadly  I think my pup is away till our October trip, just too hot to camp the next few months, and the black out dates for our AP's are starting soon.

I'm glad to hear that you're putting that camper to use.

I saw your Fort Desoto trip report- good job!

You're right that it's starting to get too hot to camp, but I'm shooting for one more trip this month, and I'll probably camp over the 4th of July.  Hot can be fun too.

3 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

w00t, a new TCD report. I'm in.

Awesome to see a post from you, Blake.

I hope all is well with you and the family.  Have y'all been camping?  How's that Airstream project coming?

TCD

7 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

On the Ariel shoes, I have a friend who was down for the Star Wars half. She got them for me.

Have you looked at the Couch to 5K app? They also make a bridge to 10K. After that, I just did my own thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, so you just got your shoes.  My girls had a friend who ran the Princess Half, and they went to the expo with her to look at the shoes.  Apparently, there is some complicated process to sign up to buy the shoes, but they were able to walk up and buy them.

I am familiar with the Couch to 5K app, The girls and I used it when we prepared for the Princess 5K a few years ago.  I think it's great, and it is basically what I'm doing now.  But, I'm not using the app.

7 minutes ago, GradyBunch said:

I'm in and I'm giddy...welcome back!

Thanks.  I'm glad that you're in.  I think I owe you a spike, don't I?

TCD

Thanks, Mark.  That is exactly what the TCD dog, Rocky, has been taking, and it seems to help him.

==============================================

Woman I work with gets her cats insulin from SAMS and it's a lot cheaper there then the vet/pet supply places.  She uses normal human insulin.  So based on that, I think the glucosomine would be less at Sams for you and your dog.  The regular stuff without and extra additives is pretty inexpensive for a big bottle.

We will be at the Fort 6/28 thru 7/6.  We're some of the crazy ones!  PUP and tent with no A/C, just fans.

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Woman I work with gets her cats insulin from SAMS and it's a lot cheaper there then the vet/pet supply places.  She uses normal human insulin.  So based on that, I think the glucosomine would be less at Sams for you and your dog.  The regular stuff without and extra additives is pretty inexpensive for a big bottle.

We will be at the Fort 6/28 thru 7/6.  We're some of the crazy ones!  PUP and tent with no A/C, just fans.

LOL. So, the dog and I will be sharing dietary supplements.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the reservation, but you might have company for the 4th! 

TCD

13 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL. So, the dog and I will be sharing dietary supplements.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the reservation, but you might have company for the 4th! 

TCD

We've been searching other dates since February, but cant get just a weekend, and $85 a night for a partial is getting pricey.

Kungaloosh (FWG modification)

1/4 cup Capt Morgan's Spiced Rum

1/4 cup Orange Juice

1/4 cup Strawberry Daiquiri mix

1/4 cup Raspberry Liquer

blend with enough ice to make slushy.

Wow, there sure have been a lot of comments already.

It's awesome to see so many posts from Fiends new and old!

Let's continue with this report.

Before we go much further, I need to let you know that this is going to be a shorter TCD TR than the norm.

As I mentioned, I began this trip thinking that I was going to skip a TR from this trip.  I was still on my break from the Boards, and I didn't feel like I was ready to come back.

But, all it took was one night at the Fort, and I dug out the TCD camera and started snapping some photos, just in case.

I still wasn't sure I'd post a TR, but I took some photos.

I ended up with far fewer photos than I normally take, which means this report will be on the short side.

But, I promise to make it up to you soon.

We left off on the exercise path between the Fort and the Lodge on the morning of Saturday, April 23.

I love that there is still wilderness out here:

4%2022%2016%20267_zps6apsc5uy.jpg

Apparently, there's a gas line buried under the exercise path.  Why?:

4%2022%2016%20268_zpsqql6n4av.jpg

I am not sure what happened, but somehow I took a turn down the wrong path on my way back to the Fort and ended up here, along the old dirt path.  As you can see, they have a serious chain link fence blocking off access toward the Lodge:

4%2022%2016%20269_zpsrhefzia1.jpg

4%2022%2016%20270_zpsmfruaotd.jpg

This is a look down the path in the opposite direction-toward the Fort.  There's some signs on those fence posts there, but my eyes have gotten so bad I can't read what the signs say.  I think they say "This Way to the Fort" or something along those lines:

4%2022%2016%20271_zpstqnfq19z.jpg

The growth along the shore of Bay Lake here has gotten very thick.  So much so that you can't even see the lake anymore:

4%2022%2016%20272_zps0blnsvnw.jpg

If you are out this way any time in the near future, be careful.  If you get lost, like I did, you're going to find out where the Yellow Flies have been hanging out.  They were swarming all around here near the lake.

Since I now had my bearings, I decided to head back toward the Fort.  I was looking for a clearing along the shore so I could see the lake, but the growth was pretty solid all along here:

4%2022%2016%20273_zpsfcciovcm.jpg

4%2022%2016%20274_zpsntbbdddx.jpg

Soon, I came to a spot that had been cleared a bit.  It seemed like someone had one the clearing, but I'm not sure who or why.  But, this spot gave me a good view of the Lodge and the construction that's going on over there:

4%2022%2016%20275_zpsh0epns06.jpg

I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a yellow silt fence along the shore to the left of that new structure that is being built over there- soon that whole shoreline will be dotted with the bungalows/cabins, or whatever they're calling what is going to be built there:

4%2022%2016%20276_zpsqivc4fmd.jpg

This is a pretty cool spot.  From this one place, I can see the Lodge, the Villas at the Lodge, the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower:

4%2022%2016%20277_zpsjbgxvhuh.jpg

The other cool thing you can see from this spot is the monorail track.  If a monorail came by, that would have been a cool shot.  But one didn't come, and the yellow flies were trying to get me, so I couldn't stand there and wait for the shot:

4%2022%2016%20278_zps63ozo7bx.jpg

Here's a closer look where you can see the Grand Floridian tower there behind the Lodge marina building.  You can see the monorail track too:

gf%20mono%20track_zpsy1glkh1w.jpg

I think you can barely see the setting full moon in the sky above the Lodge in this photo.  It's too bad it didn't photograph better, because it was pretty cool to see in person:

4%2022%2016%20279_zpskeamcl1v.jpg

Anyway, that new construction you see going on over there is the fifth new thing I saw and am telling you about in this TR.  I knew that there are bungalows being built over the water, but that building we see going up over there is pretty big.  I'm not sure what it is.  I don't think it would make sense that it would be a lobby for the bungalows, but I don't know what else it could be:

wl%20new%20construction_zpsgkb0ujnp.jpg

I continued on my way back to the Fort, and passed by another one of those mysterious contraptions that I sometimes see in out of the way places around the Fort. I'm pretty sure it's a bug trap:

4%2022%2016%20280_zps3lrtjrds.jpg

As I headed back into the Fort, I found that I was in a Cast Member only place behind River Country.

Oops.

My bad.

I was a good boy and didn't take any backstage photos, and ran straight on out of there.  Luckily, I didn't run into any Castmembers, but I easily could have, as it was about 7:15 then, and a lot of them seam to show up for work around that time.

I got out of there quickly, and was back in the Settlement area safe and sound:

4%2022%2016%20281_zpsqo2kyqb3.jpg

I love to see the Settlement like that.  It's such a contrast to how crowded and crazy it is there every night.

If you ever want to catch a bus to the Outpost or Lodge, this is a good time of morning to do that- there is almost always a bus waiting to take you where you want to go this time of morning:

4%2022%2016%20282_zpszfcbon3z.jpg

I ran back to the site, and chilled for a bit before hitting the shower.

Then, I hopped on the cart for a look around the Fort before things got too busy.

On Friday evening, we were out looping and I saw something that completely surprised me- that all of the cabins were gone from the 2100 loop.  That news was already reported on other threads here, but I hadn't been on here, so it was news to me.  I headed back there with my camera, and pulled up to the plastic fence stretched across the loop entrance.  With the cabins gone, and the clearing that has taken place over the past few years, you can see the old comfort station that has been hidden back there in the loop:

4%2022%2016%20283_zpspu8ncjaz.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that there are toilets lined up there on the porch.  What I don't know is if those are coming or going.  I know that they had been using the building as a storage place for maintenance on the cabins, but I don't know whether all of the fixtures had been removed from the building.  All I can tell you now is that there are toilets on the porch.

Even though you may have heard about the cabins being ripped out, this was still news to me, so I am counting the cabins being pulled from the 2100 loop as the sixth new thing mentioned in this TR.

And, when I say the cabins were ripped out, that is exactly what appears to have happened. The loop was a mess with stuff left behind:

4%2022%2016%20284_zpsyf7yyiyd.jpg

If you like seeing that kind of stuff, check back later.  The next morning, I walked into the 2100 loop via the sidewalk that connects it to the 1100 loop Comfort Station.  Things were quite a mess.

For now, though, I headed to the 2000 loop.  I love to loop around the 2000 loop, because these are my people.  There's always something interesting to see on the partial hook-up loops.

Like this- a guy with a tent contraption on top of his Jeep.  Cool, but why?:

4%2022%2016%20285_zpsv1z2rlbq.jpg

And, while we're looking at interesting campsites, check out this guy with his own flock of flamingoes on the 700 loop. They're the wrong color, though:

4%2022%2016%20286_zpsrsm5thzq.jpg

You might recognize that RV.  That guy is at the Fort a lot.  He used to have two Great Danes.  Based on the dog decals on his door, it looks like he may only have one now. 

I made us breakfast at the campsite that morning, and we did some more looping.

After the rain the evening before, it had cleared up and cooled off, and the weather was glorious.  We decided to head over to DHS, and come back to the Fort for dinner, before finishing up the evening at the MK.

I hadn't seen the new Star Wars stage show at DHS.

I thought it was pretty good, but the twins don't like it- they think Disney could have and should have done more.

And the stage set-up still leaves a lot to be desired.  If you really want to see what's going on, you need to stand up close in the hot sun.  If you hang out in the back, where there's some shade, you will be looking at the backsides of the Kids on Shoulders gang:

4%2022%2016%20292_zpsddxgyfaa.jpg

4%2022%2016%20295_zpsikv5t3qo.jpg

DHS was kind of busy.

The people watching did not disappoint, though.

For example, here's two dudes dressed up like Zootopia characters:

4%2022%2016%20299_zpsgputyrwg.jpg

I pointed those dudes out to the TCD twins- I said look at those guys Disney Bounding.  The girls said that those guys were probably furries.  Furries?  What's that, I asked.  The girls said I didn't want to know.

So, against my better judgment, I Googled.

You can read about the Furry subculture here, if you wish (but I don't recommend it) : http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/commentary/20160502_Commentary__First_on_campus_encounter_with__furry__subculture.html

We stayed in DHS just long enough to use our three FP+'s and then booked it back to the Fort. We had no issues with transportation.

I made us some Pirate Jeff's macaroni and cheese for dinner, and we enjoyed the Fort.

Here's the only photo I took of our site:

4%2022%2016%20300_zpsomtdn6ju.jpg

The TCD Big Blue Excursion is still with us, I'm happy to report. I never did replace that piece of the front grill we lost when I murdered that buzzard on the way to Key West two years ago.

We hung around the Fort past dark, and hit up the campfire to make some S'mores.  They were playing Good Dinosaur on Saturday night, and I've never seen it.  The twins told me I don't want to see it- they said it's like Lion King, but without the happy parts.  There was a good crowd there, though, and they seemed to like it.

We did make it to the MK, and shut it down at midnight on Saturday night.

It was another great day at WDW.

I'll start the next update with another early morning at the Fort- we'll go and see the BABH and check on the covered wagon then.

TCD

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

==============================================

I veterinarian friend of our says human versions of most drugs are less expensive than the pet version even though in many cases they are identical. I asked why she didn't prescribe the human version and she said she can but only in an emergency due to our screwed up drug laws. 

Just commenting on the construction over at VWL. I read on a DVC site that the name for the new cabins is reportedly Copper Creek Cabins and Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge. And as far as that big structure going up I thought I remembered reading somewhere there will be a new restaurant. It could be that.

28 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I veterinarian friend of our says human versions of most drugs are less expensive than the pet version even though in many cases they are identical. I asked why she didn't prescribe the human version and she said she can but only in an emergency due to our screwed up drug laws. 

Kassie's myasthenia gravis medication comes from our local pharmacy.  Our vet doesn't carry it.  Last time we refilled it, they asked for her birth date and we had to tell them it's for a dog.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

We've been searching other dates since February, but cant get just a weekend, and $85 a night for a partial is getting pricey.

I hear you, brother.

If I didn't have a CM in the family, I wouldn't be to excited about camping either.

1 hour ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Kungaloosh (FWG modification)

1/4 cup Capt Morgan's Spiced Rum

1/4 cup Orange Juice

1/4 cup Strawberry Daiquiri mix

1/4 cup Raspberry Liquer

blend with enough ice to make slushy.

Thank you, sir!

I knew you had a special recipe, and I wanted to try yours along with the one commonly found online. 

If all goes according to plan, I will be introducing a new generation to Kungaloosh some time later this month.

TCD

45 minutes ago, keith_h said:

That's the opposite of how I would expect it to be.  I would think that pet drugs would be cheaper than human ones.  We live in crazy times.

29 minutes ago, keith_h said:

It's nice to see things from a view you typically wouldn't like the ones along the clear spot along lake.

I couldn't help myself and followed the link to the Furries article. All it did was make me think of the Monty Python scene.

I'm not much of a Monty Python person, so I never saw that mouse people thing.  As I said:  we live in strange times.

20 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

bfd979963b46e322c6bf6f8fcdc1e5a4.jpg

This is great.

It is reassuring to know that some things will never change.

17 minutes ago, dvccamper said:

Just commenting on the construction over at VWL. I read on a DVC site that the name for the new cabins is reportedly Copper Creek Cabins and Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge. And as far as that big structure going up I thought I remembered reading somewhere there will be a new restaurant. It could be that.

I found a short article reporting the Copper Creek name here: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/04/name-and-possible-theme-revealed-for-new-vacation-club-resort-at-wilderness-lodge/

So, they're going to call these bungalows that sit over Bay Lake Copper Creek Cabins?

I am not sure I'm buying that rumor.

I haven't seen anything about a new restaurant, but that building looks like it would be big enough for one.  Does Wilderness Lodge need a new restaurant, though?  I don't have a better suggestion as to what that building is going to be.  It's a nice location for a restaurant, if that's what they're building.

15 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Kassie's myasthenia gravis medication comes from our local pharmacy.  Our vet doesn't carry it.  Last time we refilled it, they asked for her birth date and we had to tell them it's for a dog.

Did I mention that we live in strange times?

TCD