I made it, I Fount it, we're here!!!!

If your going to get another sewer hose, be sure you get a hose spreader.

12 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

If your going to get another sewer hose, be sure you get a hose spreader.

I've come up 5 foot short to make my Y. So I'm going to find a short section and move the Y to the dump station. I always buy pretty assembled. Keeps my delicate hands(hahahaha) free of poo.

Thank you for the reminder however. It's nice to know those of us willing to help still exist.

I can feel your pain with the sewer hose. With 2 sewer connections and my "Y", I carry 15'+'10'+10'+10'+5' of sewer hose.

Completely off the main topic but this is Fort Fiends so here I go.

Our new (year old) trailer has 2 grey tanks one for the bathroom that is connected to the black tank outlet and another separate grey tank for the kitchen. Has anyone used the the caps and connectors to hook up a garden hose to a Y ?

I have been keeping the main bathroom outlet connected and if somewhere more than a few days I leave the bathroom grey tank open till the night before we leave. Then I move the hose and drain the kitchen when I think it needs it. I'd rather not have to carry around another full sewer hose if I don't have to, I have room for a garden hose. Just wondering if they work or experiences with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

The sites around 1209 do have more noise due to busses approaching the 4-way stop.  I guess it depends on what kind of rig you have as to whether you hear the noise.

I ask cause the girls sleep in the bunks in the back, which would be closest to the road. We have one that can be a light sleeper so extra noise could be a problem. Of course, she seems to sleep right through the fireworks but wakes up when I drop a red solo cup on the carpet....go figure.

We have been in that area twice around two Christmas'.  We really didn't notice the noise inside with the A/Cs running.   We are also all late sleepers, and weren't bothered.  Of course with canvas sides, it might be a different story.  We travel in a MH.

Completely off the main topic but this is Fort Fiends so here I go.

Our new (year old) trailer has 2 grey tanks one for the bathroom that is connected to the black tank outlet and another separate grey tank for the kitchen. Has anyone used the the caps and connectors to hook up a garden hose to a Y ?

I have been keeping the main bathroom outlet connected and if somewhere more than a few days I leave the bathroom grey tank open till the night before we leave. Then I move the hose and drain the kitchen when I think it needs it. I'd rather not have to carry around another full sewer hose if I don't have to, I have room for a garden hose. Just wondering if they work or experiences with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If your one sewer connection is just gray water, I'd think a better long-term solution is to just plumb the two together. I've read threads on different forums where people did it.

Otherwise, I haven't heard bad about the caps and hose solution that you're talking. What does the campsite sewer connection end look like?

And definitely invest in metal quick connects for your hoses. It's sooooooooo nice!