OK....it's been 20+ year's since we've been to the Fort. We will be in a 37' MH with a car in tow, we have three small doggies(pet loop), don't really mind being isolated and/or away from things and it appears cost's are down in Sept. I thought I remember a complete survey of all campsites but in lieu of this....how about some site numbers to look at. We're thinking right now to do two weeks at the Fort and then another two week's outside of the Park to see other sites. It's a long trip for us, were coming from So. Calif. HELP!!!

13 hours ago, acampingwewillgo said:

OK....it's been 20+ year's since we've been to the Fort. We will be in a 37' MH with a car in tow, we have three small doggies(pet loop), don't really mind being isolated and/or away from things and it appears cost's are down in Sept. I thought I remember a complete survey of all campsites but in lieu of this....how about some site numbers to look at. We're thinking right now to do two weeks at the Fort and then another two week's outside of the Park to see other sites. It's a long trip for us, were coming from So. Calif. HELP!!!

Have a great trip!  Are you planning neat stuff to see and do  along the way? 

So I made some reservations today....will be at the Fort Sept 19 thru Oct 2, but will arrive at Thousand Trails Orlando on Sept 4th and back there Oct.2-23rd. A total of 7 week's in the area so  I think we may go for the annual Pass rather than the 10 day Park Hopper ticket. This way we won't have to rush........and it will give us plenty of opportunity to explore whats taken place in our 20 year absence. 

What kind of dogs do you have?  Do any of them have long, silky hair?  The 1600-1900 loop area is full of cypress trees.  The droppings from the trees get stuck in long hair very easily.  We stayed in 1900 just once.  Every time we took our Miniature Schnauzer for a potty break it took us at least 20 minutes to clean her up.  Not fun.

16 hours ago, acampingwewillgo said:

So I made some reservations today....will be at the Fort Sept 19 thru Oct 2, but will arrive at Thousand Trails Orlando on Sept 4th and back there Oct.2-23rd. A total of 7 week's in the area so  I think we may go for the annual Pass rather than the 10 day Park Hopper ticket. This way we won't have to rush........and it will give us plenty of opportunity to explore whats taken place in our 20 year absence. 

Plus with the annual pass you will get free parking, that will be nice while staying offsite B)

On 5/12/2016 at 8:36 PM, acampingwewillgo said:

Personally, I recommend the annual passes if you're already getting 10-day Park Hoppers. I can't imagine the price to be that much different. An AP really changed how we "do" Disney - it is much more relaxed. We don't mind stopping in for just a couple of hours and don't feel like we "wasted" a park day.

I think I'll overlap with you in October a bit. I'm still not positive where all we are staying- it'll either be the Fort or TTO.

A fair warning for TTO, fill up your fresh water tank when you get there. Power + water outages are unusually common.

Just move from Class A to 29' Travel Trailer. Wow, backing is not so much fun. I was great with the motorhome. We visit Fort Wilderness 1 week out of the month. Anyone suggest easy-in sites (full hookup preferred) for easy backup? If better sites for backup required, I will upgrade. I remember seeing sites that aligned nice with the road but did not record any data but now its extremely important with the travel trailer having room to back in with clearance to turn my F-150. I am super worried and hope not to give up on the Fort. Please help.

I don't know about full hook-ups but premium 541 is almost a straight back up. But unfortunately you can't reserve specific sites so I wouldn't necessarily upgrade just to try to get that site.

Take your time, if you have to pull out and go around the loop again to get lined up better do it, the most important thing is don't stress about and and always remember we all had to learn to back a trailer. Most campers are good about remembering this and will offer to help or are willing to help if asked. This isn't always true but usually if you are able to check in on a weekday or earlier Friday there are less cars parked/traffic around the loops. If you get to your site and feel you can't back into it but see one open that you'd feel more comfortable with call the front desk and ask if you could be moved to the new site.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, articfox676 said:

For full hook up we have had several in the 1700 and haven't had any problems. We do have a Hensley hitch which makes tight turns possible.  If you can not make a certain site work call up front and they will assign you another.

We use an Equal-i-zer hitch. You can backup with it but sometimes I will take off the bars to make it easier to back into tight camping sites. Not only does it give a bit more turning radius but the trailer is more responsive since you are not fighting the anti-sway feature of the hitch. I've never needed to do it at the Fort but if I did I would just stop at hitch/unhitch turnout on my way into the campground and remove the bars.

I will say the sites on the inside of the 1300 loop near the CS can be hard for large rigs to get into based on what I've watched. It is due to the CS fence. Where the other sites give you some room to hang over the opposites side of the road the fence doesn't (this assumes a site isn't directly across from you with vehicles parked in the road).

OK....great responses so far. We have a younger Mini Schnauzer too and two older King Charles Spaniels(long hair) but we normally set up a few X-pens so they can sit outside with us and do there business if needed. The older doggies(12/13 years old) aren't much into walking but I may pull them about in a wagon on occasion(I know, the things we do for the fur babies).  I'm guessing that while at the Fort we will try to do our Park Hopping during the morning and late afternoon/early evening, spending the hottest part of the day with the kids, having lunch, napping, swimming etc etc. I suppose that will be on a day to day basis. Were planning most meals at the RV but I'm hoping for suggestions for MUST do shows, dinners(for instance, I should make reservations for the HoopDeDo review at the Fort???) keeping in mind that its been 20 year's since we've visited.  I'm figuring the time we are off site, we can come and go as we please  to do a few hours here or a few hours there, visit the Animal Park or Water Park's(depending on if one or both are open). 

What are the Parade/Firework shows going on during the September/Oct time period? I see the Park's have earlier closing times from what I've read so far?  As I was saying I'm certainly open to other suggestion's either for particular site I should look for or the better loops to ask about when arriving(1600-1900 loops)?  Don't mean to keep jumping all over the place here but I see so many talk about certain other themed Restaurants they always go to when visiting, we're not opposed to this either although spending time just relaxing at the Fort is OK too, but will do the most relaxing off site. I'm sure I have hundred's of questions and open to any idea's...Thank You all so much!!!!

Dwight

The only one I have used is the My Disney Experience app from the Google play store. It can be a bit of a battery drainer and not quickest /easiest app to use (maybe that's just me) but it is the official app and I have always found the info to be pretty spot on. It allows you to view, set up, and change your fast passes, make dining reservations, view maps and wait times and so on. I would download it ahead of time to play and get familiar with and see how if it drains your battery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk