59 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

The only one I have used is the My Disney Experience app from the Google play store. It can be a bit of a battery drainer and not quickest /easiest app to use (maybe that's just me) but it is the official app and I have always found the info to be pretty spot on. It allows you to view, set up, and change your fast passes, make dining reservations, view maps and wait times and so on. I would download it ahead of time to play and get familiar with and see how if it drains your battery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MDE is the official Disney app and has "all of the things" in it - including being linked directly to your Disney account/info - but as Derek mentioned, it's a bit bloated. And if you're going to try using the park WiFi to boot, it can be slow and clunky. However it's great for  making/changing FP+ and dining reservations, and it's free, so I'd recommend snagging it if you haven't already.

For quick and easy, no frills info, I still like Touring Plans' "Lines" app.  The full version has a cost, but for schedules, wait times (which are usually pretty accurate) and dining info, it's super easy to use and doesn't drain your battery.

MDE is one of those 'always on" apps.  If you have some sort of power/app manager, kill the app in between times you need to use it and your battery will last longer.  My Jawbone fitness tracker app is like that.  I just open it 3 or 4 times a day to see my updated steps.

If you have AT&T as a provider, they are the official cellular/wi-fi provider for WDW, so they generally have stronger signal throughout the parks which helps a bit in conserving battery life.

Great sites....I did load MDE and the free version of "Lines", I'll subscribe to Lines when I get closer to departure. Thank You so much. Oh, I have a couple of those recharging devices to keep the phone going on those long days. Are there recharging stations located inside the Park's at all?

I'm kind of struggling with just how much planning I need to do or just winging it a bit seeing that I'll be around for 7 weeks total......ahhhh guess I'll figure that out one way or another!

On 5/13/2016 at 9:53 AM, ependydad...Doug said:

Personally, I recommend the annual passes if you're already getting 10-day Park Hoppers. I can't imagine the price to be that much different. An AP really changed how we "do" Disney - it is much more relaxed. We don't mind stopping in for just a couple of hours and don't feel like we "wasted" a park day.

I think I'll overlap with you in October a bit. I'm still not positive where all we are staying- it'll either be the Fort or TTO.

A fair warning for TTO, fill up your fresh water tank when you get there. Power + water outages are unusually common.

Thank you the heads up regarding TTO! I check the TT Forum's often and see that they are always having issues there with water/power. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we pick a good site loop...

When I used the My Disney Experience app I would take a screen shot of the the My Plans for the day and set it as my lock screen.  I could turn off my data to save battery and be able to look at my fast passes and dining reservations very easy without opening the app.  When I wanted to check wait times android makes it easy to flip on data and then open the app.

6 minutes ago, Theed31u said:

When I used the My Disney Experience app I would take a screen shot of the the My Plans for the day and set it as my lock screen.  I could turn off my data to save battery and be able to look at my fast passes and dining reservations very easy without opening the app.  When I wanted to check wait times android makes it easy to flip on data and then open the app.

great idea.  Since my adult daughters are usually with us, I let them keep it running on their phones and I save my battery...

2 hours ago, acampingwewillgo said:

Are there recharging stations located inside the Park's at all?

Yes there are!

The one that I know for sure is the new bathroom "Tangled" area over near Peter Pan and Small World at Magic Kingdom.

I know there are others, but I don't have the info handy.  If anyone has time to dig that up and make a list, it would be super helpful!  :)

I've got a small battery backup that I carry as well.  If I don't let my Galaxy Note 4 run too far down, it'll charge it up about 2.5 times. This is the one I have...

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-6400mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B00HA6ACW8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

4 hours ago, acampingwewillgo said:

Another thought...my wife was looking at the dates of the Wine Festival and during our complete time period(Sept 4-Oct 21 or thereabouts)  we will be there for at least part of the time. Any thoughts, suggestions about this event?

plan at least two afternoons trolling the food and wine booths. YUM!!!!

Some of the Eat to the Beat concerts are pretty good.

So, I've been looking at a number of sites on line here...it's amazing how much info there is. Site 1741 looks Great also many of the 1800 loop look good. While I enjoy sitting outside waving to others walking by, my doggies tend to get excited when other dogs are walking past...so a site without an over abundance of foot traffic would be preferred although I do put up the X-pens with a fabric barrier so as to make passerby's more difficult for the dog's to see...it helps a lot!  Thanks again for all the great info and suggestions for app's and such.

• 8 months later...