5 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Just gonna throw this out there...

I plan to be having my own personal fried chicken picnic on the beach Saturday, Oct 15th around 5:30-ish, while my brother, sister-in-law and nephew are at MIckey's Backyard BBQ. 

All are welcome.

BYOC.  ;)

B) I've got you penciled in on my calendar :lol: 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only here could a thread about inexpensive options for camper rentals turn into an all-out fried chicken bonanza!  LOL

Bummer. This is my tag-along trip, so I'm not in charge of timing (or anything).  They're doing the dining plan, and I begged off of the big-ticket/pre-paid dinners they've planned. As soon as th

Back to the original thread, seems like to me instead of renting a camper, it would be cheaper to buy a used unit and find somewhere to leave it in Florida if you come back several times a year if you

On 5/11/2016 at 5:50 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

What ?!?  

On 5/11/2016 at 7:52 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

I don't even know you anymore. 

On 5/12/2016 at 10:03 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

And you're willing to admit that in a public forum of Fiends?!?!?

Like I said, I know..I know...I know....   I'm embarrassment to the Fiends   B)

20 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Count me as a third. And, we likely won't- we aren't big fans of fried chicken.

Me either however... their baked (or rotisserie) chicken on the dinner buffet at TE, was excellent!  I wish they gave you an option.  Tom and the kids would eat the fried, and so would I, just without the skin.

23 hours ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

I love the fried chicken and the mac and cheese isn't bad either.

Best Regards,

Norm

Our daughter could survive on Mac-n-Cheese alone :P

19 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I plan to be having my own personal fried chicken picnic on the beach Saturday, Oct 15th around 5:30-ish, while my brother, sister-in-law and nephew are at MIckey's Backyard BBQ. 

All are welcome.

BYOC.  ;)

Bummer.... this year's fall trip is earlier; we leave on October 2nd.  Y'all have fun!!

Back to the original thread, seems like to me instead of renting a camper, it would be cheaper to buy a used unit and find somewhere to leave it in Florida if you come back several times a year if you don't want to tow it far. I paid less than 1000 for mine, had AC and was usable with no modifications. That is not much more than a week's rental fee. I think a fiend would be willing to store it if they were not responsible if something were to happen to it. I have several acres that are cleared and mowed regularly if needed.

6 hours ago, BigTom said:

Back to the original thread, seems like to me instead of renting a camper, it would be cheaper to buy a used unit and find somewhere to leave it in Florida if you come back several times a year if you don't want to tow it far. I paid less than 1000 for mine, had AC and was usable with no modifications. That is not much more than a week's rental fee. I think a fiend would be willing to store it if they were not responsible if something were to happen to it. I have several acres that are cleared and mowed regularly if needed.

Awww... thanks for the offer. I'm scared to tow! Ha ha 

I'm thinking I might go the tent route. Katman AKA Not My Jason and I have been texting, and I'm a little less scared of that idea. 

Honestly, with the stuff we already have, I can't do maintenance on anything else. 

26 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Awww... thanks for the offer. I'm scared to tow! Ha ha 

I'm thinking I might go the tent route. Katman AKA Not My Jason and I have been texting, and I'm a little less scared of that idea. 

Honestly, with the stuff we already have, I can't do maintenance on anything else. 

Maybe the two of us should just go to a camper place and take an RV driving class. We could do it!!

2 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Good question. You've gotten us into trouble with "the law" before.

Exactly. Just for fun, I did a little research on RV Driver's training. There are a couple of places that do it. My brother used to drive semis for a living so surely I could handle it. I think your hubby would be a little nervous about it though. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

When we sold our previous 37' MH to our daughter, she came from Mobile and drove it back with no prior experience.  Likely had no other experience with anything larger than her Honda Pilot....and she's still alive.  Uses it often for beach camping and tailgating as well as a couple trips to the Fort.

And we usually get a GAG at least once per visit.  Lots of sides available.

I drove a school bus while in high school ... so I thought driving our motorhome would be no big deal.  I was wrong.  We have a diesel pusher with air brakes.  Those brakes take some getting used to!  They don't immediately take hold like regular brakes, but when they do they will stop our unit quickly.  By that point I have usually overreacted and hit the brakes too hard.  I can and will drive the moho, but watch out when I have to brake!

As Ken said, there are lots of sides available for a GAG ... but they are mostly starches.  If you're a low carber like me, the only side available is coleslaw.  And it isn't great.

On 5/12/2016 at 0:17 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

All are welcome.

BYOC.  ;)

I'm confused  (nothing new)  I thought your trip this year is over Christmas