Just ran across this, just posted this morning...

Beginning May 21st, Trail’s End at Fort Wilderness will begin offering a weekend brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 7:30AM until 2:00PM. This brunch will feature the usual breakfast buffet plus some additions. Here’s the menu”

• Hot Foods
    • Scrambled Eggs
    • Bacon
    • Sausage
    • Hash brown potatoes
    • Canadian Bacon Benedict
    • Pasta (Veg-pesto)
    • Mix Vegetables
    • Fried Chicken
    • Baked Mac and Cheese
    • Mash Potatoes and Gravy 
  • Omelets to order
    • Diced Ham
    • Andouille
    • Bacon
    • Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    • Diced Onion
    • Diced Peppers
    • Roasted Mushrooms
    • Pull Pork or Brisket
    • Chili
    • Salsa
  • Eggs to order
    • Over easy
    • medium
    • hard
    • Sunny side up
    • Poached

• Mickey and Belgian Waffles – with various warm toppings:
    • Blueberry Compote
    • Banana Fosters
    • Maple
    • Praline Sauce
    • Whipped Cream
  • Dessert Island
    • French Toast Bread Pudding
    • Assorted Pastries (4 different Kinds)
    • Red Velvet Cake -Cookies (2 different kinds)
    • Apple Cobbler
    • Corn Muffins
  • Fresh Fruit
    • Watermelon
    • Melon
    • Strawberries
    • Citrus Wedges
  • Breakfast Cold items offered from 7:30am to 11:00am
    • Smoke Salmon
    • Sliced Cheddar Cheese
    • Sliced Salami
    • Slice Ham
    • Yogurt (Strawberry)
  • Items introduced at 11:00am
    • Shrimp
    • Caesar Salad
    • Cole Slaw
    • Potato Salad
    • Mix Green Salad (with 3 dressings)
  • Soup Station:
    • Chili
    • Grits

Buffet price is $23.00 for adults and $13.00 for children and all usual discounts will be accepted for this brunch offering.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/05/trails-end-introducing-weekend-only-brunch-buffet-first-look-at-full-menu/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The BOAT arrow pointing toward the bus stop is for those rainy days when everything floods at the Fort!

Actually, it was correct before, since the arrow,was pointing to the 3000 loop boat, which is the fastest means of transportation to anywhere on property.

4 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I like brunch, but I also really like the Trail's End lunch menu. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed!!

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I didn't think about that- is there a chance they would still have the lunch menu available?

TCD

Doesn't sound like it so far.

3 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

My Rick will be very happy about this!!! He loves some Trail's End Breakfast, but sometimes 11:00 is just too early for him to get going!

Good point - DH will be also.  He loves the TE Breakfast buffet, but getting there by 11 is always a trick for us. He blames me. I blame the dogs.  ;)

We managed it once in 3 weeks last fall, and I think we got there at 10:45. 

If the $23 price is correct, that is $5 more than the full price for the buffet the last time I went, which was in the last month.

The additions of lunch entrées and an omelet chef may justify that $5, but there's only so much a person can eat.

I think we will go and we will like it, but I'll miss the price of the regular buffet.

TCD

10 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Items introduced at 11:00am

• Shrimp
  • Caesar Salad
  • Cole Slaw
  • Potato Salad
  • Mix Green Salad (with 3 dressings)

That could qualify it as a "lunch" buffet so perhaps they are using it as a combo offering, both breakfast and lunch buffet - then they have the excuse to justify the higher price.

It also cuts down on the work that has to be done in the kitchen since salads can be pulled from a central commissary so that helps reduce the staff required and keeps costs down.

Another double win for the accountants.

Other than the "lunch" items, it looks like the free breakfast selections at Embassy Suites!

Of course you don't get the Fort atmosphere.

It does look like a better selection than the Whispering Canyon breakfast but it is $6 more.

Wondering if they are going to raise the price for that?

On 5/18/2016 at 3:42 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

If the $23 price is correct, that is $5 more than the full price for the buffet the last time I went, which was in the last month.

The additions of lunch entrées and an omelet chef may justify that $5, but there's only so much a person can eat.

I think we will go and we will like it, but I'll miss the price of the regular buffet.

TCD

TCD I said basically the same thing.

We'll probably go and like it but I always hurt myself trying to eat my money's worth when it was cheaper.  Now it's going to cost more and really the only thing I'll do different is pay more money and eat fried chicken for breakfast.

I also was following Josh's twitter for his brunch, it should be pretty entertaining, seemed like he was there for hours.

WBI

• 2 weeks later...

I broke down and asked him on twitter. He said it's mostly the same with a few additional offerings. I joked with him that he didn't want to take buffet pics, and he posted a screen shot with a ton of them. So he hasn't written it yet, but I'm guessing he will at some point. He has enough material.